Author Topic: Bands  (Read 35965 times)

Offline dmbfan755

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Bands
« on: May 08, 2003, 12:55:51 PM »
What is everybody's favorite bands to listen to? I just want to know because all I ever listen to is Dave Matthews Band, and I want an opinion on something new

If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 01:13:35 PM »
Personally, I like (in no particular order) Nirvana, Tool, Metallica, Black Sabbath, System of a Down, Megadeth, Slayer, Marilyn Manson, etc.

I also have a HUGE library of video game tunes too though.  I can provide a list of my favorite titles if you are into that.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Bands
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 01:25:24 PM »
I like a lot of stuff but my favourite band of all time is probably Led Zeppelin.  I don't think I've ever heard a bad Zeppelin song.  Their boxed set is essentially a four disc greatest hits.

Other artists I really like include U2, R.E.M., Bryan Adams, Nirvana, The Police, and The Doors.  My favourite acts are usually bands that have an original sound and have music that sounds real as if they actually enjoy what they're doing instead of just releasing songs based on market trends with money being the only objective.  A lot of stuff today is just so blatantly manufactured it makes me sick.  Of course this isn't a rule and there are some manufactured songs that I like.  There's tons of flash-in-the-pan pop songs from the 80s that I like.  It's mostly the current N*Sync crap I hate.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 01:59:22 PM »
My favorite band of all time is easily Pain. I'm sure none of you have heard of Pain, but anyone who's seen the Jabberjaw music video on Cartoon Network has heard their music. My second favorite band is easily At the Drive-In, which I owe my love of to 3_Masterpiece. My third favorite band is The Beatles, followed by The Ataris and Queen. My favorite song, however, is I Woke Up In A Car, by Something Corporate. That song is followed very closely by Pain's Full Speed Ahead.

1. Pain
2. At the Drive-In
3. The Beatles
4. The Ataris
5. Queen
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 02:02:00 PM »
Yeah, i guess i also listen to REM, OAR, Bela fleck, Phish, and other bands that write their own music. I mostly listn to acoustic guitar. that's my favorite. I don't listen to hevy metal, rock, or anything of the punk sort, like garage bands.
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 02:02:45 PM »
The Beatles!  Yes Mouse Clicker, I should hand over my Canadian citizenship or something for not mentioning The Beatles...  Everyone's favorite stoner band...

EDIT:  CCR, Dr. Hook, and Jefferson Airplane also deserve mention.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 02:08:31 PM »
CCR, billy Joel, elton john all diserve props also.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2003, 02:41:17 PM »
God you have to ask that question
Queens of the Stone Age, Less than jake, bright eyes, SOAD, Rage against the machine, beatles, hendrix, roy orbison, weezer, god thats enough for now...

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Bands
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2003, 03:27:49 PM »
Less Than Jake tops my list. New album May 20th!!!! I'm stoked, I ordered the collector's set that includes a making of DVD, trading cards, and a T-Shirt. Plus it's all autographed!

Everclear and Don't Look Down are pretty high on my list of favorite bands too. I just picked up Everclear's new CD "Slow Motion Daydream" yesterday and I'm really digging it.

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2003, 04:37:54 PM »
Rage against the machine, At the Drive-In, Mars Volta.

Like the hieroglyphics and dilated peoples also but they aren't rock

mouse_clicker: np man
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2003, 05:12:02 PM »
Tool, Metallica, NIN, Iron Maiden, David Bowie, RageATM, Billy Joel, Faith No More, Doors, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Beastie Boys, NWA, KoRn...among tons of others
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Bands
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2003, 03:32:38 AM »
in no particular order I enjoy: celtic frost, coroner, metallica, gwar, mr. bungle, no means no, the roots, nerd, dri, danzig, kreator, alice in chains, dead kennedys, meg lee chin, type o negative, and theatre of tragedy.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2003, 05:04:49 AM »
whoopeee all my favorite bands

and ofcourse i ripped these songs from cds/video games no illegalness here!

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2003, 10:57:05 AM »
I've listened to many of the bands that y'all have posted, and I still think Dave reigns supreme. You all should go out and buy some DMB CDs. I recommend buying Before These Crowded Streets or Live At Luther.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2003, 11:31:58 AM »
Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, System of a Down, Queen, Tool, Nirvana, Perfect Circle
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2003, 11:34:43 AM »
With a name like dmbfan could we expect something better?

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2003, 12:08:55 PM »
NO...

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2003, 12:20:01 AM »
i like classical music the best. and jack johnson is the shiznat. i like mostly punk bands....but more of the popish punk. a lot of the bands mentioned here are way too "hard core" for me. although system is pretty good i think.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline spine_399

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2003, 02:54:43 AM »
Less than Jake are great , I cant wait for some new stuff. Also  - good respect for the Beatles. I think my favorite band at the mo' is Save Ferris! Nothin' too heavy for me, Eagles, letters to cleo, and you've got to give it up for Michael Jackson. And I'm also proud to admit theres something about Avril that just does it for me.

"This week I 'av been mostly:" watching Red Dwarf and playing Sonic Advance 2

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2003, 09:02:28 AM »
I've listened to Dave Mathews and it was vomit inducing.  I cannot stand the music, the singing, or Dave himself for that matter.  It is only my opinion of course, so take it for what its worth.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2003, 12:31:13 PM »

Originally posted by: The Omen
I've listened to Dave Mathews and it was vomit inducing.  I cannot stand the music, the singing, or Dave himself for that matter.  It is only my opinion of course, so take it for what its worth.

I hear that.  

Offline Wesisapie

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2003, 02:18:42 PM »
At the moment i'm into:

Taking Back Sunday
The Beautiful Mistake
Homegrown
Brand New
Finch
Something Corporate

But of course there will always be Goldfinger, Reel Big Fish, Millencolin, Porkers, Area 7 etc.
Fin.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2003, 02:40:43 PM »
Vomit Inducing? I've listened to punk and hard core stuff like slayer and almost died. DAVE OWNS THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. That's all I have to say.  

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2003, 03:01:56 PM »
No, rich multinational organizations run by former monopolizing CEO's own the music industry.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2003, 03:55:13 PM »
ehehehhe they sure do manu they sure do

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2003, 03:58:35 PM »
OK, Manunited, i'm glad you think you're all cool and stuff, but DMB raked in more money last year than anyone else in the industry. Almost 2x as much as Eminem made. and since I've never heard of most of the bands posted so far, then I don't think they have made that much. Also, I do agree that it's not really dave that owns it but BAMA RAGS, who is Dave's supervisor/owner, who really owns the music industry. I think I've made my point that dave, having been around for over 12 years and who has played over 1200 shows, is ultimately way better than any other band in existence today. I think that ends the debate. I will be surprised to see another post in this thread, althogh it will probably happen.

Offline StrikerObi

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Bands
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2003, 04:01:30 PM »
I think it was cool how Dave fired his entire band and got a totally new one, and didn't bother to change the name at all. It was cool how the sound of the band completly changed and he let a lot of people down between the two albums.

And oh yeah, since when did making a lot of money make somebody a good artist?

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2003, 04:14:08 PM »
Real quick, what are you talking about? Dave formed his band in 1989, and only one person quit since then, who was never really part of the band. The original band members were dave, leRoi, and carter, and stefan, and then boyd joined before they were really known, so the band was always intact. they also usually have butch, who playes the keys, tour with them during the summer. He never fired his band. And I now the money really doesn't have anything to do with it, I was just reiterating that more people like dave than other bands I also dont think that 2 electric guitars, a bass, and drums count as a band. I think other instruments are needed. In dave's band, there is a saxophonist/flutist and a violinist, which makes them awesome. Also, they write there own lyrics, have 12 (14 after this summer!) CDs out, and have over 70 songs, all of which are amazing and are written by dave himself.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2003, 04:24:04 PM »
I think judging someone's character based on what kind of music they listen to is incredibly immature and, well, quite frankly STUPID. Jesus, guys- can't you just accept that other people like different music than you do and leave it at that? Just because someone doesn't particularly like your kind of music doesn't make them any worse than you and liking a particular band doesn't make you any better than anyone else. I may disagree with most of you on what bands are good, but I'm not gonig to insult you because of it. I really expected a lot more out of you guys, especially you, Striker, being a staff writer.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2003, 04:30:18 PM »
Sounds like a plan.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2003, 04:48:15 PM »
????

I say Sounds like a plan ALL the time. That's crazy, I thought I was the only one who did that. Good to know other people out there use superb phrases.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2003, 05:00:33 PM »
Yeah mouse clicker!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2003, 05:16:08 PM »

Originally posted by: dmbfan755
I also dont think that 2 electric guitars, a bass, and drums count as a band.

ahem... yay for opinions, but come on thats a bit daft isn't it, just because a band doesn't have alot of instruments doesn't make them any less good/talented, look at the beatles for example, completly changed music for the better but OH NO they only had 4 members/instruments for the majority of their songs. hell a duet is still a band.. blagh you love dave mathews band that doesn't make other bands any less good because they have less memebers/instruments

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2003, 06:07:03 PM »
We...uh...ended that discussion a long time ago PIAC. (See Above). So lets just get back to naming our favorite bands, not for ripping others    .:sorry guys:.     that's what I created this thread for!

Offline StrikerObi

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Bands
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2003, 06:40:35 PM »

Originally posted by: dmbfan755I also dont think that 2 electric guitars, a bass, and drums count as a band. I think other instruments are needed.

It seems you know as much about my band as I do about yours. Less Than Jake has one electric guitar, a bass, drums, a trombone, and a sax. They're a punk/ska band.

Aso, they write there own lyrics, have 12 (14 after this summer!) CDs out, and have over 70 songs, all of which are amazing and are written by dave himself.

Less Than Jake has over 50 releases total since the beginning of the band (proof). I probably couldn't count how many songs they've done, most of which are written by Vinnie the drummer (save for a bunch of covers done in their early years).

Offline StrikerObi

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Bands
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2003, 06:42:38 PM »

We...uh...ended that discussion a long time ago PIAC. (See Above). So lets just get back to naming our favorite bands, not for ripping others    .:sorry guys:.     that's what I created this thread for!

This is an internet forum. You don't just end discussions because you want to. It doesn't work like that.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2003, 07:12:32 PM »
First, it has to be locked, and then second lots of people have to be banned for it to work like that.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2003, 08:31:11 AM »
Yeah, well sometimes it's best for discussions to end even if there's no way to officially do so. Why are we still fighting over which band is better? It's pointless, exhaustive, immature, and really STUPID. It's like debating over whether PC's are better than Macs- you're not going to get anywhere! You should really be the one saying this, Striker.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2003, 11:51:11 AM »
THe only thing we all seem to agree on in this forum is that GC is better than xbox...

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2003, 03:56:44 PM »
Nah, I'm sure there's a few people here who think Xbox is teh r0x0r.

Gamers are seriously the most divided group I know of.  It often amazes me that we can all classify ourselves as gamers, yet most of us hate the majority of the others.  There's only like 2 things we can all agree on pretty much unanimously.  Everything else we are divided on, and just fight amongst ourselves.

1)  Anti-video game people suck.
2)  Video games are cool.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2003, 04:10:11 PM »
I think it's just the internet community in general that's so divided. You usually don't encounter a lot of people who are radically different than you aside from the internet, and on the internet it's so much easier to flame someone about it.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2003, 10:01:24 AM »
I like that... Go Dave!

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2003, 10:13:06 AM »
Anti-Flag
Tossers
Pogues
ThreeBelow
Offspring(older)
Nirvana
SoaD
American Nightmare
Presidents...
Catch 22(older)
Five Iron Frenzy
Mustard Plug

A few more.

Edit, after reading more of the thread I have more to say...I hate you all, your bands are teh suck, you are stupid and immature.  

Seriously...all in fun...  

Offline swimguy228

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2003, 10:35:12 AM »

OK, Manunited, i'm glad you think you're all cool and stuff, but DMB raked in more money last year than anyone else in the industry. Almost 2x as much as Eminem made. and since I've never heard of most of the bands posted so far, then I don't think they have made that much. Also, I do agree that it's not really dave that owns it but BAMA RAGS, who is Dave's supervisor/owner, who really owns the music industry. I think I've made my point that dave, having been around for over 12 years and who has played over 1200 shows, is ultimately way better than any other band in existence today. I think that ends the debate. I will be surprised to see another post in this thread, althogh it will probably happen.

I know this may be kicking a dead horse, but Dave acheived all of this by keeping the price of tickets for his concerts down around $50-$100. Many other bands, such as Aerosmith, charge $300 for tickets. Dave, just like GameCube, is more appealing in price. This leads to a more diverse group of people attending his concert rather than just hardcore fans. Therefore, more people are likely arttracted to his music.

Without DMB and there reasonable ticket prices, the music industry would have already reached the downfall that it is in danger of.

Dave is the man! (you better thank me for this one Weston)
I pitty da fool who bought da Xbox. ~ Mr. T

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2003, 11:14:58 AM »
You know, I go to more than 5 shows a month now, and frankly, I have seen many more local bands that do far better shows than dave. If price is such a concern to you, I will take my 8 dollar show with a good CD.

And to be frank musical talent has as much to do with good music as my ability to blow bubble gum. How many people would agree that eternal darkness was a good game? How many people agree that Grand Theft Auto is a better game? How many people justify 8 million copies difference?

Very few, which is why very few people believe money has anything to do with talent.

And as for Dave making a lot of money, thats chicken feed compared to what high ranking execs make. (which was the point I was making)

Bands
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2003, 01:55:30 PM »
I guess this follows in the same vein as manunited4eva's last post, but on average, a musician makes between 24-30 points for every album sold. so when u talk about a band like for instance, metallica, selling 10 million copies of the "black" album. multiply that number by 30 cents, then divide it by 4. then go ahead and take out 10 percent that goes to management/agents, and then another 30-40 percent for taxes. artists don't make a lot of money for selling albums. the real money comes from all the touring, something that DMB does constantly. anywho, I also recommend SOD (Stormtroopers Of Death) it's scott ian's side-project punk band, when he wasn't busy tearing sh!t up with anthrax.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2003, 02:00:05 PM »
yeah B you're amazing...

...all right good stuff.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2003, 04:08:19 PM »
$50-$100 is expensive for a conert- I saw Incubus and Hoobastank for $30, and Weezer, Sparta, and Dashboard Confessional for $27. My sister sees shows like Julianna Theory, Coheed and Cambria, and The Used for like $15. Even Ataris tickets are pretty cheap.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2003, 04:45:13 PM »
MOuse clicker were supposed to be on the same side.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2003, 05:35:48 PM »
I dont' recall taking sides, just saying that bashing someone because of the band they like is stupid. I do honestly think $50-$100 is pretty expensive, though. My mom wants to go to a Fleetwood Mac concert that would cost $220 a ticket (and Stevie Nicks won't even be there!). I think bands, no matter how big, shouldn't charge outrageous amounts for their concerts. They make enough money on album sales. Luckily most of the bands I like are pretty underground, so cheap tickets are all but insured.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2003, 10:24:15 PM »
omg thank you dethroned emperor, i used to have some Stormtroopers of Death stuff, they are cool

i vaugly remember a song about monkeys?

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2003, 12:47:45 AM »
$50-$100 is f**kload for a concert.

I say Skinny Puppy, Ministry, ohGr, Download, Joy Division, The Tear Garden, The Cure, New Order, Dead Voices On Air, Revolting Cocks, Cabaret Voltaire and Sonic Youth all are good listening.

Each to his own of course, however.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2003, 01:19:33 AM »
yay ugly dot owns, i like mustard plug also! been a bitch trying to track down their cd here :\
stupid australia

Offline The_Danaconda

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2003, 04:36:31 AM »
Heehee..I personally like DMB.  And I really don't care how much they make.  I know they make a helluvalot more than me.  Dave is one of the people I like to listen to when I'm humpin' or just chillin'.  I also like to listen to some Opeth, Fear Factory (older stuff mostly), Chili Peppers, Pitchshifter (I liked the Deviant CD), GWAR, Alice In Chains Santana, and my all-time favorite is Jimi Hendrix.  I like the way he does blues stuff.  I never really liked punk music...actually I think it sux.  I like some Misfits stuff though.  Just about everything else I've heard though sux.

-The Danaconda

Bands
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2003, 09:05:37 AM »
funny story about SOD, and how they ultimately broke up b/c one member was unhappy about the way another member was portrayed in a VH1 "Behind The Music" episode about anthrax. I'm thrilled somebody else on this board  listens to skinny puppy!!! hey deminisma, have u heard cevin key's other side project, music fur cats? ministry is awesome too, I saw them last wednesday in wash, dc. also, for the Danaconda, can u recommend any other opeth? I only have one song of theirs, a cover of celtic frost's "circle of the tyrants"  

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2003, 09:54:35 AM »
I know dave tickets are expensive, but i noticed you said other bands are cheaper, such as the ataris, but who wants to listen to them anyway? dave tickets were expensive at the last tour, because most of the venues hel under 5000 people, compared to the summer tour which usually hold about 20000 people. Anyway, Dave is awesome, And I like the way this forum is progressing. Keep it up.  

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2003, 11:01:38 AM »
Dethroned Emperor: cEvin has one other solo album "The Ghosts Of Each Room" already out and a new solo album "The Dragon Experience" coming July 7

Also, you know there is a new Skinny Puppy EP as well as an LP coming soon, right?  

Bands
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2003, 12:10:04 PM »
deminisma- the last thing I heard from skinny puppy was "back and forth vol. 5 & 6" I have most everything from their discography starting with "bites/remission" thru "the process" my favorite album  is "Vivisect VI" do either of the albums u are talking about contain new material? I saw ohGr about 2 or 3 years ago at a small club in dc, as they were promoting "welt".  u ever hear ogre's side project "ritalin" I think it was an album he did about 4 years ago, the only song I remember was a cover of the 1950's hit, "downtown" very odd to say the least! hey, anybody who wants to chat about music, video games, or whatever, feel free to hit me up on aim, my s/n is ncube2k1. it's cool to finally meet some ppl who share my similar taste in music, peace!

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:41 PM »
Not to rag on anyone's choices, but 50-100 dollars for a show is pretty damn high.  One of the best shows I ever went to was 2 dollars, and I had a great time with my friends.  The most I have ever spent would be 20somthing for The Warped tour, where I get to look around for smaller acts that I have never heard of.  Discovered Flogging Molly that way 2 or 3 years ago and have seen them 3 times since, always excellent performers.  While I don't realy care for DMB, I can appreciate the musical talent invovled in the creation of the music, and I can understand why there are so many followers, I am just not one of them.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2003, 04:42:07 PM »
Ya that is pretty damn high. And as for Dave being any better of a band, that is an opinion you would be hard pressed to get a lot of other people to agree with, particularly guys who take music fairly seriously.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2003, 04:50:31 PM »

Ya that is pretty damn high
But dave is pretty damn good.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2003, 05:06:07 PM »
Did you read the rest of the post or not?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2003, 05:26:17 PM »
Sheesh, some people can get quite serious about their music.
Right now I'm listening to:

- Ben Harper - Diamonds on the Inside (awesome chillout album)
- Placebo - Sleeping with Ghosts (very catchy tunes in this one, especially 'The Bitter End')
- Less than Jake - Hello Rockview (can't wait for Anthem either!)
- Grinspoon - New Detention (definitely different to the older stuff, but it's all good!)

I prefer rock, but I'm open to anything really. Except rap and pop. I can't stand those ones.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2003, 01:19:42 AM »
do i get points for never hearing dave mathews band?

i avoid listening to the radio at all costs, bad songs + 10 minutes of adds between songs + dumbass announcers = pain

i did like martin molloy though, i used to listen to their show all the time

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2003, 02:03:19 AM »
Emperor: These releases are brand new material, as the band has reformed. New SP tour comes to the States and Europe in Winter. Also ohGr's new album "Sunnypsyop" comes July 1(?), if you're interested. Ritalin's OK, but Welt is much better IMHO. Also, I think you mean Back And Forth 3&4, Back and Forth 5 was a recording of the Puppy reunion show at Doomsday, and Back and Forth 06Six is a limited edition release of rare tracks.

Some further reading, if you're interested...

http://www.subconsciousstudios.com
- The record label cEvin owns and releases on

http://www.litany.net
- Semi-official news and community site (rabid fanboy forum which i am a member of is here too )

http://www.skinnypuppy.com
- The soon to be launched official Skinny Puppy site

http://www.ohgr.org
- The official ohGr site, with samples from the new album

EDIT: Just noticed we seem to have a fellow ohGr fan on the PGC staff! http://www.planetgamecube.com/staff.cfm?action=display&id=80  

Bands
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2003, 07:57:41 AM »
thx for the awesome links. just read that ogre stopped in on the current ministry tour, too bad he didn't make it to the dc show. maybe you'll see me on the litany.net message boards  

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2003, 10:21:39 AM »
I don't listen to the radio either, for the same reasons + there is never any dave on the radio. I also can't stand rap or pop- the only thing on the radio.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2003, 11:01:07 AM »
Hey, shifty, I started listening to placebo recently.  I wasn't a fan of their sound when I first heard them, but I am liking it now.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2003, 11:20:56 AM »
One radio statio I listen to plays dave mathews band quite often, but for me it's give or take with his music, I don't like more than I do like.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2003, 11:45:27 AM »
"I know dave tickets are expensive, but i noticed you said other bands are cheaper, such as the ataris, but who wants to listen to them anyway?"

I'm going to assume what you MEANT to say was that The Ataris aren't as popular as DMB, which would most likely be correct. They still are pretty damn popular though, and their tickets aren't much at all. Speaking of The Ataris AND Warped Tour, I'll be going to see The Ataris at Warped Tour sometime in July, hopefully, when it's in Kansas.

Shifty: Didn't Placebo do Where is My Mind for Fight Club (great movie)? I love that song so much.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2003, 12:47:04 PM »
What radio station nitsujdark? is it local? I live in Michigan if that's where it comes from.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2003, 01:22:56 PM »
Oh yeah, I listen to Group X too. Johnny's editorial on them got me interested.

Bang Bang Bang

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2003, 01:44:43 PM »
Shiggity schwat? You guys like Group X, too? When did Johnny do an editorial on them? My sister got me into Group X- hilarious stuff. Nothing beats Arabian Rap.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2003, 02:20:50 PM »
Johnny's Editorial here ya go.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2003, 02:38:36 PM »

What radio station nitsujdark? is it local? I live in Michigan if that's where it comes from.

The station is 104.1, coming out of Wash, D.C metropolitan area.  I live in Southern Maryland.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2003, 03:54:17 PM »
StrikerObi: If you really like Less Than Jake, I seriously think you'd love Pain. They're a LOT like Less Than Jake, except, in my opinion, better (don't worry about that, though- I've never heard a band I like even one hundreth as much as Pain ). I really think you'd like them, though- all their songs are lighthearted romps through some pretty twisted and comical stories.

Offline shaun29388

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2003, 05:07:08 PM »
I'm probably in the minority here, but my favorite band of all time is Lifehouse.  I think they're awesome.  I know they're most well-known for Hanging by a Moment, but they have other kick@$$ songs too.  I was wondering if any of you had the new album Stanley Climbfall, if so, what songs do you like?  If not, then GO BUY IT!  
It's not that I enjoy bragging on myself.  It's just the one thing I'm good at.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2003, 02:18:52 AM »
yay GROUP X!!!!!
pewsh owf baesh!!!! www.geocities.com/clan_fanforced/piacsplaylist.html <--- youl see i have quite a few Group X mp3s, i saw the famous Mario Twins flash eons ago, forgot about it, then about a year and a bit ago we rediscovered it, and well the obsession started there

group x manerisms are part of my every day language... you baesh

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2003, 02:36:43 AM »
Group X was the inspiration for one of the greatest Flash animations ever, too! Yay! Go Mario Twins!

"Wow, that's good"

"SHUTUP, I GOT IT, YOU DON'T"

"Shatup"

"Got game"

"WHAT GAME?! I WANT TO PLAY IT!"

"It's called Mario Twins!"

=D

*Goes back to attempting to sign into MSN*

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2003, 03:32:57 AM »
shaun: Lifehouse is pretty cool. My sister bought one of their CD's a while back and proceeded to blast the entire thing over and over again for a few weeks, so I'm still a bit sick of their music, but they are a really good band.

Offline Praxius

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2003, 06:18:45 AM »
The Tea Party, TooL, NIN, Incubus, Disturbed, Neil young, Black Sabbath, Edwin and the Pressure, I Mother Earth, Ozzy Osbourne, and a bounch of other stuff.
*Exit The Prax*

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2003, 09:13:21 AM »
crass.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2003, 02:14:47 PM »
Man, I'm realy liking Reel Big Fish now, too- I'm really loving ska no despite Pain's lead singer, Dan, claiming to dislike the genre no matter how much their own music resembles it (he claims they're not ska).

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2003, 02:41:54 PM »
yeah ska is my favorite genre check out some older stuff by the specials / madness, both top top bands in my opinion

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2003, 03:46:39 PM »
If you like ska, you'll love Pain, seriously. Like I said, their lead singer, Dan, claims they aren't ska and that he doesn't even really like ska, but I find it's the best description for them if you had to use one- I mean, afterall, they do have several great trumpet players, an *excellent* saxaphone player (as is evident in their song Julie Said Futz), and a superb trombone player, on top of the guitar and bass and keyboard. I've said this before, but I seriously do not like any band even one hundredth as much as Pain, except for probabyl At the Drive-In. Great songs of theirs include Full Speed Ahead, Jabberjaw, Goggins, and The Comeback.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2003, 12:11:39 AM »
Reel Big Fish are over-rated, particularly with their most recent album. I got it, listened to it a bit, and haven't picked it up in over 6 months.
As for Pain, I am a huge LTJ fan, so they'd have to be pretty good to score big in my books. But i guess everyone's got to have their personal faves.
Speaking of trashing bands, here's an Aussie one - John Butler Trio. Ugh. Thoughts?

Offline StrikerObi

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Bands
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2003, 09:31:39 AM »
LTJ's new ablum "anthem." is out TODAY! I got mine in the mail. It's farking awesome. It's AT LEAST as good as Hello Rockview (my fav LTJ album), possibly better.

Offline cubefreak123

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2003, 08:37:57 AM »
I'm more into the heavy metal bands like mudavyne,Demon hunter, and livivng sacrafice.  But I enjoy linkin park and some classic rock like led zepplin.
A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying darn we really screwed up.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2003, 12:16:15 PM »
Striker: Of the stuff I've heard, Hello Rockview has the best songs (I absolutely love Nervous in the Alley and Last One Out of Liberty City). I saw the album at Best Buy, but I was already getting the Futurama DVD and couldn't afford it.

"As for Pain, I am a huge LTJ fan, so they'd have to be pretty good to score big in my books."

Lemme tell you something- before I heard Pain I ONLY listened to classical music. I mean that quite seriously. I was a Beatles fan but I only listened to their stuff when my parents put on their CD or something. When I heard the Jabberjaw music video on Cartoon Network, I was mesmerized. O_O I've branched out into many genres of music, but Pain is still by FAR my favorite band, with At the Drive-In being second (although they have a completely different style of music). You can read reviews of some of Pain's CDs on Amazon.com- you'll only find ringing endorsements, though. When you hear Pain you either love them or hate them- considering you a ska fan, I think you'll love them (I have a friend who's a big LTJ and Reel Big Fish fan and is almost as big a Pain fanatic as I am now).

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2003, 01:07:58 PM »
I love Hello Rockview, too. I might as well check out Anthem if you say it is that good.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2003, 02:49:10 PM »
I noticed that no one has posted anything about pop music. Is that just really bad (like most of us think) or has it just run it's course since the days of N*Sync and the B Boys? They don't really play alot of it on the radio anymore.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2003, 02:50:41 PM »
I don't like nor do I have any respect for pop, rap, and country- the worst 3 genres of music in my opinion.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2003, 04:25:33 PM »
Exactly: Pop artists get other people to write music for them, so i guess we can't call the artists. Rappers get some synthesized instruments going in the backgroung while they talk really fast so that no one can understand that they aren't saying anything worth listening to. and Country, well it's country...

Offline The_Danaconda

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2003, 01:17:16 AM »
Been listening to some Fintroll lately..heehee.  Most of the bands you're talking about suck...and they suck a lot.  I especially hate Punk Rawk.  It's super duper mega-man crap.  Truth is...if you truly like metal..you'll never hear it on the radio.  Everything on the radio is complete and utter crap...if someone turns on the radio while in the car I usually start having seizures from the bullshit that's assaulting my ears.  Sometimes I attack the person who turned it on (leading to 4 car pileups every now and then)...but if it's something TRULY horrible (mudvayne..creed..eminem..etc.) then I open the door and dive headfirst into the pavement..sometimes onto oncoming traffic.  Anyone who has the internet should NEVER have the excuse to listen to the radio..shame on you who do.  And anyone who thinks I'm wrong..well..they're idiots, and don't deserve to have children.  You should all be ashamed of yourselves..but don't worry..send me $30 and an apology and I might find it in my heart to forgive you of your musical sins.

-The Danaconda

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2003, 02:11:33 AM »
yay super duper mega flame bait
i enjoy my ecleptic (sp?) taste, i like something from almost every genre

Offline Chasefox

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2003, 11:57:41 AM »
Linkin Park, Evanescence, Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down, and one of my favorites, Tenacious D.
Wii #: 5265 0575 1339 3836<BR><BR>Guitar Hero #:  <BR>4553-8748-6319<BR><BR>PM me if you add my #

Offline One of a Kind

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2003, 04:26:30 PM »
I listen to all kinds of music, but my favorite bands are Metallica, Iron Maiden, Tea Party, Nickelback, Megadeth, Aerosmith, 3 Doors Down, and Gun's n' Roses(only the stuff with Slash,Duff, and Izzy)  
"The fear I See When I Look In Your Eyes. Makes You Believe I'm One of a Kind"

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2003, 10:57:56 AM »
don't be dissin rap

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2003, 12:15:46 PM »
Hahaha- I think I mentioned here I'd be going to Warped Tour in Wichita, KS (since I live in a suburb of Wichita) mainly to see The Ataris, but I just found out Less Than Jake, Poison the Well, and The Used will also be at that show. Very nice.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2003, 03:37:05 PM »
OMG the danaconda insulted me LET ME GO CRY RIGHT NOW! I get the feeling danaconda is guilty of setting his am/fm radio on fire ala CKY2k...

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2003, 03:39:27 PM »
OMG the danaconda insulted me LET ME GO CRY RIGHT NOW! I get the feeling danaconda is guilty of setting his am/fm radio on fire ala CKY2k...

Anyway I have been listening to a lot of techno lately, especially Clint Mansell. The stuff he did in Pi and Requiem for a dream is just friggin unbelievable.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2003, 05:41:00 PM »
just for kicks- anyone here seen the matrix 2? during the credits, paul oakenfold does some remixing of dave matthews's When the World Ends. I thought it was sweet.  Also, if anyone cares (not alot of dave fans here i guess) Dave matthews is releasing a solo album, titled Some Devil, which is to be released this fall.  

Offline TomServo

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2003, 06:29:28 AM »
Anybody else heard Kyuss?  Any Queens of the Stone Age fan should have, seeing as it was basically QOTSA with a different singer.   Also, I think Josh Homme is one of the best guitarists of our age. Anyway, here's my list:

Kyuss
Queens of the Stone Age
Tool
Radiohead
Yo La Tengo
The Black Keys
The White Stripes
WEEN!!!!
Robert Johnson(I know he's not a band, but he's still better than 90% of the crap released today)
Beck
Miles Davis(same as Robert Johnson)
Sigur Ros
Rye Coalition
Built to Spill
Wilco
The Walkmen
eels

That's sort of a long list, sorry, but I work in a CD store so I have access to lots of music.  

As for the concert price topic, I saw Weezer, Tencious D, and Jimmy Eat World at one venue for about $30-$40, and a few months ago I Queens of the Stone Age and Rye Coalition(they play old, Zeppelin-sounding rock) for only $17.  Great show.
Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2003, 04:56:47 PM »
Hell yes I have heard of Kyuss. Josh Homme and Nick Oliveri were both in Kyuss. (heh, Josh with dreds, and nick with long hair cracks me up)

Bands
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2003, 09:54:24 AM »
Ween absolutely rules!!! have u heard any of their side-projects like Moistboyz, Z-Rock Hawaii (collaboration with the Boredoms) or the jimmy wilson group?

Offline TomServo

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2003, 08:57:47 AM »
Yeah, I heard the Moistboyz.  It was cool for a while, but it sort of got on my nerves.  I heard that Micky Melchiondo (the "ugly" one, I can't remember if it's Dean or Gene) is going to be on the next Desert Sessions album.  I haven't heard any of the other ones.  Are they along the lines of the Moistboys, or are they more ecclectic(sp?) like Ween?
Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2003, 06:50:52 PM »
Clint Mansell! PWEI were great. Coincedentially listening to 'The Looks Or The Lifestyle' on 12" now.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2003, 07:04:26 PM »
I havent even heard of most (any) of the bands in this thread. No one likes Linkin Park? Eminem? Evanesense? Get with the times people

Bands
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2003, 07:39:07 PM »
unfortunately tom servo, I am unable to answer your question b/c I haven't heard any desert sessions material.
mario- everyone knows evanesence is just a top 40 version of theatre of tragedy, silly speaking of pop music, I do like that new single by the white stripes, salva...er, I mean seven nation army. it kinda reminds me of the beatles.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2003, 08:27:09 PM »
Yeah i like that White Stripes song too.

Theatre of tragety?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2003, 08:27:30 PM »
Mario - I've never heard of Theater of Tragedy either. Meh. Who cares? I love Fallen - awesome stuff.
And the new Linkin Park album isn't bad. Not the smash Hybrid Theory was, but a lot darker. I've heard a few songs off it, and am waiting to get it. Numb is stuck in my head at the moment.
And Eminem. The less I say, the better. But he's obviously doing something right if he's rolling in the money -  good marketing, hate maybe?
The White Stripes - my fave is still 'Fell in Love with A Girl' - go the Lego clip!

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2003, 08:42:08 AM »
Bonaroo NE was cancelled today! what the heck? not cool, since dave was gonna play there. THe reason wasn't released, just that it wasn't gonna happen. Did anyone else here about this!?

Offline Inuyasha

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2003, 02:54:55 PM »
I mostly listen to music from anime like 'Cowboy Bebop', 'InuYasha', and 'Tenchi Muyo!', but I listen to a little bit of Linkin Park. I also listen to P.O.D., especially their song on The Matrix Reloaded soundtrack, 'Sleeping Awake'.

Offline TomServo

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2003, 06:28:30 AM »
I just hope that twenty years from now, this generation of music isn't remembered for producing Linkin Park or Evanescence.

Or Creed.

Man, I hate Creed.

Anyone listened to Hail to the Thief yet?  Oh man, it's so amazing!!
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Offline Ace

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2003, 02:08:50 PM »
How could you guys forget a great band like Goldfinger.  I love their songs.  Seriously, any of the following songs are great to listen to anytime:

Superman
Spokesman
20 Cent Goodbye
99 Red Balloons
If Only
Pick a Fight
Wake Up
My Girlfriends Shower Sucks
I'll Still Feel The Same
Dad
Is She Really Going Out With Him?
San Simeon
Rio
King For a Day
Just Like Heaven
Wayne Gretzky
Counting The Days
My Head

Anyway, other good bands include: System of a Down, No Use For a Name, Disturbed, The Atari's, and Nirvana
You say fanboy like it's a bad thing

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2003, 08:48:47 PM »
Ah crap- I just found out that my Driver's Ed courses start the 23rd, the same day Warped Tour is in town. As luck would have it, I have class from 8 am to 10 am and I'm driving from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm, and, as I understand, Warped Tour starts in the morning. I won't mind as long as I don't miss The Ataris or Less Than Jake.

Anyway, anyone like Sunny Day Realstate or Jets Over Brazil? Both great bands, IMO.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2003, 06:49:29 AM »
Well, I missed most of The Ataris, but I still caught a couple songs. Less Than Jake, though, was the real star of the tour- I've never seen any band put on that much of a show. Everybody would talk the audience, they through out inflatable Anthem firecrackers and shirts and even shot off rolled up shirts in a cannon. The crowd was the rowdiest I saw at the show, but I've seen worse (at an Incubus concert).

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2003, 10:55:47 AM »
Drivers ed eh? that had to be LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOTTTTTTSSSSS of fun.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2003, 03:04:48 PM »
So fun I just HAD to miss 25 minutes of The Ataris to experience it. : |

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2003, 05:25:19 PM »
I listen to a wide variety of bands, so I'll only mention ones that have been mentioned here, and a few others.

White Stripes (awesome lego video)
Cowboy Bebop music
Beck
They Might Be Giants (best band ever, though not necessarily for the tunes)
Weezer
Poe
Misfits
Monty Python songs
Nirvana
System of a Down
Zelda
Metroid Prime
Jethro Tull
Aphex Twin
SSBM
Radiohead
Weird Al

There are also many bands that I've only heard one or two songs of that I've seen here, including Less Than Jake, At the Drive-In, and the Hives.

And who can forget Jaan Pehechaan Ho from the Ghost World soundtrack?
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2003, 09:53:22 AM »
I just listened to O.A.R.'s any time now live CD. it's awesome. Second favorite band now...

« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2003, 04:16:28 AM »
Dream Theater
Opeth
Rush
Metallica
Queensryche
Iron Maiden
King Crimson
Genesis
Yes
King's X
Symphony X
Pink Floyd

Many others...
I'm too metal to have a signature...

Offline Lecter

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2003, 03:53:40 PM »
Killswitch Engage
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Metallica
Pink Floyd
Motley Crue
Dream Theater
Twisted Sister

Thats the rock I mostly listen to, as for rap:

Warren G
2Pac
Nas
Biggie Smalls
Bone Thugs and Harmony
Black Rob
Snoop Dog
Dr. Dre
Currently Playing: Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, GTA 3, Animal Crossing.

Currently Reading: Hannibal, Dreamcatcher.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2003, 03:15:53 AM »
I don't know why, but I loathe Snoop Dog.  Every time I see him I want to run something sharp through his chest.  His face is evil
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Bands
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2003, 12:42:55 PM »
hey Johnny Wonderpants, I just recently got into Opeth. they did a cover of Celtic Frost's "Circle Of The Tyrants" I just picked up "Damnation" and I'll be seeing them on tour in DC on 7.21. the new album is definitely one of the best I've heard so far this year. right behind the new Type O Negative album "Life Is Killing Me" Type O rules!!!

Bands
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2003, 03:43:51 PM »
Top of my list would have to be Living sacrifice, next would be Metallica and alive in chains. and next is mortification or nirvana. Then any 70s and 80s rock/metal bands. Keep on rocking in the free world! theres too many others to name but you the picture. Bottem of my list would be the band that plays bring me to life or somthing, that song gets over played from where Im at. but what do you guys care, why would any one want to know what i listen to.
I need to pray about it

Offline Kraven

• One of the goofier Spider-Man villains
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2003, 07:36:12 PM »
Music really does suck nowadays.  Some bands are good like Linkin Park and Everclear but its all the same.  I cant stand any of this new "punk" stuff like Good Charlotte and stuff like that. You cannot be punk if you are mainstream.  I also cannot stand rap.  I wise person once told me "you cannot spell crap without rap."  We need a musical revolution, something like Nirvana or The Beatles.  You can also never go wrong with Weird Al.  Also about ticket prices, i saw Pearl Jam(awesome) in April for $35 and Everclear(excellent)/Authority Zero(very good) and The Exies (who sucked) for $20

Favorite Bands(not in any order but if u care Nirvana is my absolute favorite):
                       Everclear
                       Nirvana
                       Pearl Jam
                       Linkin Park
                       The White Stripes
                       The Rolling Stones
                       Led Zeppelin
                       The Beatles
                       Soundgarden
                       Audioslave
                       RHCP (older stuff)
                       Weird Al (not really a band)
                       Jimi Hendrix
                       Authority Zero

Bands
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2003, 12:50:07 AM »

Originally posted by: Dethroned Emperor
hey Johnny Wonderpants, I just recently got into Opeth. they did a cover of Celtic Frost's "Circle Of The Tyrants" I just picked up "Damnation" and I'll be seeing them on tour in DC on 7.21. the new album is definitely one of the best I've heard so far this year. right behind the new Type O Negative album "Life Is Killing Me" Type O rules!!!

Hey, Damnation is kick arse, definitely, but it's their worst IMO. My Arms, Your Hearse is my favourite.

@Kraven. All the same except Linkin Park and Everclear? Linkin Park are just another Nu Metal bands with little to no skill, and Everclear are the biggest Nirvana ripoff I've ever heard...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2003, 08:02:54 AM »
I must agree with Johnny there.  Linkin Park wants to make me. . . cut off my ears and bite out their tongues.  And then poke their eyes out just for good measure.

Offline Kraven

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2003, 09:04:47 AM »
@ Johnny, Everclear does not sound like Nirvana.  Have you ever listened to their cd's? And what is so bad about Linkin Park?  They are better than most of the crap out today i.e Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte and all those "punk" bands.  And Linkin Park does have skill.  They write all their own music, perform all their instruments, and write all the stuff in the background. What is the definition of "nu-metal"? Is it a band that combines metal and rap or something?  If it is what other bands besides Linkin Park are there? Limp Bizkit? They sold out years ago.    

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2003, 01:49:55 PM »
I hear rcok/rap all the time, but by who I don't know.  I don't mind the rest of your choices (I either like them or don't know what they sing), but I despise Linkin Park.  They're annoying (the people in the band), their music is somewhat less than average (at best, even if they do write it), and I'm just not particularly fond of that genre of music.

« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2003, 07:05:19 PM »
Well I'm only basing it on the Everclear singles that I've heard, so I guess you're one up there. But Nu Metal is where they tune down their guitars in a pathetic attempt to sound heavy, while still being radio friendly. They always play in drop D and play one finger power chords, they include a rapper and/or a DJ.

Linkin Park's singer is an idiot, his vocals are incredibly easy, but he's tearing out his vocal chords singing like that. For what purpose? In addition, the music is bland, repetitive, and you could train monkeys to play their songs. Hell I learnt one step closer on bass in like 10 minutes. Funny how it was just as easy to forget...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2003, 07:35:32 PM »
Heh, Linkin Park are not crap, whether you like them or not. They are a very successful band and they make great music. Your opinions aren't facts.

Bands
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2003, 11:33:18 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
Your opinions aren't facts.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2003, 12:06:23 AM »
linkin park smell he sounds like a little girl *listens to atomic kitten* OH YEAH I R TEH HARDCORE NOW ^_^

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2003, 03:14:25 AM »
One dude I know. . . his taste in music, urgh.  My friend was looking the guy's CD case and laughing, talking about how we needed to get this guy to like real music.  Among the CDs were Creed, Linkin Park, and POD.  There were others, too, but I don't remember.  We always make fun (good fun, not mean fun) of this guy for his music.

But you can like it if you want to.  Just definitely not my taste.  

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
RE:Bands
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2003, 04:41:23 AM »
I went to a bela fleck and the flecktones concert two days ago. Geez, they are the best. THey are sooooooo good talent wise. They play bluegrass/jazz. even if you say you don't like that kind of music, you will like the flecktones. My favorite songs are hoedown, sinister minister and stomping grounds

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2003, 07:35:27 AM »
My favorite bands are CKY, Muse, H.I.M., and Alkaline Trio. IMO pretty much anything that gets on TRL is pure crap. In particular: Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, P.O.D, Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Creed, Pink, and anyone from American Idol.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2003, 03:38:12 PM »
What can I do with my permiscuise daughter?

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2003, 04:11:55 PM »
Hahaha. That's one of Cky's best songs, even if it is kind of disturbing.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2003, 12:56:52 PM »
Who is everybody's favoritew guitar players. I know y'all think mine is dave, but i think the best player ever is Tim reynolds. He is just sooooo good. I don't know how he does it.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2003, 01:06:19 PM »
Blah, I have a lot of favorites

Zakk from Ozzie Osbourne
Tom Morello
Josh Homme
Jimi Hendrix
George Harrison

just way too many

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2003, 02:52:01 PM »
mark knopfler! i cant spell his name, but he is good

he also does the newcastle united theme song

Offline getupkids

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2003, 08:20:16 PM »
Get Up Kids
Denison Marrs
MxPx
Dashboard Confessional
Saves The Day
Juliana Theory
stop feeling content from other sites

Offline Oblivious

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2003, 04:53:21 AM »
I don't know any specific guitar players but these are some of my fav bands.

Weird Al Yankovic
Smashmouth
Good Charlotte
Audio Slave
Super Smash Brothers Melee (soundtrack)
U2
lotsa stuff from www.ocremix.org
and I like Dave Matthews Band too.

Does anyone here think of Smashmouth as "kiddie"?

Offline >X< Kitten >X<

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2003, 07:14:33 AM »
No I don't think Smashmouth is kiddie. I liked one of their songs, but I forget the name...

Anyway, here are my favorite bands/artists:

Christina Aguilera
Britney Spears
Avril Lavigne
t.A.T.u
Swollen Members
Sum 41
Robin Black and the Intergalactic Rock Stars
Bif Naked

Go ahead, flame me.
MSN- vicious_child_48@hotmail.com
Add at will pplz!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2003, 07:25:56 AM »
But wouldn't being flamed hurt just as much as being fired?  I've dreaded those two things since I burned my thumb on a stove.
Okay, if it's what you want, here goes..

*gets out flamethrower*

heh heh heh......

kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2003, 02:57:30 PM »
That's an itneresting selection there, kitten. The only one I'm fond of there is Sum 41, who're awesome.

Anyway, I'm listening to a collection right now on my computer including these artists:

Pain (far and away the best band ever)
Less than Jake (listening to Gainsville Rock City right now)
At the Drive-In
Sparta
Enya
Queen
Blink 182 (specifically Adam's Song- better than anything else from them IMO)
Smashmouth (Why Can't We Be Friends)
Propaghandi (Ska Sucks)
The Specials
Finch
The Reps
The Pixies (Where Is My Mind)
Something Corporate (I Woke up In A Car)
Gary Jules (Mad World, a Tears For Fears cover)

I'd have some Ataris in there, but I haven't gotten around to putting anything from my CD's on my computer. I should probably put some Beatles and Simon and Garfunkle in, too.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2003, 03:18:31 PM »
Wow, dashboard confessional. No offense to them but when I go to a concert I don't want to see a band play one song and then have everyone but the lead singer leave, and then have him play guitar and make emo songs sound worse than they are.

Oh well, weezer came on after, and all was well.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2003, 03:27:46 PM »
Hey, Dashboard's pretty cool (as well as Chris's previous band, Further Seems Forever). I saw Weezer, who's great, Dahsboard, and Sparta in concert. Unfortunatly, I didn't know who Sparta was at the time so I didn't enjoy them near as much as I could have.  

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2003, 08:56:28 PM »
chris caraba is the bain of my existance, my friend who i lived with for a while is a big emo fan, and im the complete opposite to him (like the odd couple! babumpanbabdaaa etc) seriously, most emo puts me strait to sleep. some of it i dont mind, but most blergh makes me go out into the tv room and beat his brother at smash bros (64 one, GCN wasn't out when i was living there)

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2003, 11:18:07 AM »
Does he drive a volvo too?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2003, 11:20:25 AM »
it's funny becuase "emo" is my initials.

"Eric Michael O'Brien"
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Kraven

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2003, 10:58:55 AM »
Wow uh bringing this topic back from the dead, but does anyone here listen to Silverchair?  I know you Aussies must have heard of them.  They're a pretty sweet band.  Also does anyone here like Temple of the Dog?  I know they were a one shot supergroup but the CD is fantastic.  Oh another thing didnt Sparta just recently tour with Pearl Jam? I think I saw them, they werent too impressive imo, but my judgement might have been a little messed up because I could not wait to see PJ.  Oh and for the guitarist thing, Keith Richards(The Rolling Stones), Jimi Hendrix (duh)  Stone Gossard and Michael McCready(Pearl Jam) and Kurt Cobain.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2003, 02:35:30 PM »
*hugs Kraven for being a good newbie and not starting another thread*

Anyway, I'm not a great fan of Silverchair for some reason or another. The old stuff was good, but their new stuff just doesn't do it for me like "Tomorrow" and "Freak" did.

New music I'm listening to at the moment:
Blink 182 - self-titled: I bought this because of "Feeling This" but the whole album is excellent, if a little weird. Anyway, it definitely feels like Blink, but with more mature and mellow lyrics. Get it!
The Living End - Modern ARTillery: I think this is just out in the US, so there's no excuse for not getting excited about these guys now, after so long out of it. Catchy riffs, great lyrics, an all-round great album. Get it too!

Offline Kraven

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2003, 03:28:55 PM »
hehe i love the first line in "Freak" "No more maybes, the babies got rabies" lol. I can definitely see what your saying Shifty, their older stuff was harder it seems.  There newer stuff seems more orchestrated i guess.  Its got violins, and all that fun stuff.  But some of that works well like songs like "Cemetary" which is one of my favorites.  
Is the new Blink album good?  I'm not really a fan, but i like their new song and some of their older stuff like "Adams Song" and "Stay Together for the Kids" Oh and thanks for the hug i needed that lol.  Its been a boring night.  Can't go anywhere, im snowed in basically.  

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2003, 04:05:40 PM »
Yeah, its well worth it. I've been playing it in my car since I got it. There's a couple of strange bits (interludes, reciting letters etc) but the music on there sounds different, but feels Blink-ish. I flicked through the booklet, and my favourite songs at the moment are "Feeling This", "I Miss You" (but I'm a fan of anything acoustic ) and "Go"

Offline Kraven

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2003, 04:47:00 PM »
Maybe I'll pick it up.  I need to expand my musical taste.  It feels very narrow right now.  Alot of Pearl Jam, alot of Nirvana, alot of Everclear, alot of Silverchair, a little of Linkin Park and some classic stuff like The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin. But not alot of diversity.  You know who I started listening to again is Michael Jackson.  Now dont laugh at me.  I bought Thriller like a month ago, Michael Jackson was a good artist but he lost the attention from the public he had and now is doing weird stuff to get back in the spotlight.  I almost feel sorry for him.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2003, 06:15:00 PM »
Mad World and the Pixies are awesome, but I'm not fond of Blink182 or Sum41.

Offline Murk280

• Fox in socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2003, 05:51:20 AM »
Mouseclicker, you've got a nice list there.

Nirvana
Beck
Cake
Radiohead
Yoko Kanno
Queen
Pink Floyd
David Bowie (The old type)
The Pixies
Aphex Twin
The Hives
Weezer
Beastie Boys
The Beatles
and almost all 80's music
"Time flys like the wind.
Fruit flys like bananas."
~Groucho Marx

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2003, 07:20:55 AM »
Nice list, murk.  Bowie's not my favorite, and I'm not quite as fond of 80s music as you are, but a good list overall.

Further Seems Forever is also a great band.  I saw that get mentioned.

Offline Ghost_of_a_Flea

• Master of Puppets
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 14, 2003, 04:55:18 AM »
Metallica
Danzig
Megadeth
Motorhead
Slayer
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Iced Earth (I shall miss Matt Barlow but welcome Ripper Owens)
Blind Guardian
Demons & Wizards
Opeth
Dream Theater
Nevermore
In Flames
Judas Priest
Corrosion of Conformity
Shadows Fall

Favorite guitar player has to be Yngwie Malmsteen.  
Sleep
Those Little Slices of Death
How I Loathe Them
- Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Cap

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 14, 2003, 12:16:25 PM »
after reading through this entire thread, i have to say one thing. thats that sales and popularity should never be used to determine the quality of music. i'm not saying that good music wont sell, but i see a lot of crap sell much more then it should. why? becouse its all anyone hears. turn on mtv at any time and you're guarenteed to see the same bands they've been playing for the past 4-12 months. unless of course one of the record companies payed to get a video played on trl. the radio is no different becouse they basically play what mtv makes popular. only my opinion, but there just isnt anywhere to hear different music and people can only buy what they hear.

as for bands i listen too, i'm glad to see that one person listed type o negative. a few others are KMFDM, NIN, ICP, kyuss, marilyn manson, esham, twiztid, ozzy, guns & roses, and corrosion of conformity. i have trouble finding anything new that i like, mostly becouse as i said above there is no where for me to hear the type of music i listen too.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2003, 01:45:54 PM »
I've noticed a lot of the members here are largely rock people. I'm very much into R&B (NOT Rap), things like Missy Elliot, Monica, Kelis, Destiny's Child etc. What I believe makes rock/rnb different to pop, is that in most cases, rock/rnb artists (co)write their own music instead.

Offline silverdonut

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2003, 02:28:49 PM »
I like simple plan and good charlotte. Punk is b-e-a-utiful.
WARNING! Never attempt to directly fax anyone an image of your naked buttocks. Always photocopy your buttocks and fax the photocopy.
-Warning label on a fax machine

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2003, 02:34:14 PM »
Pop punk, rather- Simple Plan and Good Charlotte are most definitely not straight punk.

Offline silverdonut

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2003, 02:52:52 PM »
Yes, I know that. I was just saying that I like punk.
WARNING! Never attempt to directly fax anyone an image of your naked buttocks. Always photocopy your buttocks and fax the photocopy.
-Warning label on a fax machine

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2003, 02:59:57 PM »
As do I, for the most part- Simple Plan and Good Charlotte aren't my favorite bands by far, but I do like most of their stuff.

Offline Kraven

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2003, 03:03:20 PM »
Ah I love the old pop-punk genre... not really, but isnt that an oxymoron?  You cannot be punk and mainstream(pop), i.e Good Charlotte and Simple Plan, why don't people get that?    

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2003, 03:04:55 PM »
It's just a term for lighter punk.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2003, 03:38:56 PM »
hahaha can't be punk and be mainstream, i'll just let blink 182, sum 41, good charlotte etc know.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2003, 04:19:39 PM »
of those bands you mentioned I have only listened to Sum 41 and Good Charlotte (which by the way are from my area, well at least the area where I work. )

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2003, 11:04:49 AM »
Hmm, well since the most standarized version of punk is against what is mainstream, ya he's right...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2003, 11:22:58 AM »
Guns & Roses is a good band, too.  Dat Sweet Child songs is among me favorites ever, and it gives me ideas for movies that I could potentially make in the future. . .

Offline Kraven

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2003, 11:49:43 AM »
Does any one have a definition of "punk" music?  What do you have to do to be "punk"?  I

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2003, 12:59:53 PM »
Punk is basically "Rock with attitude"...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2003, 02:07:04 PM »
Punk is "rock" (notice sarcasm quotes; sorry guys, but punk ain't my thing ) that isn't going to take any more BS from the world.  They are cool, they rule, and no one can stop them now.  Oh yeah.

**suicide bombs Blink182**

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2003, 03:20:29 PM »
If you guys like pop-punk, try and find some music from Bodyjar - probably the best Aussie punk-pop-punk guys around.

My definition of punk (without the pop) would be Green Day, and maybe the Clash for the older stuff.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2003, 03:33:38 PM »
While I'm thinking about punk, Ninty picked some very good choices for the 1080 soundtrack... to you NST...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Kasceis

• Larger than Life Living Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2003, 07:14:24 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
Punk is "rock" (notice sarcasm quotes; sorry guys, but punk ain't my thing ) that isn't going to take any more BS from the world.  They are cool, they rule, and no one can stop them now.  Oh yeah.

**suicide bombs Blink182**

Oh yeah, Blink182 is my favorite band of all time, and their new self-titled album is awesome and well done.  I've been a blink fan for 6 years now and don't really understand the hate they receive from some people(i.e. HC here), but to each his own I guess.  Their new album is more 'mature' you could say.  Other favorite bands:

-Sum41
-Good Charlotte
-All-American Rejects
-Fenix TX
-MXPX
-NOFX
-Simple Plan
-Boxcar Racer

Blink182 is my favorite though, and will be for as long as I can tell.  If you watch the videos or UC I and II, Mark and Tom are the two funniest people and can make things fun, and it shows in their music, and in my eyes, they are one of the best bands ever.
~\_-I am the-_/~
~\_-UnderRated-_/~
 ~\_-All Forgotton-_/~
  ~\_-Kids who made it-_/~

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2003, 05:21:58 PM »
You know what band I just realized I loved after watching a commercial for their greatest hits CD? The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Crazy.

Offline Kraven

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2003, 09:16:32 AM »
The  Red Hot Chili Peppers are sweet, but their old stuff is a ton of a lot better than their new stuff, imo.  
Has anyone heard of a band called Authority Zero? They are pretty good.  I saw them live with Everclear and the Exies(who sucked).  Authority Zero put on a good show.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2003, 10:09:46 AM »
Yeah, I too just realized how much I liked them recently.  Six of the songs on my playlist are by them, I think the most of all the bands I have on there now.  Really great band, I'm determined to buy one of their CDs soon, among others.

Offline BoboThePenguin

• Penguin gang ringleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2003, 10:24:48 AM »
My favorite bands/singer are The Flaming Lips, Barenaked Ladies, and Weird AL.... I'm strange.
_Bobo The Penguin

I defenestrated a clock to see if time really does fly!

Currently Playing: Mario and Luigi-Superstar Saga, Sword of Mana, 1080 Avalanche, Fire Emblem, CounterStrike(pc).
"If you are what you eat, you my freind are a cannibal!"-Bobo

Offline pcpltd

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2003, 10:25:38 AM »
Weird Al is awsome man! He's the coolest dude ever!
Christmas break is here at last!

Dashing through the snow on a pair of broken skis, Ore the cliffs we go.... smashing into trees.(Ow, Ow, Ow) The snow is turning red. I think I'm almost dead. I woke up in the hospital w/ stiches in my head.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2003, 10:43:10 AM »
Conincidentally, I was listening to Californication, a song about how things sell on image rather than quality, while I was writing my editorial.

Offline travi ice

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2003, 11:55:59 AM »
hi. I am new so what is this? thx

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2003, 01:12:18 PM »
Heh, that's cool, mouse clicker.  I'm going to listen to that song now