Author Topic: E3 2012 Press Conferences - Day 1: Microsoft, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Sony  (Read 39659 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Though I'm waiting for a Metal Gear to show up.  This looks a lot like Metal Gear 4.  The PS3 one.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Not Interested.  Move on.

I actually really liked Splinter Cell Conviction, but this just looks like they drained all the style out of it and inserted generic Modern Warfare.

Ugh...Kinect-based voice "distraction".  Bleh.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
How does Sam Fisher have a support team after all the stuff that went down in Conviction?  Sorry if I actually played Splinter Cell Conviction.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Ugh...Kinect-based voice "distraction".  Bleh.
Unfortunately these type of interactions will probably be on WiiU as well.  It has all the tech for it.  I put this where I put Clicky Sticks.  Most people will do a terrible job on implementation.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Unless they are announcing a Rugby game.  Don't care again.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Oh good, EA Sports is up.  I can go slice my Pizza now.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Sounds like the voice in this one is being done ok.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
So far my take away is that Kinect could be replaced with a good mic.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Well, EA just destroyed their online userbase with Kinect penalizing players for cursing out the referees.   ;)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
That some wicked delay on that Hike Command.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Oh come on, Microsoft!  I wanted to see a terrible on-stage demo for Fable: The Journey!   :P:

EDIT: Gears is up now. I really should get around to checking those games out someday.  Forza's up after it.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Wow, that's all they had to show for Gears of War: Judgement? A 30 second video, and a 2013 release date?  That has to sting for some 360 fans.

EDIT: "Xbox!  Skip to a game demo or reveal people actually care about, rather than this Bing crap!"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:59:34 PM by broodwars »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Wow, that's all they had to show for Gears of War: Judgement? A 30 second video, and a 2013 release date?  That has to sting for some 360 fans.
Shoot I feel cheated and I don't own a 360.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Hey if this was the 90's I might actually care about the NBA.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Hey if this was the 90's I might actually care about the NBA.

*yawn*  If only I had that legendary mystical device known as a "television", I might be able to watch this "ESPN" and "Nickelodeon."  Thankfully, Microsoft comes to the rescue!  </sarcasm>

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Any big surprises? I've heard about Splinter Cell: Blacklist but I haven't been keeping track of Microsoft's Press Conference since I'm at work. Is Blacklist console exclusive to 360?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Any big surprises? I've heard about Splinter Cell: Blacklist but I haven't been keeping track of Microsoft's Press Conference since I'm at work. Is Blacklist console exclusive to 360?

Probably. Splinter Cell Conviction was.

Yes!  Finally an inevitably terrible Kinect stage demo for a Nike Fitness game after all that boring TV talk!   ;D   C'mon, let's see a stage demo!

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Ah, I see Microsoft's new Press Conference Sound Test: "The audience is now asleep."

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I think Lindy and I are the only ones who love are Windows Phones around here.  Plus this has been in developement for at least 2 years.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Xbox Smart Glass, a way to watch movies etc. on the Go through multiple devices, continuing right where you left off.  Cool...I guess.

EDIT: OK, that was not what I was expecting when the guy called for Game of Thrones footage.   ;)

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Well, Microsoft just threw down the gauntlet with Smart Glass, allowing you to use your phones/tablets as game controllers/additional information screens for Xbox 360 games.  Nintendo's response should be interesting.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Oh **** a game demo at this Microsoft technology press conference (the awesome-looking new Tomb Raider).  Quick!  Shut it down!

EDIT: Yep, the new Tomb Raider still looks incredible, with lots of environmental kills and cool stuff like stabbing a dude with an arrow!   :D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:27:25 PM by broodwars »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
3 Microsoft exclusives now, starting with hack & slasher God of War clone "Ascend: New Gods"; continuing with some sort of Tron-esque motorcycle game; and ending with some Kinect thing I don't understand.

Looks like it's Resident Evil 6 time.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:32:43 PM by broodwars »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Resident Evil 6 looks like a good action game.  Don't know about a "good Resident Evil" game, especially with all the Quick Time Events and stuff blowing up.

Kinect-based Angry Birds clone Wreckateer doesn't look...terrible.

EDIT: the South Park RPG looks like more of the South Park I'm already "meh" about.  They definitely nailed the look of the show, offensive humor and all.  Unfortunately, I really don't like that aspect of South Park.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:43:52 PM by broodwars »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
*yawn* Dance Central 3.  Someone needs to rescue Harmonix, because I can imagine fewer hells worse than making 3 Kinect Dance Central games in (almost?) as many years.

EDIT: It'd be really nice if all this elaborate dancing was actually to the song in the game...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:47:46 PM by broodwars »