Author Topic: PlayStation Portable, a serious contender to GBA?  (Read 21171 times)

Offline VariantX

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: PlayStation Portable, a serious contender to GBA?
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2003, 12:15:56 AM »
Id enjoy some competition finally in nintendo's pet sector. Seeing as there is some threat to nintendo's utter dominance in the handheld sector, I would guess that the sucessor to gba is coming not too long after PSP.  Id prefer they develop the gba's sucessor with the same care and talent that created the gamecube.  Its an INCREDIBLE system without a doubt.  I didnt feel the same way about the development process the gba went through.  I seriously look at the gba as a system with all of the strengths of the snes (colors, resolution,sound, graphical effects) and the genesis (speed, processing power)  but not much if any improvements(except in the 3d area) over either system and it STILL has the crappy speakers from the gbc.  My main dissapointment with the gba is the fact that it only has 4 buttons rather than 6.  If they were so hell bent on porting so many of the great snes games why dumb down the control scheme from the console you would have yourself make ports from?  As long as the gba plays games, and its sucessor does that and does it better than anyone else im happy though.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
PlayStation Portable, a serious contender to GBA?
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2003, 04:46:29 AM »
I think the reason why the GBA has 2 action buttons (A + B) as opposed to 4 is because the handheld would then be too wide in length.