Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 764110 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1600 on: March 21, 2015, 08:41:08 AM »
Codename STEAM (digitally), about 15 PSN games thanks to the flash sale, and...

a Mega Man amiibo.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1601 on: March 21, 2015, 02:04:46 PM »
You got the new Fossil Fighters. :D

If that means I win, then I apologize for the Uncles part of UnclesBoobs. *nods* Can we still be friends?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: March 21, 2015, 05:54:53 PM »
... about 15 PSN games thanks to the flash sale, ...

Thanks for posting about this - totally would have missed the sale otherwise.

Purchased the following games during the Sony flash sale:
* Breath of Fire IV (PSOne Classics)
* Dead Head Fred (PSP)
* Nuclear Strike (PSOne Classics)
* Soviet Strike (PSOne Classics)
* Mega Man X4 (PSOne Classics)
* Mega Man X5 (PSOne Classics)

I've wanted Breath of Fire IV for a while, but never had enough incentive to actually buy at regular price. This set of six games was cheaper during the flash sale than the normal price for that one game would be.

Playing the four Strike/Mega Man X games will be a blast, while Dead Head Fred was just a random pick to get over the $5 mark. Seems like a pretty solid haul considering...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 05:56:24 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 21, 2015, 08:21:58 PM »
I didn't pay for it, but I switched out a platinum colored Gamecube controller for a spice colored one aty friend's store. Everything is coming up Milhouse.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: March 23, 2015, 02:46:43 PM »
Just bought a buncha games at <$1 each from the Playstation Store flash sale. Thank goodness you can buy any game right from the web version of the store or I would have missed it.
Um, when's Nintendo gonna get this feature? Predictions? Sometime this decade, maybe?
Oui, Mon Gars!

« Reply #1605 on: March 23, 2015, 03:36:41 PM »
Just bought a buncha games at <$1 each from the Playstation Store flash sale. Thank goodness you can buy any game right from the web version of the store or I would have missed it.
Um, when's Nintendo gonna get this feature? Predictions? Sometime this decade, maybe?

wow thanks for pointing it out, I just barely got in before I had to start getting ready for work. Picked up about 25 games from this.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 23, 2015, 03:43:20 PM »

Wait. So they just put up a bunch of games really cheap for a very brief moment?

Considering the flack Nintendo is getting over people not being able to buy limited editions of games or Amiibo because of how fast they sell out when stores open them up for pre-orders, I'm sure there would be even more complaining if people missed out on a flash sale. I would say 10 years before something like this might occur as they will be mobile gaming only then so that would be a great thing to do on that platform.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: March 23, 2015, 04:50:05 PM »
The PSN Flash Sale was basically on for the weekend and ended at around noon today. I knew about it but forgot about it until this morning, after I left my house and my PS3. Hence my relief that I could buy all the games I wanted through a web version of the PS Store. The deals were pretty great.

If Nintendo had a "finished" version of the e-shop through their website that let you buy whatever you wanted and have it download to your system, that'd be just swell. You can do that on Playstation Store. Right now, you can just buy a select few titles through the Nintendo website e-shop but at least you can set them to download remotely, so that's nice.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: March 23, 2015, 05:12:28 PM »
Didn't they say they were going to do that before the Wii U launched, and then it wasn't there until like a month ago, and even then just kind of half there?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: March 23, 2015, 05:42:51 PM »
System Shock 2: Like Bioshock, except less casual and less artistic. Whats not to love?

Deus Ex: Never got into Human Revolution, but I figure to give this a try since its supposed to be better. So far I'm kinda impressed with it. Kinda like a stealthy Perfect Dark.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 23, 2015, 06:52:54 PM »
Didn't they say they were going to do that before the Wii U launched, and then it wasn't there until like a month ago, and even then just kind of half there?
yup. spot on.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: March 29, 2015, 02:04:17 AM »
A friend got some discount bundle on Steam & gave me a trio of games he didn't want. Surgeon Simulator, Blaze Rush, & The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight. I have no idea why that last one lags when it graphically resembles a NES game like Shovel Knight.
Mission...complete?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 29, 2015, 08:21:14 AM »
Finally pulled the trigger on Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition. Although I like fighting games in general, Tekken has never really been a series I got into... but the absurdity it employs was too much to deny.

Walmart (Canada) has it for $15 which seems pretty reasonable if you can find a copy.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 30, 2015, 05:35:23 AM »
While on sale, I finally bought Valkyria Chronicles, the 2nd reason I got Steam. Really excited for it.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 30, 2015, 10:28:27 AM »
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds was on sale on steam this weekend. The background/foreground jumping reminds me of Fatal Fury 2...
Mission...complete?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 30, 2015, 11:38:17 AM »
While on sale, I finally bought Valkyria Chronicles, the 2nd reason I got Steam. Really excited for it.

Oh... sale price? Sign me up too. $7 for an amazing game (with all DLC included) is ok by me.

I'm still really glad SEGA ported this game over to PCs. It's such a great series, anyone who enjoys tactical action should really give it a shot!   Now if only part 3 would come out in the English...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:40:17 AM by ejamer »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: March 30, 2015, 11:42:25 AM »
Bought a few throwback games on eBay. NBA Courtside 2002 and NHL 2005, both for Gamecube.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1617 on: March 30, 2015, 05:10:52 PM »
Picked up my order of the physical version of Child of Light for the PlayStation Vita. It's a physical version for the Vita... in 2015... for a game that originally released almost a year ago digitally... Your guess is as good as mine, but I'm not complaining!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline brianblivesay

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Brian's Game Room
« Reply #1618 on: March 31, 2015, 09:34:18 PM »
Recently bought Destiny on PS4, Shadows Of Mordor, and I may purchase the remastered Dark Souls 2; also bought an Atelier game on Vita, Rorona I think.

Found Donkey Kong 64 at a thrift store a few weeks back.

Visit me at www.YouTube.com/brianblivesay
iOS Game Center: BrianB71
3DS Friend Code: 468285605798
Nintendo ID: Golgren
PSN: Golgren480
Twitter: livesay_brian
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BriansGameRoom?ref=hl

Offline GaziSalahuddin

• View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: April 06, 2015, 12:24:16 PM »
My latest gaming purchase are FIFA 2015, GTA San Andreas, Prince of Persia T2T. I am playing those games and they are nice and enjoyable.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: April 12, 2015, 01:56:55 PM »
Found a used copy of Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D + Prima Guide for $30 CAD.

Pretty happy with that, because I had recently been thinking of buying at full price to have the game during an upcoming flight. Not sure I care about the Prima guide... but am considering it a free bonus for now and might try to sell separately and recoup a few dollars later.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: April 13, 2015, 02:18:03 PM »
Legend of the Mystical Ninja from the eshop. Had the original back in high school but made the mistake of letting a friend borrow it before he & his family apparently moved back to Cambodia...
Mission...complete?

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: April 14, 2015, 02:42:04 AM »
I'm a sucker for art books, so I threw down the dough for the collector's edition of Rodea: The Sky Soldier. As someone who has been following that title since it's announcement waaaaaaaay back, I have my expectations for the title set very low, but I do expect it to be one of those Naka games that is fun to master.

Plus I get the Wii version and the Wii U's "upscaled 3DS" version all in one go.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: April 14, 2015, 08:27:43 AM »
I bought Wii Sports Club last week. It's out of stock everywhere and my friend only had one copy at his store. I paid the full $40 since it's $65 on Amazon. I suspect this is out of print.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: April 14, 2015, 08:50:33 AM »
I'm a sucker for art books, so I threw down the dough for the collector's edition of Rodea: The Sky Soldier. As someone who has been following that title since it's announcement waaaaaaaay back, I have my expectations for the title set very low, but I do expect it to be one of those Naka games that is fun to master.

Plus I get the Wii version and the Wii U's "upscaled 3DS" version all in one go.

I'm torn on Rodea. Really want the Wii game, but the price ($75) is steep even if that is for a 2-in-1 deal.
Hope you post impressions about the game!