Author Topic: GIFTPIA is going to ROCK  (Read 6501 times)

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: GIFTPIA is going to ROCK
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2003, 10:35:23 PM »
its been released in japan allready? con sarn it :\ i guess it wont make it out of the land of the rising sun

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
GIFTPIA is going to ROCK
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2003, 03:27:40 AM »

Originally posted by: loserfish13
I read in a preview that there is no battle system, but i can't find which preview. Maybe the hearts are for some sort of mini-game?

I don't know if you saw my list-of-annoying-things-about-giftpia on another thread, but the hearts are -- yes! -- another annoying feature.

Basically you lose hearts constantly with time and you have to find new ones to not die.  It's not slow either -- you'll die after about five minutes if you don't go find some more hearts -- so it rather ruins the feeling of leisurely exploration you get with most rpgs.

I stopped playing after dying a few times from heart shortage; it was just too absurdly annoying.  I hope there's some item you get later than reduces this problem or something, because it seems like a pretty severe flaw.

Giftpia looks really nice, but it feels to me like the designers were so obsessed with making it `alternative' that they forgot to actually make it fun to play...