Author Topic: New Final Fantasy Rumors  (Read 6835 times)

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
New Final Fantasy Rumors
« on: February 21, 2004, 02:14:59 AM »
I was just at nintendojo and they were speaking of a new rumor goin about basically stating that all the ffs on the psx 7-9 could possibly be ported over to gamecube enhanced like metal gear and resident evil have.  I dont know what to believe anymore but I hope this turns out to be true.  What do you guys think of this rumor and if bloodworth or anyone else from this site can shed some light on if they've heard this or not.  

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:New Final Fantasy Rumors
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 02:49:06 AM »
Now that would be DANG cool!!!!
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 02:54:40 AM »
yeah, I'd love it lol, specially for ff7 cuase the character models in the overworld and towns were straight up ASS.  I dont know how square had the balls to let the game come out wit those blocks as characters.  I'm sure the backgrounds or somethin else in the game couldve taken a hit in performance just to add a few more polys on those models.  IMO I thinks its too good to be true.  Thats 3 big games to remake, thats a big task.  Unless they been workin on this for a few yrs already , I dont see it happening.  Unless they plan on doin the remakes on the n5 and release it as a set lol, that'll be sweet.

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 03:11:46 AM »
Source of Rumor:  Post at Gaming-Age forums

Source of Rumor There:  "Guy at Gamestop"

"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
RE: New Final Fantasy Rumors
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 03:19:40 AM »
hopefully that guy at gamestop was just blowing wind.

Offline SearanoX

• Supreme Hooligan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 04:35:59 AM »

Originally posted by: Manny
hopefully that guy at gamestop was just blowing wind.

Wait, are you saying that people at Gamespot don't always blow wind?    

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 04:39:20 AM »
Errrr, this rumor has been around for as long as Fund Q has been around...But it may be partially right...We'll just have to wait and see...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2004, 05:09:32 AM »
Man, I hope so but I don't see Square's incentive to remake for Gamecube only.  I'd imagine this on PS2, before I would on GCN.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2004, 05:12:44 AM »
As Bill mentioned, this rumor has been around forever... and at this point, there doesn't appear to be any new information which would make me take it as even a remote hope as of yet.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Oldskool

• Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2004, 05:21:59 AM »
Yay, the last of the Really good FF games (Except for FF8, which was good, but not great)... but it's probably not true.
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"

Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2004, 05:24:16 AM »
I haven't anything along these lines, but Square sucks at re-releases.  The only good one I've played is Final Fantasy IV on PlayStation.  The other games had big problems with load times and audio.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2004, 06:08:35 AM »
I agree with Bloodworth.  Personally, I think FF:CC is a huge hit, and something along its lines would be cool.  But of course, there's always room for another FF in thi world...
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2004, 06:29:55 AM »
I'd say the chance of that happening is smaller than a large asteroid suddently hitting the Microsoft headquarters. If the world had any sense for justice the latter would already have happened...

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2004, 11:59:42 AM »
Why wouldnt square continue working on the GCN? As I understand FF CC wasnt the only Square  game being developed for the GCN..... The door was open for more games. Id prefer Chrono Trigger, but some FF Remakes might be possible...

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2004, 12:54:06 PM »
There's more chance of me buying a house on Mars than this ever happening.
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2004, 02:31:31 PM »
yeah i never got how the psx versions of the games could be worse then the nes versions....the load times are horrendous..which is weird considering that  they look like snes games at best and the psx has way mroe memory then snes had....
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2004, 08:09:02 PM »
Honestly , I am guessing that right now there is a remake in the works , but dont see it coming to the GCN unless FF CC surpasses Square - Enixes predictions in sale.
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2004, 11:01:47 PM »

I haven't anything along these lines, but Square sucks at re-releases.  The only good one I've played is Final Fantasy IV on PlayStation.  The other games had big problems with load times and audio.

I found FF4 to be the second-worst one. It was buggy. The game locked up on me like three times in that Tower of Babel (or whatever it was called). About half the time, when I turned on the game, my PSone refused to believe that it was even a legit PSX game (and yes, it was a legit copy). FF4's only saving grace was it's overrated (but still cool) retranslation. It's nice to actually see, and know, why you won the fight on Mount Ordeals.

Crono Trigger sucked the most, because it's lack of a "battle screen" made it impossible for Square to hide the loading times behind a big swooshy fade. But, the load times were a problem because Square moved the games from carts to CDs. The GameCube is simply better than the PSX in every way (except for secondary L&R buttons).

Back to the main topic, I believe there should be some new announcement from Square, sometime soon.

FF:CC was made with Fund-Q. How Fund-Q is supposed to work is, Yamauchi made a giant pile of money. The game maker takes a bunch of the money, makes an essentially "free" game, then the first profits from the game go back to Yamauchi's money pile. Once the zero-interest loan is paid off, and the money pile is refilled, all the later profits go to the game maker, and they can take another dip in the money pile, assuming they're still a member of Yamauchi's exclusive club, and it loops around again.

Square (or rather "GDS") finished FF:CC. It pretty much has to have earned it's money back. So Square can probably start making their next free game anytime now (assuming the stuff we heard about Fund-Q is accurate).

There was an old rumor that Square was only making 2 GameCube-exclusive games, so that they would have permission to make all the SNES-ports on the GBA that they wanted. And this rumor seems to have picked up some serious weight with people. But I think it was just a rumor. Nothing more. Something Square fans (and IGN) made up to comfort themselves when Yamauchi first told Square to blow off, after they expressed interest in the GBA. Some "strategy" behind a "bad" (or just painful) decision. But there is a "strategy". A new one. It's called "Square's old president resigned" and "Fund-Q" and "free games".
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2004, 01:22:12 AM »
Well, they sound mighty nice, yet mighty farfetched also.
If its true however, i know i'll be picking up FF VII for sure.
I heard a long time ago GDS had started work on their next game.
What other companies have used the Q Fund?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2004, 05:30:19 AM »
GDS is actually, ahem, rumored *shifty eyes*, to be working on two titles, not just one...

And I think Genius Sonority was based on Fund Q, but I'm not entirely sure...

Offline savanna03

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2004, 11:41:02 AM »
FUND Q companies??? there is only 3 companies that im sure is and its GAME DESIGNER STUDIO (51 % SQUARE and 49 % NINTENDO), GENIOUS SONORITY (mostly ENIX ppl who work with DRAGON QUEST franchise) and SKIP LTD (mostly SQUARE ppl who work with CHRONO TRIGGER.)  

but there are other companies that are appearing this days that NINTENDO seems to be the publisher like ALPHA DREAM (MARIO AND LUIGI SUPERSTAR SAGA), N SPACE (GEIST) and ZOONAMI (GAME ZERO).  there could be more but we just dont know.  also newer companies like BROWNIE BROWN (mostly SQUARE ppl who work with SECRET OF MANA series) and the new tokyo studio (SQUARE, ENIX, CAPCOM, NAMCO, KONAMI and SEGA ppl) so i think that FUND Q is working alot better than putting that all that money on one company like RAREWARE.

anyways, back to the topic, i would definetly picking up FFVII if they are remaking it for GCN because im a loyal NINTENDO fan who miss out all those games from other system.  beside i already got RE REMAKE, gonna get MGS: TWIN SNAKE, so FFVII treatment would be no brainer.  

even in the message board, ppl seem 2 be intimidated by me.  it feels like im da slim shady him self 'cuz they had 2 use a microscope everytime i post...  blah they got nothing on me other than attacking my paragraphs...

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2004, 04:03:01 PM »
::in a gritty pirate voice::  Y'all are thinkin' it, I'm just sayin' it, ... m3g4t0n ...

Anyway.  I really don't care for all the tons of remakes.  I have an SNES with a few Square RPGs, I have my PSX and my DC, etc.  So maybe it's just that I have plenty of RPGs for the time being.  But when I see a remake of an old game, I always pick up a newer one.  Asside from my need to own the original, I just prefer to play newer games on newer systems, and for the time being, that is all I  have time for.  I would love to see more support from Square, and I would love to see the sales of a few more games for the GCN, like any of us, but I probably wouldn't buy it at full price.  Now if Square released a new RPG that was FF or anything else and included, say, Chrono Trigger(favorite RPG of all time) or an FF or such, with preorder, well, I'd get that.

Oh, and yes, Square is pretty bad at remakes, but that was the PSX, they can be a little sloppier with the SNES games on GCN.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2004, 04:34:49 PM »
Bypassing that cursed word should be grounds for banning... >_<

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2004, 05:22:51 PM »
I nearly fainted when read that cursed word!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2004, 05:31:42 PM »
If you turn off the URL Auto Parse option when you post it doesn't censor words. And unless you're spamming the words with curse words I don't think it really matter all that much.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill