Author Topic: Colors of War  (Read 16278 times)

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Colors of War
« on: March 22, 2008, 04:51:05 PM »
Anyone else played this game? Do you think it should come to the Wii? Or get a remake for Wiiware? I have a demo but have been trying to find the full version and nobody ever has it.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
Re: Colors of War
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 09:40:47 PM »
nobody? ???

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 01:24:34 AM »
At first, I thought you were making fun of "Gears of Wars" (considering we like to change the name of many games, like Disaster: Day of Vaporware).

Never heard of Colors of War, and the lack of replies tells me I ain't the only one.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 01:42:24 AM »
At first, I thought you were making fun of "Gears of Wars"...

LOLZ
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 02:08:35 AM »
Is that because it is practically the only color in the game?
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 10:53:30 AM »
So I am once again all alone in this world...

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 02:58:35 PM »
Is that because it is practically the only color in the game?

It was more a joke about everyone's opinions about modern "realistic" games nowadays, how they say everything is brown.  If I had to describe Gears itself with just one color, it would be:

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 02:58:32 AM »
What's sad is that this trend is slowly invading movies. 300 could have easily been passed as a modern 360 game thanks to all the brown, bloom and gold involved.

And don't even get me started on Sweeney Todd...Apparently, the only colors that exists in London are black and grey, with very small hints of red.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 01:23:34 PM »
Personally I enjoy "creative cinematography" in films.  My favorite example of this is Terminator 2.  The film is covered with deep blues and reds, kind of switching between the two throughout the movie and then merging at the end of the film.  When I saw T3, I realized how bland everything looked and how un-artistic it felt with the "natural" lighting throughout the film.  (Definitely not the only problem with T3, to be sure.)

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 07:22:26 PM »
Personally I enjoy "creative cinematography" in films.  My favorite example of this is Terminator 2.  The film is covered with deep blues and reds, kind of switching between the two throughout the movie and then merging at the end of the film.  When I saw T3, I realized how bland everything looked and how un-artistic it felt with the "natural" lighting throughout the film.  (Definitely not the only problem with T3, to be sure.)

I agree that when done right it adds a lot of atmosphere and life to a movie, but what I mean is that nowadays everything is done with computers and green screens, sometimes making the backdrops fake and plastic looking.

But I will not dive deeper into this as we are derailing the thread in the worst way possible.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 07:27:08 PM »
I think the only on-topic post in this thread has been the OP.   :P

Sorry Rat!   :-[

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 08:54:07 PM »
I am not surprised nobody knows about this game, it was included with a bunch of other games on a stupid windows disc, but it really is a fun game and would rock on the Wii.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 09:33:59 PM »
I am not surprised nobody knows about this game, it was included with a bunch of other games on a stupid windows disc, but it really is a fun game and would rock on the Wii.

Not the same disc that had Project Journeyman Turbo and the Spider Man movie-creator is it?  I played the **** out of those two games when I was but a wee child.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 12:09:36 AM »
No it was one of those compilations of like a hundred or more windows games that most barely qualify as games, you know the stuff they keep shoveling onto Wii. There were like four or five pretty decent games on the disc.

Not the same disc that had Project Journeyman Turbo and the Spider Man movie-creator is it?  I played the **** out of those two games when I was but a wee child.

I do have Spider-Man Cartoon Maker though, it is kinda lame but I still use it from time to time to make Spidey Cartoons for my nephew.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 04:04:37 AM »
I don't think I could ever grow tired of the Spider-Man cartoon maker.  I had such a blast with that thing growing up.  Even though it only had like... ten backgrounds or something on it.  Hell, I would just load up a background and make Venom websling back and forth.  I was easily entertained back then I suppose.   :-\

I also had a very strange memory associated with Project Journeyman.  There is one part of the game where you watch a video of somebody (scientists I assume) manipulating things inside a Rats brain or something.  Anyway it's all from a "surgical camera" point of view, and I remember the sound of them moving the tissues inside around was the most interesting noise I've ever heard in my life.  For some reason it absolutely entrances me.  I wish I could get my hands on a copy of the game today, if nothing else just for that one sequence.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 01:22:03 PM »
You can actually load your own backgrounds and sounds into the Spider-Man Cartoon Maker but you have to be computer savvy to do it right. It takes forever and a day to make decent quality cartoons. I am working on an animated version of Spider Man 3 for my nephew, where Spidey NEVER takes his mask off when in costume, and it is taking forever but when it is done I will try and export it into a normal movie file type and maybe share it with some people. It's not a bad little program if you have the right tools to accompany it, which I happen to have.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 02:04:47 PM »
You should totally post it when you're done.  If for nothing else but for me to see the cartoon maker in action again.   :)

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 04:41:17 PM »
It's not gonna be for a long time cuz I am being a perfectionist with this because of how disappointing the film was.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 04:46:50 PM »
What's sad is that this trend is slowly invading movies. 300 could have easily been passed as a modern 360 game thanks to all the brown, bloom and gold involved.

And don't even get me started on Sweeney Todd...Apparently, the only colors that exists in London are black and grey, with very small hints of red.

FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 11:19:02 PM »
I hear some emos embrace purple now.  I mean seeing as they are Dark Princes and purple is the ancient color of royalty.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 05:08:49 PM »
So I did some more digging and still unable to get a copy of the full version of this game. I am not sure if the company who made it is even still around. The demo, which is all I have, said something about online multiplayer but I guess I will never get to experience that. Also it turns out I am the only person in the world that knows this game exists so maybe I just dreamed it up or something?

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 05:10:23 PM »
http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/details.aspx?itemid=3394785

?

Colors of War includes all of these features and more: 8 Built In Levels! Single and Multi-Player Mode! Money Bar to Indicate Available Funds! Use Mines, Bombs, Poppers, Quakes and More to Help Conquer Your Color! Password Unlocking System Allows You to Begin Where You Last Played!

LO to the L.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 05:18:13 PM »
Also it turns out I am the only person in the world that knows this game exists so maybe I just dreamed it up or something?

For the longest time I thought I completely imagined a movie called The Peanut Butter Solution.  Years later I brought it up with my sister and she thought the same thing--that she dreamed it.  Everyone we ever talked to about the movie had no idea what we were talking about.  Of course, it didn't help that we couldn't really describe the movie that well. (well, ... I think there were ghosts and a bald kid who rubbed peanut butter on his head and grew a bunch of hair.  I think he played soccer, too, but I may be confusing that with Ladybugs ....)

Last year I asked the question on the IMDb message board and within minutes several people replied back with the answer.  I went to the forums for the movie, and there are literally hundreds of people who were in the same boat as I was.  They vaguely remembered the movie, it scarred them horribly, but no one around them had any idea what they were talking about.  It was a therapeutic experience.

I bought a bootleg on eBay and watched it with my sister.  It was absolutely horrible, but completely freaky and I can see how it could completely **** a kid up.

/derailed
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline shammack

• "This space intentionally left blank."
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 05:43:18 PM »
That's bizarre; my ex-girlfriend had the same situation with that movie and I had no idea what she was talking about.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 10:28:09 PM »
well I would have never thought to goto a MS website.