Author Topic: Game of E3 2003  (Read 5379 times)

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
Game of E3 2003
« on: May 17, 2003, 12:15:19 PM »
My hands down game of the show at E3 was Prince of Persia.  The attendant at the GCN version had to press the RESET button occassionally, but this game shows how what ENTER the MATRIX should've been...gameplay wise.

Cube
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Game of E3 2003
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2003, 12:23:50 PM »
I think I will give my vote to Mario Kart.  It was the most polished, and the greatest PLAYABLE game on the floor I think.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline boggy b

• View Profile
RE: Game of E3 2003
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 01:59:56 PM »
Mine (despite not having been there) would be GT4 or HALO 2.

If I'd been there it might have been different, mind you.
"And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell:
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Offline Cube323

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 03:07:05 PM »
Soul Caliber 2, Star Wars: Rouge Squadron 3, and I would say Halo 2 as well, but it was far from being complete, or even playable for that matter.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Game of E3 2003
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 05:16:10 PM »
My vote goes to Mario & Luigi or Billy Hatcher & the Giant Egg.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Game of E3 2003
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 06:45:55 PM »
Mario Kart for me, I've always been a big fan of it.  Plus the new one looks awesome, regardless of the reputation the old one gave it (implying that it looks good enough standing on its own.  The old ones are very good).
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Munky

• View Profile
Game of E3 2003
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2003, 06:45:47 AM »
Halo 2 I think is the best game of E3 2003. Nothing, and I mean nothing compared to it visually. I can't compare it gameplay wise seeing as few people have played the game. Halo 2 looks 1000x better than the Metroid Prime 2 video that IGN has.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline JB

• The Grandfather of All Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2003, 06:58:37 AM »
My favourite game is Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes. The screenshots on the Nintendo E3-site look amazing. They are far more polished than what Nintendo was showing of the game at E3.  
AC Name:Jan
Town:Zooropa

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2003, 07:14:17 AM »
I think we should be keeping to "Playable" game for not. I mean it was a disgrace last year with DOOM3 winning GOTS last year.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Game of E3 2003
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2003, 08:23:40 AM »
Visually stunning game - Definitely Doom III. And if the videos I saw are its gameplay, than hands down my votes go to it. Halo 2 does not even come near Doom III's graphics.

Gameplay/New Innovative game - Mario Kart: DD, this is just a polished port from the N64 version with an innovative two player vehical. Don't get me wrong, I'm still buying the game.

Biggest surprise for Nintendo - Geist (Think it was the only surprise for them)

Best Port - MGS: Twin Snakes, I believe its just a port form the original PSX version, just polished up and more enhancements.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Game of E3 2003
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2003, 08:58:05 AM »
Mario Kart isn't a port, just an old concept completely redone.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline telaris

• View Profile
Game of E3 2003
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2003, 06:09:34 AM »
Halo 2 was THE game that 8 minute demo was tyte

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2003, 12:21:46 PM »
Half-Life 2, Halo 2, F-Zero GX, and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time were the best games at E3. If I had to narrow it down to one, I'd say Half-Life 2.

Offline BrianSLA

• View Profile
Game of E3 2003
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2003, 03:31:22 PM »
Considering I didn't go..... I'd say Half Life 2, then HALO2 as most commenters are saying. BUT I did see that sweet video on Xplay called " Full Spectrum Warrior " for Xbox that looked really cool. I did a Google search and found out the US Army developed it for training. The troops are  getting it first then the public.  

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Game of E3 2003
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2003, 09:27:19 PM »
My favs on the floor were F-Zero and Prince of Persia. Both were very beautiful, and while Prince of Persia was a little buggy (forgiveable, it's only 60% complete) both were an absolute blast to play.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Game of E3 2003
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2003, 02:20:44 PM »
Maybe I'm crazy, but the other games I'm getting are Star Fox (looks awesome) and Kirby Air Ride (looks good, plus I'm a kirby fan).  Prince of Persia looks cool, but that all depends on money.

Offline Vanilla Thunder

• View Profile
Game of E3 2003
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2003, 10:33:27 AM »
The best Nintendo game on the show floor was easily F-Zero GX.  I've always been a huge F-Zero fan, and that may color my opinion right from the get-go, but seriously, can you remember anything but great things ever being said about this polished gem of a game?  For me, it's like a dream come true:  Nintendo and Sega collaborating on one of the best series ever, creating the fastest and most visually stunning racing game EVER in the process, expanding the F-Zero universe ever further with deeper back stories to the characters and settings, and linking the customizable action between the home and the arcade.  AWESOME!  I haven't heard a single complaint about this game; everybody seems to drip with positive feedback for it, the movies look absolutely mindblowing, and the features list is fantastic.  I simply cannot WAIT to get this game!

Prince of Persia would have to be runner-up.  It looks friggin' incredible.  The graceful acrobatics and effortless wall-running are just amazing, and the game's so polished and stylized, too.  I love it.  Chalk up another winner for Ubi Soft, a company who's really been impressing my lately.

Other honorable mentions are a not-playable-but-so-awesome-looking-that-you-just-know-that-it-will-kick-major-butt Halo 2 and the perfected fighting gameplay of Soul Calibur 2 --- Link included!

Craziest Nintendo Character Ever
Ludicolo, the giant, furry, Mexican duckbilled pineapple man with a lily pad sombrero!  Yet another reason to love Pokemon!

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2003, 12:05:03 PM »
Geez, it's really a tough choice... Too be perfectly honest E3 this year wasn't that exciting (we saw alot of it last year). Halo2 was outstanding, as was Half-Life2, Mario Kart is AWESOME and so is F-Zero... and then there is Viewtiful Joe. Those would be my top five I think. I'm also really excited about Geist. PS2 had a really bad showing, the only thing even remotely interesting was Star Ocean 3.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2003, 12:40:36 PM »
That's funny, I'd love to be able to play Gran Turismo 4 and Metal Gear Solid 3, both of which PS2 is getting

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Game of E3 2003
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2003, 08:04:22 AM »
I've looked at F-zero, and I think I might get it.  So now there's Kirby, Mario Kart, Star Fox, F-zero, and maybe even Killer 7.

Offline phooky

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2003, 12:50:47 PM »
definintely halo 2

Offline whitey14

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2003, 10:29:06 AM »
mario kart looked the best to me despite the "slow" gameplay