Author Topic: About Dolby Digital...  (Read 1627 times)

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
About Dolby Digital...
« on: July 13, 2003, 09:53:18 PM »
I was just looking through my games when I noticed that the Super Monkey Ball 2 disk had the Dolby Digital symbol on it. Now I'm only a little educated in the ways of suround sound systems(in fact I don't even have one) but I was sure that the GCN couldn't do a digital signle seeing as how it doesn't have a coax/opticle out.

Anyway it got me thinking why that would be there and I came up with a few possible solutions; A) its a misprint and was meant to be DPL or DPLII symbol, B)The Q allows GCN games DD support and that is how SMB2 has it, C) there is some way that I don't know about to get DD out of the cube and everyone has neglected to tell me or put anything up on any web sites, or D) I'm a dork who reads to much into everything.

Well I was just wondering if someone could tell me the reason why the DD symbol is there. Sorry if this has been talked about before I just couldn't find anything on it and for the long wimded nature of my post.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
RE: About Dolby Digital...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 10:11:36 PM »
It was a typo, and if you go to the SMB2 site, there's a link at the bottom that says "Dolby Notice" or something similar, which leads to a page explaining that the game supports Dolby Pro Logic II and not Dolby Digital.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
About Dolby Digital...
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 10:51:40 PM »
Oh, ok thanks.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon