Author Topic: Zelda Radio and Z Science, Gone but not forgotten.  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Nik Jam

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zelda Radio and Z Science, Gone but not forgotten.
« on: June 28, 2003, 12:55:45 AM »
While browsing some Zelda sites, I came across some sites that mentioned the illfated Zelda Radio and Z-science websites, two of the genius marketing strategies Nintendo did to make sure Majora's Mask was as successful as Ocarina of Time, which sadly, was in vain.

The sites aren't up anymore as of one year ago, but i've been browsing Webarchive and have found the oldwebsites, but stuff like the DNA Test and the movie clips from Zelda Radio seem to be lost forever.

A sad tale, I knew about Zelda Gaiden since its announcement. Somewhere along the way, I completely forgot, probaly when I got a Dreamcast, but I didnt know about the Majora's Mask thing until less than a month before the game actually came out, when someone posted a magazine ad, and nintendo.com put up the Majora's Mask site. And thus, missed all the commercials, commercials which, rank #1 among best Video Game advertisements EVER in my opinion, as well as those two websites. (Even though I heard stuff about Zelda Radio from message boards, but never really bothered to read it since it was after the game came out)

I'm just wondering is there ANY WAY to get Nintendo to put these sites back up? If not, is there anyone who had no life back in 2000 and mirrored everything?

You may say i'm suffering from Majora's Mask withdrawal, despite being my most favirote game ever, despite that I still listen to the soundtrack all the time, the fact that I still download stuff related to the game, I haven't played the game for almost two years. Except from one time about 2 months ago, but as far as i'm concerned I didn't play it this year, or 2002.

This may be against the rules or something to ask these kinds of things, but I'm just looking for hope that these sites have not been forgotten.

Sometimes I wish there was a way to actually go back in time to where I did follow the game since 1999.
Nik Jam - I don't know. You tell me.

Offline Oldskool

• Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 01:27:01 PM »
I REMEMBER THOSE SITES!!! Nintendos advertising stratagy for MM was ingenious, with the whole "The Chosen One" thing. I remember Zelda Radio not updating once the say "the moon collided with the planet" came, which was also the games release date. Speaking of MM, does anyone remember how it came out 2 days before it was supposed to? I didn't get it during that time, but I did get it the day after it was meant to come out.
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"

Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.

Offline Z64freak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 08:54:43 AM »
The DNA test was from a third site Nintendo put up, called JRMOA (I think I spelled it right).  I actually have some of the movie clips/wallpapers/flash backed up if anyone is interested.