Author Topic: Sony and Microsoft at E3  (Read 6365 times)

Offline joeamis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Sony and Microsoft at E3
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2004, 06:03:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Koopa Troopa I know if I was releasing a piece of hardware I'd want everyone to know it is going to be $150 less expensive than what is being predicted.

Neither company is going to release price points until either the other company does or the system is close to release.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Sony and Microsoft at E3
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2004, 11:22:29 PM »
Citing GBA ports is pointless because the GBA, just like the PSP, is a home console-like portable. The DS isn't.

The difference between porting to DS and PSP is that the PSP can eat pretty much current games unaltered, while the DS requires chancges like a new control layout, new art assets (since it can't handle the stuff thrown at modern home systems). That's a 50% minimum remake right there.

Hm, how about one of those psychic+physics games that are becoming all the rage now, just that you apply your psychic powers with the stylus?

Offline Smashman

• View Profile
RE: Sony and Microsoft at E3
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2004, 03:14:03 PM »
Sony and Microsoft had nothing to show that hasn't already been announced. Nintendo had Zelda, Metroid Prime 2, Tales of Symphonia, and Paper Mario 2, which just about sums it up for me.
I am the one and only Smashman. Don't believe me? Well, then. I shall entomb you!

Offline VAVA Mk-2

• View Profile
RE:Sony and Microsoft at E3
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2004, 07:44:26 PM »
Ok I know there are a ton of Nintendo fanboys on this forum since this is a Nintendo focused site, but seriously all three had decent showings.  MS had a lot of cool looking Live titles and now has EA for Live, Halo 2 was shown off (and to all you people thinking that MP2 or UT2004 are better, you really need to read up more on it and check out all of the reviews as many gaming sites gave it best of show this year).  I too, though, wished they would have announced more XBox 2 stuff though, but the truth is it is too early for new hardware in the XBox's life cycle and they didn't want attention taken away from their good line up for this year.  For Sony, they had some cool looking games, mainly MGS 3, which will kick some @$$ as well as other stuff.  PSP is the biggest announcement and while it does look like a cool and useful multimedia gadget, it is essentially a portable PSP with clie like features.  Not that I don't want one, but it just seems like a sheek consumer electronics device/pda with a ps2 built in.  I will still buy it, though.  Nintendo had a great showing this year, compared to last year which just plain sucked.  DS looks amazing, great gameplay potential, MP Hunters, the new Mario, and Mario 64x4 look sweet.  I just wish they would change the design a little or add an analog stick instead of digital pad which is a thing of the past and that they would make it a little smaller and cooler looking.  PSP definitely beats DS in cool looking appearance but software is another story I bet.  Overall, great E3 and a ton of stuff I want to buy for my PC, XBox, GameCube, PS2, GBA, as well as getting the DS and PSP for my collection.  I know I am gonna get a lot of criticism for this, but Halo 2 hands down was my fav part of the show.  If you have never played the original over XBox connect or on pc and dont understand the nuances of halo and how it controls, then you just dont know what you are missing out on.  Both single player campaign and online will rock!