Author Topic: Dogz 2008/Imagine: Party Babyz - Awesome new exclusives from Ubisoft!  (Read 26690 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Ubisoft just recently announced that they only made 10% of their fiscal total from the Wii...You know why?  Because their games are ****, and these will not be any different...Period...

Ubisoft has also proved sort of ineffectual in their marketting efforts. Whereas Nintendo takes their casual games and seems very capable of getting the titles into the public's attention, Ubisoft utterly failed to give My Word Coach the exposure it needed, and that's a title that Nintendo themselves acknowledged as a very good casual-oriented effort.

Ubisoft is the most aggressive major publisher for the casual market, but they really need to iron out their operations and focus on quality and innovation or else companies that started later, but do push those tenets more, will pass them. See EA with Boom Blox and its concurrent campaign for attention from both gamers and nongamers.

Sorry to say it Ubisoft, but Wii games, casual or not, are serious business.

Edit: Just realized. A large part of the charm of Nintendogs was the voice recognition. Without an equivalent feature, the Dogz games may remain pale imitations.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 01:10:30 AM by Kairon »
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
10% isn't amazing, but you must consider it cost them a MINIMAL amount compared to their blockbuster projects.

Even if it's only 10%, somehow they seem eager to INCREASE production on these so-so titles.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Considering that Nintendogs alone has sold like, 16+ million copies all versions combined, I'd hope that Ubisoft could one day do better than 10%.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Don't set the bar so high.  They have to come up with Nintendo Quality first.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
My Word Coach was supposed to be Nintendo quality... umm... hmm.. for some reason I didn't buy it. OH WAIT IT COST $50!!!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Kairon's support for Ubisoft=Pro sexism. Yes it is true Mr. Far Cry.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Kairon's support for Ubisoft=Pro sexism. Yes it is true Mr. Far Cry.

To the contrary, I believe that I fight for first party, third party, all party equality.

Besides GP, I think it's YOU who are sexist for thinking that men can't be fashion designers, figure skaters, or teachers. They're FLIGHT ATTENDANTS, not STEWARDESSES. Shame on you GP.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 02:37:35 AM by Kairon »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
Dogz looks worse than the garbage Midas publishes (the crappiest games of the Simple 2000).

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Lesse.... Prince of Persia 1 and Beyond Good and Evil do best on the gamecube...

PS360 gets the next gen sequels...

The Wii gets DogFacedBabyz...

GO SCREW YOURSELF UBISOFT YOU AND YOUR NINTENDO LIKE QUALITY

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
So is Ubisoft the new Capcom?

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
I've spent the last hour going through Ubiday media.  My Secret World from Imagine has online voice chat.

Ubisoft better than Nintendo confirmed.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Well I'd like to take the moment to say I'll no longer be complaining about other third parties that aren't Ubisoft not giving the Wii more support, because compared to the complete and utter sh!t that Ubisoft is giving us, every single other third party is treating the Wii like a King.

Goddamn those screen shots make me want to throw up.  Midway put more effort into Cruis'n for f*cking sake.  When Midway of all companies is putting more effort into their Wii games, that shows you just how low Ubisoft has sunk.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
LOL wat?  other 3rd parties aren't treating us like kings.  Where's Konami, Capcom, Namco, Rockstar, Activision, Sega, Square Enix, as well as other.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Konami gave us two very good brand new original IPs with Elebits and Dewy, and nobody bought them.

Offline Kenology

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
What a disappointment.  PS360 getting installments of awesome franchises and we get PuppyDogzBabyfacez?  The only good thing Ubisoft has done for Wii owners was publish No More Heroes.
Wii Friend Code: 6761 9883 7072 2526 - PM me your Wii Friend code and I'll add you. 
BWii: 429 612 278 949
MOH:H2 EA Nation username: Kenology
Endless Ocean: 1667-3301-0310
SSBB: 2964-8266-3925 - profile name = Ken

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
I wasn't really trying to call you out mister Kairon, my comment was more on the level of these games are targeting the same audience that game targeted. I actually read your review of the game, and your points are all valid, but from my stand point, it isn't enough. Monkey Ball was a fun game, but I could not get past the "cuteness" factor at all. This looks like it will be the same, the games may be fun, but it wouldn't really be something I would sit down and play. (so I was kinda calling you a little kid  :P)

I am surprised people expected better from Ubisoft, if the argument is Wii is supposed to model itself after DS, and these are the types of games that sell well on DS, it only makes sense to Ubisofts logic that if Wii is the new DS, then make the same kinds of games that sell on DS on the Wii. It is Nintendos fault, not 3rd parties, especially when Wii Play consistently sells in the top ten games of the system.

"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
It is Nintendos fault, not 3rd parties, especially when Wii Play consistently sells in the top ten games of the system.

Um, no it isn't...It is up to the 3rd parties to use some common sense, particularly when more hardcore games like Super Mario Galaxy and SSBB are ALSO consistently selling...

And using Wii Play as an example is foolhardy in the first place considering it's a 10 dollar game...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
Galaxy hardcore? lol

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
Mario beat me to it, since when is MARIO games considered Hard core?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
Show me a casual gamer that has been able to get every star...

And stop ignoring the issue at hand...If you think Mario Galaxy is on the same level as Dogz or Party Babiez (and I'm not even talking on the quality level, either...) then you have problems...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 11:42:38 AM by Bill Aurion »

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
The same gamer who has unlocked everything in Wii Sports.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
And surprise!  Wii Sports is secretly a fairly hardcore game at its core too...Thanks for falling into the trap... :cool;

This is what Nintendo has excelled at that Ubisoft has been too dense to realize...You don't dump dumbed-down **** on the Wii and expect people to buy it...You take good, fun gameplay design and you formulate it in a way that casuals can understand, but the core hardcore base will still enjoy...This is how you make a successful game...

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
No, I agree Mario games do have a hard core goal to them, but the truth is to most people beating the game is the goal and that is not hard at all, sure gettign all the stars is, but not every gamer is going to do that.

It is the same with Mario Bros. or Mario World, you can zip right through the games and get to the end in under a half an hour to beat the game, even if you aren't the best at it you just need to know the shorcuts. but if you want to beat the entire game and unlock all the secrets, then you do have to be good at it.

The thing is Mario is and always has been universally accepted as a casual game, not casual in the sense like Wii Sports is, but casual in the sens that any one can  pick it up and play, it has always been that way before they came alogn with Sunshine and complicated things up.

On the subject of Wii Sports, and Wii Play for that matter, the game is as casual as it gets, but like Mario has goals and unlockables deep enough for the hard cores, yet simple and easy enough for the casuals to pick it up and enjoy also. (and Wii Sports is the best selling game by default not just cuz it is packed in but also because it *is* the cause of the craze in the first place)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
Did you just...repeat what I just said in a long-winded manner?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
Sorry Bill I agree with rat