Author Topic: Developers Concern Over EU 360 Sales  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
Developers Concern Over EU 360 Sales
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:46:34 PM »
"Amidst discussions of the rumoured price drop from Sony in the 1up studio, developers reveal that 360 software sales in Europe, outside the UK, are "tanking" to the extreme point that publishers and developers are considering to not even release games in Europe outside the UK..."
-source

I always figured that the 360 was doing pretty well in Europe as a whole... although it's hard to find confirmable sales figures for the countries outside of the UK in the region.

The source, though, is 1Up, and I'm not too well versed in their track record.  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE: Developers Concern Over EU 360 Sales
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »
Strange, 1up is supposed to report anti-Nintendo news, not anti-MS news.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 03:38:33 PM »
Something like this I don't think they would make up.  Some little birdie must of tipped them in.  With all the regulation that EU has tade wise you would think there be better numbers out there in a public forum.  Though I'm at least a little surprised by this.  I too thought the 360 did well in Europe.  Though if they want to go that root and cut of what might be a rotting arm it may be for the best.  I know I hate it even if I didn't own a 360...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 03:47:09 PM »
So how many "publishers" and "developers" had to have said this before they can all be lumped up into one generic all encompassing statement that speaks for them all?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Developers Concern Over EU 360 Sales
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 03:48:03 PM »
Well, the XBox 360 did have a year's head sdtart in Europe, but VGChartz has been guesstimating around 30,000 consoles sold there weekly for a long while now (of course, recent numbers DO show a Halo 3 bump). Until just recently, the PS3 has actually been outselling the XBox 360 there by a slim margin, again according to VG Chartz guesstimations. It seems like the strength of the playstation brand and the weakness of the Microsoft brand there is an added impediment to the XBox 360 catching on beyond a certain crowd.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 12:06:51 AM »
In other news, a local Gamestop has moved the Wii back into the prime position (it was there after its launch until the PS3 came out, then the PS3 and PSP took that spot). The PS3 section was reduced to the brink of nonexistence, only a quarter of a shelf for new games, everything else for used.