Author Topic: Anyone have Red Faction 2?  (Read 2091 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Anyone have Red Faction 2?
« on: April 01, 2003, 02:51:07 PM »
.. For either the GC or the PS2?  I was thinking of getting it, but would like some input from someone who owns it.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 04:32:16 PM »
i had it at one point for my ps2- i got it from a friend, beat it, then gave it back
i do have to say that the game is pretty good
the whole game keeps you on your toes since it is all action- there are no level breaks except when you go to different sections so the game can load
it plays just like the original, except a little faster and smoother and better graphics
the georama system is also tweaked and more of everything can be destoryed and you can now make even longer tunnels if need be
i havent played it on the gc yet, but i would expect slightly better graphics and frame rate on the gc than the ps2
also i like the gc controller better for fps games
but on a whole i thought the game was pretty good and fun to play
also it has good multiplayer with bots and all- not as good as timesplitters 2 multi but still worth it
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Siegfried

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 03:15:30 AM »
Red Faction 2 = the suxor,        terrible game by far.   Terrible graphics, terrible gameplay, and no friggin system link.  Wow you can blow holes in a few walls but to bad the game is just friggin terrible.   The Red faction seeks to prostitute your daughters and kill your boys, the children sing in Praise of the CommonWealth!!! (You'd know what that is if you play red faction 2).   I do compare every console shooter to the man in the green suit, the master of any weapon or vehicle!,  and to timesplitters 2 which was a decent game (it had system link) .  
Siegfried