Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 764587 times)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #2025 on: March 24, 2017, 11:04:24 AM »
I, too, have Tri-Force Heroes and would be up for some online co-op play sometime. I haven't even cracked the game yet. I tried the demo awhile back and it was good fun.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2026 on: March 24, 2017, 11:06:35 AM »
Snagged Corpse Party and Senran Kagura 2 off the XSEED sale. This was the breast.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: March 24, 2017, 06:26:07 PM »
I'm surprised. I've made mention of it a few times and have mentioned being a fan of the series for a few years now.
Well excuse me princess, but I don't remember every little thing like some users on here do (or at least claim to). I know you've talked about the Rock Band games before and such like that, so I guess it makes sense you'd also like dancing games if you like music games, but I didn't remember about the dance games. Maybe I just glossed over that part.

No problem. I guess I just try harder to remember what people have said on this forum because I actually care about them....... GUILT TRIP! Of course, you don't frequent the forums as much as you used to though, conversely, I find it easier to keep on top of everything on the forums these days as the Zelda effect keeps things moving slow on here so there aren't a lot of threads getting activity even without showing up regularly.

I guess with the lack of Mario Party on consoles these days, the idea of these Olympic games as a competitive minigame collection has now seemed like a possibility to fill that void that didn't seem necessary before.
I dunno if you have / tried Mario Party 10, but I still think it's better than the 2014 M&S Olympics game. Some people might disagree with that though, and MP10 isn't anything special either.

I have and wasn't that impressed by it. If the Olympic games can't equal that quality then they sound pretty passable. It's just that Phil seemed so positive about the recent Rio one. Actually, a game I forgot about was just reminded on yesterday was Wii Party U. I may pick that up instead of the Olympics.

When I pick it up, I plan on playing through your stages and seeing what you've got Miss Mop it up. After seeing all your Miiverse advertising, I want to know what all the fuss is about.
To be fair, it isn't intentional advertising. When a level is uploaded, it automatically creates a Miiverse post as well, to contain any comments made for the level. There's no way to disable this posting.

I have also seen you posting on these forums about your levels and having people play them. Don't try to put this all on Miiverse! This is why it is ending. Too many people blaming it for their mistakes.

In addition, from this list here, you'll see that I know have Triforce Heroes and Federation Force. After telling me I need to get more co-op games and do more online multiplayer, here's the chance to help me do just that. I'd like to spend some more time getting through Breath of the Wild but maybe next month we could see about getting together with other NWR crew, like Phil who's been trying to get more meet-ups started on these forums, and start tackling some of these titles. My preference to start would be Federation Force because I wonder how long Nintendo will keep its servers going with its low sales and upcoming Switch online plans. You interested?
Yeah, I was gonna comment on those but thought maybe this isn't the thread for that since it could get derailed. As I understand it, Nintendo's games don't have individual severs, they all run off the same ones so individual games shouldn't get shut down due to low popularity. This is how it worked on Wii and DS, and even old, unpopular games still had online features until the general servers were shut down in 2014 due to being unable to continue with the tech licencing.

In any case, I'm always game for any game, so just let me know. Tri Force Heroes requires three players so that could be tricky, it's possible to sub in a random with two friends but that can be a crap shoot. Federation Farce doesn't quite have that issue, though it is balanced for four players and some missions can be pretty tough with just 2 players. But you don't sound like someone to back down from a challenge!

The Devil's Third multiplayer servers were shut down and I'm sure there was another game awhile ago that had its servers shut down despite also being a Nintendo release. I feel it was a 3DS game but I'd have to do some more research to see for sure. If you want to take the discussion of playing those game somewhere else then perhaps the You VS Khushrenada thread from Khushrenada Week in multiplayer would work best or Phil's NWR Meet-up attempt thread. From the sounds of it, Triforce Heroes looks like it could get some support and with people on a Zelda high right now it might be worth checking out what the most recent 2D entry is like but I still would like to dive into MP:FF first for something different from Zelda. You're right in that I'm not afraid of a challenge. I'm ready to play it single player if I have to but I know its designed for multiplayer and would like to see how it plays that way.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: March 24, 2017, 06:27:37 PM »
I, too, have Tri-Force Heroes and would be up for some online co-op play sometime. I haven't even cracked the game yet. I tried the demo awhile back and it was good fun.

Haven't touched the game myself aside to make sure it works. If myself and others are ready to dive into it together, I'll make sure to send you an invite if you want to join in with us.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: March 25, 2017, 11:40:05 AM »
I'm game for some Tri-Force Heroes. Though I will have to tear myself away from BotW to do it. Might be a nice change of pace.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: March 25, 2017, 12:29:47 PM »
No problem. I guess I just try harder to remember what people have said on this forum because I actually care about them....... GUILT TRIP!
Cut me some slack, I'm trying my best here.

It's just that Phil seemed so positive about the recent Rio one. Actually, a game I forgot about was just reminded on yesterday was Wii Party U. I may pick that up instead of the Olympics.
The Rio M&S could be good for all I know, I don't have that game. I actually have Wii Party U from the Mario Kart Promotion, we didn't find that one to be very good either. I guess if you really don't like the car boards in MP9 and 10 then maybe you'd prefer what it does for "boards" and similar things, but most of it is pretty simplistic and the minigames are nothing memorable... seriously, I'm having trouble remembering them. We still feel Mario Party 10 is better. Neither game has a single player mode however, while the M&S Olympics games do, if you care about that.

I have also seen you posting on these forums about your levels and having people play them. Don't try to put this all on Miiverse! This is why it is ending. Too many people blaming it for their mistakes.
Posing a suggestion to an individual user in the Super Mario Maker or similar thread is not advertising. Making my own thread about it, now that would be advertising.

The Devil's Third multiplayer servers were shut down and I'm sure there was another game awhile ago that had its servers shut down despite also being a Nintendo release.
I was thinking about that one but I'm fairly certain those servers were run by the company that made the game and not by Nintendo. Either way, it's just one game, there are plenty of unpopular games that still retain their online features, Nintendo or otherwise, such as Mass Effect 3 on Wii U and Code of Princess on 3DS, for just two examples. It isn't something I'm worried about, myself.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: March 27, 2017, 04:04:36 AM »
I hit up the local flea market today. was going to try and get a SNES Copy of Chrono Trigger for my birthday, but my friend who was with me wanted to buy more N64 games. not my place to complain though.

WIth the money I DID have, I replaced my copy of Kirby Squeak Squad, got a copy of Elite Beat Agents, Donkey Kong 94, and Goof Troop for SNES, the Shinji Mikami classic!

spent $35 total because the guy at the flea market is a friend anyway since i'm a semi-regular up there.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: March 27, 2017, 08:05:06 AM »
I bought a ps4 yesterday. There was a sale, so I bought God of War III, Assassins Creed Syndicate, and Twisted Metal Black. God of War and Twisted metal cost 9.06 total. Assassins Creed cost 19.99+tax
The ps4 came with uncharted 4. Uncharted 1,2,3 are also on their way.

edit: Oh jesus the Mail lady put my game in the wrong mail box...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:37:05 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: March 28, 2017, 02:55:13 PM »
Bought the physical release of Runner 2 on PS4 via Limited Run Games in the brief window when it went up on sale and had it delivered yesterday. A total splurge and I kinda wished it was the Wii U version but it was hard to pass up supporting one of the best games of this generation for me.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: March 31, 2017, 12:41:45 AM »
For me it is Blaster Master Zero for Switch. I've enjoyed the time I've had with the game even if it is quite a bit easier and more forgiving then the original (which is one of my favorites). I'm leaning towards Zero being a better game overall, like Zero Mission was to Metroid but I'll need to play it more.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2035 on: March 31, 2017, 01:07:28 AM »
Lets see my most recent Nintendo gaming purchase was Pokémon Moon and I got lots of different Steam games via friends and steam keys from bundles.

As far as Pokémon Moon goes I completed the main story and I need to go back and get more pokes to fill out my dex. I think I went through the game with one main team while catching different pokemon so I have lots to do in it still.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: March 31, 2017, 03:59:09 AM »
My most recent purchase that I made just a couple minutes ago was MLB The Show 17 for PS4, likely the game I will spend the most time with out of anything on any platform this year.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: April 01, 2017, 02:31:00 PM »
My most recent purchase that I made just a couple minutes ago was MLB The Show 17 for PS4, likely the game I will spend the most time with out of anything on any platform this year.

More than Breath of the Wild? I find that hard to swallow.

For me it is Blaster Master Zero for Switch. I've enjoyed the time I've had with the game even if it is quite a bit easier and more forgiving then the original (which is one of my favorites). I'm leaning towards Zero being a better game overall, like Zero Mission was to Metroid but I'll need to play it more.

I'm on the fence with Blaster Master, so keep us posted with your impressions as you continue through it.

As far as Pokémon Moon goes I completed the main story and I need to go back and get more pokes to fill out my dex. I think I went through the game with one main team while catching different pokemon so I have lots to do in it still.

I meant to pick up Moon, but have yet to get around to it. Now with the rumors of Stars on the Swiitch I'll hold out a bit longer. Not like Breath of the Switch isn't filling up a lot of my gaming time.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 02:33:26 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: April 01, 2017, 02:56:23 PM »
Insanolord has made it no secret that he's really into sports games, so it isn't surprising to me, hee hee.

I hit up the local flea market today. was going to try and get a SNES Copy of Chrono Trigger for my birthday,
This sounds like an expensive endeavor, though I haven't checked what the game goes for these days.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: April 01, 2017, 11:36:08 PM »
it was too rich for my blood, but it's on my bucket list along with a copy of Mega Man 7 and a proper copy of Shantae and not just a Repro cart.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: April 12, 2017, 07:55:34 AM »
In 2015, I bought my best friend a 3DS because he was playing an inordinate amount of mobile games. He was my main video-game buddy growing up, so I wanted him to share in my nostalgia, as well as have a better experience than on mobile. Unfortunately, he was totally disinterested.

Last weekend he and I both went to my parents house for a visit. I confirmed he wasn't using the 3DS - he still hadn't unboxed it - and since we only get to see each other in person a few times a year, I asked him to bring it with him. I had intended to use it for creating a secondary Pokémon account for trading with myself.

Since we were both home together, we decided to go visit an old high school friend that he had stayed in touch with, but I hadn't seen in nearly ten years. When he was showing us his house, he introduced me to his daughter, whose room was covered with Pokémon plushies and drawings. In the course of chit-chatting with her, I learned that she was a fan of the anime and card game, but she didn't have a 3DS.

I love kids, even though my wife and I chose not to have any. I have a niece and nephew, but my brother is very restrictive, so the only Nintendo product I've ever been able to give them is my niece's Princess Peach Vans. I thought it was way too good of a coincidence to pass up in meeting my friend's Pokémon obsessed kid the same day as I came into an extra 3DS.

I checked with my friend yesterday, and he is going to let me give it to her. Now I'm just waiting to hear on whether she prefers Sun or Moon. I'm so excited for her, she is going to have so much fun. I'll drop it off with her dad on Saturday.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: April 12, 2017, 02:08:52 PM »
I thought it was way too good of a coincidence to pass up in meeting my friend's Pokémon obsessed kid the same day as I came into an extra 3DS.

I checked with my friend yesterday, and he is going to let me give it to her. Now I'm just waiting to hear on whether she prefers Sun or Moon. I'm so excited for her, she is going to have so much fun. I'll drop it off with her dad on Saturday.
You, sir, are a saint. Very nice.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: April 12, 2017, 05:34:20 PM »
Wow! That's really generous of you, man. I'm sure she'll be overjoyed.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: April 12, 2017, 05:55:57 PM »
I wish I was the daughter of someone's high school friend. ;)

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: April 12, 2017, 08:34:53 PM »
Thanks, but this is way more fun than I ever would have had with it. When I was a kid, there was no better feeling than when a grownup slipped me cash, or gave me a roll of quarters for video games. She's going with Sun.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2045 on: April 12, 2017, 09:02:21 PM »
Bought Yooka-Laylee last night, and I am enjoying it so far. Played it for about two hours and got eight trophies (stuff like getting my first Pagie, getting transformed for the first time, etc.). :)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2046 on: April 15, 2017, 03:24:54 AM »
I just downloaded Monster Hunter Generations so I need to get used to all the new additions Generations has from 4U.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: April 15, 2017, 04:31:26 AM »
The mail man hates me today.

http://imgur.com/gallery/GAiUs
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: April 15, 2017, 08:38:47 AM »

Do you have a Youtube show or something that goes through your collection like LGR? He does retro reviews and history on a massive collection of long Obsolute PCs. You could be his Nintendo counterpart.

You should have **** loads to talk about.

Oh, yeah, content:

From the Depth, a voxel vehicle building game. It has ships, hovercraft, planes, trains, automobiles and space ships, all fighting in the same space.

I haven't even touched the main mode yet as I am going through the paces in designing my own ship.

I have played 74 Hours and only have one viable ship that I would put into combat and even then I am not quite happy with it as I need to swap out the main armament extend the rear deck, reconfigure the defence systems, tune the thrusters.

I have a second hull I can use that is my first test bed but that vessel is half the size so would be classed as a corvette or Frigate compared to the destroyer I have which looks like the current American destroyers to some extent. I should empty the weapons and shift the bridge to move the missiles to a better spot.

Yeah, it doesn't end.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: April 15, 2017, 10:22:44 AM »
I just downloaded Monster Hunter Generations so I need to get used to all the new additions Generations has from 4U.

We should play soon then! I got Gen and stalled around HR3. I need hunting buddies to keep me going.

Says you bought two on accident, want to sell one to me?

And where did you find those challenge coins? Do they have any other Nintendo ones?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 10:26:26 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection