Author Topic: My 1st handheld since the GB Color...  (Read 3271 times)

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
My 1st handheld since the GB Color...
« on: March 25, 2003, 07:58:57 PM »
Today I found some GBA SP in at toys R us, they got their second shipment already but only had the cobalt. I originally was going to get a platinum but  said oh well and got the cobalt.

Now I gotta say I have played a regular GBA before and it did nothing for me.  The lighting  was horrid the screen was dark and  games like metroid lost everything. So I never got one. Today I picked up , The GBA SP, A link cable to my game cube, Metroid fusion, and Advance wars.

It  has been a fun day playing , linking the GBA SP up to the cube with Zelda was a blast, my son and I  could play together making the game even more memorable for the both of us then it was already.

Tonight I  had some time to play  some fusion and then even more of the advance wars.

While playing fusion I turned the light off and  remembered exactly why I had never bought a GBA before now. IT SUCKS!  My plan was to buy this and my 5 year old son a used GBA, but  there is just no way I can make him play  in that kind of eye strain, that would be just cruel after seeing the actual difference 1st hand.   So I plan to now give the  cobalt one to him when  I get the platinum myself.  This thing is tiny, I am shocked at how small it really is. Especially folded up.

All I can say is   if you    don't have one, spend the cash, throw your old game boy in the trash, sell it , do something, let your eyes live again. Now I  can only imagine what new life the GBP will bring to these games!!

Offline David G

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 03:27:42 AM »
I havent had a handheld sine the original Gameboy.  The SP is a whole new system.   I played my friends GBA, but thought it sucked because of the screen.   Now my girlfriend and I are stuck on the SP, and I gotta buy her one cause she hogs mine all the time.

Offline Michael_82

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2003, 05:40:04 AM »
I gotta shell out the cash for one of those bad boys.

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2003, 10:30:23 PM »
I am  loving it, I have been playing advance wars almost more then Zelda .
I can not believe how muchI  hated it two days ago and now the SP has me loving it.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2003, 11:06:56 PM »
yes yes, tomorrow i get my SP, after 5 hours at work, i get to go home, lay in my darkened room (got no windows ) and play to my hearts content oh glorious day (except my damn friend got his today, this was the one thing iw as going to beat him in but nooooo =\)

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2003, 11:17:11 PM »
My girlfriend is getting it for me for our 2 year anni.  NICEEEE.  I know what you mean about the screen, i have a gba and it is torcher, all i can think of is that beautiful light button.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline David G

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2003, 03:32:44 PM »
Lucky you, I get to buy my Girlfriend one instead...

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2003, 04:00:06 PM »
Hedh, yeah my gf is sooo jealous over my sp, I like to tease her, but that leads to her... well you know. So I gotta be nice so she'll be nice back. ~_^
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2003, 07:17:07 AM »
yeah gotta be nice or she might cut ya off. Lol

I wish my girl would play games. I'd be wasting 100 bones if I bought her one.