Author Topic: E3 Predictions, Hopes and Dreams (and never gonna happens!)  (Read 5525 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
In this thread, you get to post four things:

1.) A Prediction: Something you think will happen for sure.  Obviously, this could be something like "Nintendo shows off the Wii U" - but that would be lame.  :D

2) A Hope: Something you would like to see happen and actually stands a chance.  Like a Metroid/Star Fox crossover.

3) A Dream: Something you want to see happen, but on a scale of 1-10, 1 being "Nintendo Shows off the Wii U", we're talking a 9-10.  Like Mario Kart GP as a Nintendo Selects title. :D

4) Not gonna happen.  Something batshit crazy that you still want to see happen but there's virtually no way in hell it'll happen.  Like Nintendo renaming the "Wii U" the "Super Wii".  (*Note, that isn't one of my, personal, 'want to happens')...

So:
1) Prediction: Nintendo will show off the new Kirby Collection and it'll be pretty sweet - but there will be a lot of complaints that there's not enough on it.
2) Hope: Wii U has enough internal memory or a realistic memory solution to not have any of the memory pitfalls we had with the Wii or seen on the 3DS.
3) Dream: Mario Bros. Classic (4-Player GBA remake from the Advance series) gets announced as a DSiWare or eShop title similar to 4 Swords.  With an on-line mode.
4) Not gonna happen: 3DS Ambassadors get a mail-in rebate on Wii U if they buy in the launch week. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: E3 Predictions, Hopes and Dreams (and never gonna happens!)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 12:12:12 AM »
Do we need this thread when another E3 predictions thread already exists?

That said, I propose there also be a 5th thing you can post:

5) Fears: Something you really DON'T want to happen, but you fear it might happen. Such as Reggie going on and on about something no one cares about, while meanwhile something which looks really interesting and fun gets ignored.
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 12:17:19 AM »
Do we need this thread when another E3 predictions thread already exists?

Thought about it - but that one was 15 pages long and has gone pretty far off course by this point.  Was hoping for something a little more consolidated so we can come back next week and see who's hopes and dreams came true. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 12:19:17 AM »
1) Prediction: Sony will announce two major Vita-exclusive RPGs from Square-Enix: a Kingdom Hearts game and a Final Fantasy game.  Meanwhile, there will be little to no Western-developed games shown or listed for the Vita.

2) Hope: Nintendo announces a Xenoblade-caliber (aka "AAA") RPG from Monolith Soft for the Wii U (with a possible 3DS version).

3) Dream: Skies of Arcadia Legends 2 gets announced for PS3/360/Wii U along with an HD port/remake of the original game.

4) Not gonna happen: Nintendo announces at the press conference that they are acquiring/creating new game studios in the West to handle the development of new IPs, especially ones geared towards Western gamers (FPS games, Western-oriented RPGs, etc.).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 12:27:12 AM »
1.) A Prediction: A rough, pre rendered trailer for the next SSB game.

2) A Hope: F Zero for Wii U/3DS

3) A Dream: Wii U being supported by all third party developers

4) Not gonna happen.  Retro Studios being allowed to make their own games.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 12:51:59 AM »
1) Prediction: Reggie will say something groan-worthy, thus creating a new meme.

2) Hope: Adequate internal storage system on the WiiU

3) Dream: First Party FPS from Nintendo

4) Not Gonna Happen: Halo 3DS

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 12:54:30 AM »
1. Prediction: Retro Studios next game = Zelda.

2. Hope: Eternal Darkness 2 is revealed. Doesn't suck. Eternal Darkness gets remastered.

3. Dream: Nintendo reveals Platinum Games' reboot of Star Fox. It's a launch title.

4. Not Going to Happen: WayForward Technologies is given near-free reign to make a 2D Metroid with HD sprites for Wii U. It's Metroid 5, basically ignores Other M and competently follows/explores Samus' Metroid fusion. Features fully animated cut-scenes.

These are all Nintendo. Can I post one for the rest of the industry or is that breaking the rules?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 01:02:24 AM »
1) Prediction: Nintendo will show off Pikmin 3 and it will be awesome, but it will not be what people expect, and the gaming media will actually think it is too casual.
2) Hope: Wii U supports 2 Wii U tablets and allows 2 Wii U tablets to play different Virtual console games at the same time.
3) Dream: Nintendo creates a unified Nintendo Account that allows for gamers to use the same account for their 3DS and Wii U digital purchases, and some games can be bought for one system and played on the other....including all VC games, and special cross-platform launches that the developers want available to both.
4) Not gonna happen: Launch game Pokemon MMO.  Monolith and the Pokemon company have been working on the game for launch or near launch of the system.  With purchase of the game, you get one year free play.  Purchase price is a premium $70.00 game. 

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 01:44:54 AM »

These are all Nintendo. Can I post one for the rest of the industry or is that breaking the rules?

Considering this is in General Gaming I think it's alright.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 02:31:26 PM »
1) Prediction - Nintendo will show of Mario U, Pikmin U, and Smashbros U

2) Hope - Silicon Knights returns like a prodigal son and shows off the Eternal Darkness 2 we all want.

3) Dream - Nintendo announced they have purchased Sega and have Shenmue Universe set for launch.

4)Not going to happen - Sony announces they are pulling out of the console market and making God of War/ Little Big Planet, and Drakes Uncharted multi platform.

5) Fears - Nintendo announces a split from the Pokémon company and relinquishes its rights to Pokémon
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 04:14:32 PM »
1) Prediction: Halfway through the press conference, Miyamoto will appear on-stage and live-demo Pikmin 3. Afterwards, they will announce that it will be a Wii U launch title.

2) Hope: F-Zero is indeed returning to Wii U, and it's being developed by Monster Games.

3) Dream: Nintendo Network is on-par with, if not better than, Xbox Live and/or PlayStation Network.

4) Not Gonna Happen: People say Nintendo is not doomed.

Is it next Tuesday yet?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:23:18 PM by FZeroBoyo »
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 06:17:41 PM »
1) Prediction: Nobody but Nintendo will talk about their next gen systems during E3 outside of a passing comment, such as they are working on it.

2) Hope: The Wii U will have at least 3GB of system ram.

3) Dream: Nintendo will allow digital Wii purchases to be registered onto a Wii U and redownloaded for free.

4) Not Gonna Happen: Microsoft does not have bad actors "demoing" the Kinect.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 07:46:07 PM »
1)Prediction: Nintendo's stock surges over the massive hype at E3 over all the announcements going on. Meanwhile, the investors who sold their stocks after last year's E3 commit mass suicide out of regret.

2)Hope: A 2D Metroid game will be unveiled which is actually good and doesn't portray Samus as an overemotional wuss. Sakamoto apologizes for having created that abomination known as Other M.

3)Dream: Sony announces they've cancelled the PS4 and are going third party.

4)Not Gonna Happen: Reggie will stop taking names and finally start kicking ass.

5)Fear: Sony and/or Microsoft will shock everyone by unveiling their future console(s) a year earlier than anticipated, stealing a great deal of hype away from Nintendo.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:52:34 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 09:34:56 PM »

5)Fear: Sony and/or Microsoft will shock everyone by unveiling their future console(s) a year earlier than anticipated, stealing a great deal of hype away from Nintendo.

Actually I fully expect this out of either Microsoft or Sony...but not both.  I just don't know which one is willing to do it.  My bet would be on Microsoft though. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 02:16:48 AM »
i expect sony/ms to do this, but not release till next year. MS likes summer releases though, and smartly jumped into this generation earlier with 360.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 08:19:18 AM »
1) Prediction: New iterations in F-Zero (3DS & Wii U), Star Fox (Wii U), and Zelda (3DS) will be announced.  Zelda: Link to the Past will be announced as first in a series of SNES 3D Classics Remakes for 3DS.

2) Hope: Wii U is priced between $299 and $349.  Its pack-in game will be the mini-games shown at last E3, but digitally loaded onto the system instead of a separate disc.  A special edition $399 priced one will come with this as well as a copy of New Super Mario Bros Wii U.

3) Dream: Nintendo announces connectivity between 3DS & Wii U with the ability to have the top screen of your 3DS displayed on your television (or U-Mote!) sans 3D, of course.

4) Not gonna happen: 3DS slot inside of the U-Mote so you can play 3DS games on the Wii U using the television as the top screen and the U-Mote as the touch controller.

Offline Tlon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 12:47:56 PM »

1)      Prediction: Games will be announced and I would experience that bitter-sweet feeling of watching the unveil trailer for a certain game for hundreds of times and anxiously waiting for months or maybe years for it to be released praying that it won’t be cancelled.
2)      Hope: An Iwata asks game where you would be the interviewee trying to make Iwata laugh with your choice of answers.
3)      Dream: That the Iwata asks game is part of another game where you would act as Iwata turning  game concepts into working games (think Scribblenauts).
4)      Not gonna happen: points 2) and 3)
"hlör u fang axaxaxas mlö"

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 01:39:25 AM »
Smart strategy would be to announce preliminary details of their future platform to steal some of a competitor's thunder. Specifically, the first thing they would want to highlight (and really push a boot into the gut) is that indeed the hardware capability far outpaces the modest improvement offered by WiiU. Then they could make some vague promises of certain popular platform-specific properties and then drive home the point with a liberal "target graphics" video.

I know that MS has previously said that they will not publically speak about their NextBox, but now would be a fine time and they will DEFINITELY be doing plenty of talking behind closed doors as they Marshall developer support. As their current-gen platform is the oldest, and as they probably are very wary of competitors like Apple expanding the reach of iOS into the living room, I would expect them to be readying a fall 2013 launch.
It would be good timing to have something to talk about THIS E3.

For Sony, the situation is stickier...more than anyone, they want to ride out current gen and recoup some of their losses. However, tactically, they really don't want to be last to market once again and they no longer have the advantage of being the market leader. Thus, prepare for PS Orbis!

E3 Hopes: a well developed platform strategy from Nintendo that accounts for where living room and mobile computing is headed and addresses the needs of modern gamers who desire robust networking features. A partnership with another tech leader (besides EA) would do much to reinforce confidence and expectations.

E3 Dreams: 2D Metroid, perhaps Return of Samus, Retro-developed else wise developed by Chair. 3DS target platform is fine.

No Wayyyy: Epic Games announces their full support and a new exclsuive IP targeted at core gamers that combines marines, space demons, heavy weaponry, manifold multiplayer modes and possibly Jazz Jackrabbit.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 05:44:59 PM »
1) Prediction: Pikmin 3 will feature both local and online multiplayer co-op.  Wii U screen can be used to view your partner in online co-op mode.
2) Hope: Level-5 will announce that Ni No Kuni will also release on the Wii U next year.
3) Dream: Nintendo announces a new 3D Mario Galaxy style game called Mario Dreamscape, based with the setting, enemies and characters from Super Mario USA.  Mario, Luigi, Toad and Peach will  each be playable characters.
4) Not gonna happen: Capcom brings Mega Man Legends 3 back from the dead and announce it as a Wii U launch title.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost