Author Topic: Silent Hill Music  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Silent Hill Music
« on: June 22, 2003, 10:49:41 PM »
I know that I am likely the only one on these forums who likes this franchise... (one of the drawbacks of being on a Nintendo board...), but I FINALLY found a good trailer for Silent Hill 3 (it's near the top), which inspired me to go hunting down some of the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack.  

I found an interesting thing though...  I found this remix of the first version of "Theme of Laura" from the trailer of Silent Hill 2.  It's VERY good, and I thought I would share.  Even if you don't like the game, you have to like the music.  It's just too damn cool.    I always thought that the first version of The Theme of Laura was the best one, but it only appeared in final form on the OST, leaving us all with only a trailer for the original version.    I was very pleased to see it in incomplete form at the end of the PC version of Silent Hill 2 though.    They added an extra credits section for the PC version, and they played the first version.

Anyways, I just discovered when I was looking for a track I realized I was missing from the first Silent Hill game... that PSMplay would play the audio tracks from the first Silent Hill... and here I was waiting for the PSFs.    The song that plays when you go into the antique shop kicks ass, and there's actually an updated version of it on the Silent Hill 3 trailer that I posted above.  

PS:  If anyone else was looking for the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack, it can be found here.

Damn... I am going to have to come back tomorrow with a CD... I only have 3 floppies with me right now.    Gotta pick the best of the litter I suppose.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Silent Hill Music
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 05:48:56 AM »
I'm a big fan of SH2's music. If you can call it that. It seems more like tense ambience, with constant thudding of metal in the background and such. Never got a track listing for it though. I can relate to wear it is in the game though. Thanks to that link, I can now add all the ID3 tags

Thanks!
I'll look into SH3's songs tomorrow. I should of bought the game last week when I had the chance ;_;

And why did Konami have to be complete asshats and cancel the pack-in soundtrack with the European release, yet they still have it planned for the US release? ;_;

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Silent Hill Music
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 12:16:47 PM »
I'll tell you why the PAL guys didn't get it.  Because they get the game 2 months earlier than us, that's why!  

Konami usually packages something in for Europe, because they have to wait longer for the games, and that's how Konami makes it up to them.  However, since Europe tends to buy more copies of Silent Hill, they got Silent Hill 3 first.  So it's North America that gets the bonus this time around.  

I just hope that Konami does the MGS2 trick and packages the game on a single DVD.  It would make things much nicer to deal with.  

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 04:34:14 PM »
Hah, yeah, we had to wait five months for Silent Hill 2. And what did we get? A bonus DVD THAT WASN'T EVEN ENCODED IN EUROPE OR AUSTRALIA'S REGION! (Region 2 and 4, alot of DVD's are released as both for Aus and Europe in general)

But oh-no, Konami were so kind, they gave us a Japanese region coded disc. Bah.
It looked damn interesting, too. With a whole host of interviews, concept art, making of features and trailers...

Oh well, at least the MGS2 bonus DVD worked

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Silent Hill Music
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 04:39:52 PM »
lol... that's kind of funny... You ever think about hacking your DVD player?  I heard that that disc was pretty good.  

Speaking of MGS2... I know that I hate the game and all, but the Toys R Us here in town is selling the PC version for $25.  If I had money, I might seriously be considering picking it up.  It's fun to play if nothing else.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
Silent Hill Music
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2003, 02:12:43 AM »
Hey Infernal, my DVD player (err, parent's) is multi-region.  Why don't you give the bonus disc to me?  I will put it to good use!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2003, 05:08:49 PM »
Heh, I'd love to, but I no longer own the game
I ended up trading it in towards a copy of Mario Sunshine becasue I couldn't stand the thought of not playing that game on launch. Me silly.

Offline JB

• The Grandfather of All Knowledge
    • View Profile
Silent Hill Music
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2003, 02:17:43 PM »
Doesn't Japan have DVD-region encoding 2 just like Europe and South Africa?
AC Name:Jan
Town:Zooropa

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
Silent Hill Music
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2003, 11:38:23 PM »
Yes, you are right, and that region includes the Middle East.  And it doesn't make sense to me why.  What a crazy world we live in!