Author Topic: Remakes  (Read 6745 times)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Remakes
« on: March 19, 2003, 10:35:01 AM »
Dedicating this topic to suggestions on great games on recent systems that should be ported or remade on the GBA. I'll start off with a few I think would be great- Metroid 1, 2 and Super Metroid. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 from the NES. Punch Out from the NES or a New Punch Out. Super Mario Bros 3 with the original on the same cartridge. Paperboy!!! from the NES or the SNES version if there ever was one ( I never had SNES)  NINJA GAIDEN!!!!!! That would be so great.... that was one of my favorite NES games, they have to do it!!! All 3 of them too. Well I don't want to list all the games I think should be ported so I'll leave the rest to you guys.
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 05:11:17 PM »
ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA

I realize we have already gotten ALttP ported over but The Legend of Zelda and The Adventures of Link really need to be ported and it would definitely be good if they receive graphical and sound updates. It would really be nice if they would port both of the original games as well as having the updated versions all on the same cart.

I definitely agree that the Metroid series needs the port and update treatment as well. Actually Super Metroid could just be ported over like ALttP was but the first two definitely need an updating as well as ports of the original games.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2003, 08:15:26 AM »
personally i would prefer nintendo to commit time to makeing new games (ala metroid fusion) rather than releaseing older games

Offline Kulock

• View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 06:55:52 AM »
Actually there was an attempt to port/remake Legend of Zelda back for the Game Boy Color, but they had issues with the screen size.

Offline FF2K

• View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2003, 04:41:05 PM »
All I want is Bubble Bobble
King of Jibba Jabba

Offline K-Man

• View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2003, 05:10:37 PM »
I would like to see all 3 Shinobi games and not just the 2nd. All 3 were great., but I didn't like the dog in the 1st. What Ninja has a dog follow them?

Shadow Of The Beast and Kid Chameleon.

Kid Chameleon was great. There was about 10 different masks you could get and they all had a different power, actually a remake for all the next-gen concoles would be great.
Australia -4- Life

i know who you are...
...the leader of my soul...
...you can't kill me...
...im immortal!!!

Offline Sir Pinch-a-Loaf

• View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2003, 05:27:19 PM »
Kid Chameleon was great...hard as hell if I remember correctly.  That would be a good one for GBA.
What, you thought you wasn't gonna see me?  I'm the Osiris of this s**t.

Offline SilverBack1138

• View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2003, 06:41:26 PM »
Guys, the remakes that I would like to see would be Final Fantasy 3 from the SNES or 6 as it was known in Japan and I would also like Chrono Trigger!!  In fact, every Square SNES game.  More Shmups too!!!  The 16 bit ear was cool and maybe we can even see some Genesis games on the GBA.
Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2003, 05:03:09 AM »

Originally posted by: PIAC
personally i would prefer nintendo to commit time to makeing new games (ala metroid fusion) rather than releaseing older games
Hear!  Hear!  I don't want to rebuy games I already played 15-20 years ago.  Younger gamers can go play the ROM or buy a used Nintendo if they want to play the old stuff.  Anyway, GIve Me The New Stuff!

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2003, 08:09:30 AM »

Originally posted by: theaveng
Hear!  Hear!  I don't want to rebuy games I already played 15-20 years ago.  Younger gamers can go play the ROM or buy a used Nintendo if they want to play the old stuff.  Anyway, GIve Me The New Stuff!
If you don't want to buy it you don't have to. God, this crap of "I don't want to buy it" is so stupid and old. Just don't buy it then. No one is putting a gun to your head. Also it isn't only younger gamers that want to see ports/remakes. I played Metroid and Zelda when they first came out and I still think they need and deserve to receive ports/updates. Roms aren't as good as the real thing and finding used games as well as the console isn't that easy. It's even harder to find used POPULAR games.

Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2003, 08:17:54 AM »
if nintendo are to keep making remakes of classic games then atleast make new ones at the same time, i dont want to miss out on any future classics  

Offline JoeFalco

• View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2003, 12:43:21 PM »

Originally posted by: PIAC

I can agree with that but it's important to share the love of the old games with the next generation.  Games that I wanted to play but I could not find them anywhere is a hassle.  An example for me would be a few years ago, I rented from Blockbuster Breath of Fire 2 for the SNES (A wonderful RPG by the way).  After I returned it, I realized that I wanted that game for myself.  When Blockbuster held a sale to get rid of some of its movies and games, I could not find the game anywhere.  It was already sold.  Other game stores did not have them.  Once Breath of Fire 2 was re-released for the GBA, I bought it right away.  Making remakes is a way to pass on the qualities that older games possessed (such as more emphasis on gameplay than flashy graphics) for others to experience and enjoy.  I enjoyed Metroid Fusion and I hope Nintendo and Retro Studios make more Metroid games for both the Cube and the GBA in the future but to enjoy the orginial Metroid that started it all will make you realize how far one great game has come.
The sun never sets...on those who ride into it.  We just gotta keep going!

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2003, 04:43:56 PM »
i really want Chrono Trigger.  i've never had a SNES and i beg Square to release this game on the GBA.  i beg you!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2003, 09:21:28 PM »
hooray for me contradicting my self, but yes!! i want chronotrigger too!!
but like, in my opinion, nintendo should devote 70% of their time to new GBA games (especially RPG's) and like the other 30% to remaking old games, that way its win win, newer gamers get great games from every angle, and older gamers get to play new and exciting games as well as the games they grew up loving. im LOVING golden sun, i want more games of this caliber.

also i think the GBA is the perfect RPG machine ^_^

Offline David G

• View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2003, 03:10:09 AM »
They definately should remake some old classics.  If you dont want the game then don't buy, plain and simple.   I miss my old Gameboy and NES games, like Metroid and Zelda.   My mother gave them away to kids that wanted it.  Now years later i realize that i want those games but can never find them.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2003, 10:49:07 AM »
Metroid 2 was on GB... So porting that is really useless.   I found the Zelda port for GBC to be excellent.   Gunstar Heros would be a great game to see ported to the GBA, or maybe even a sequal.

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2003, 03:33:25 AM »
Super Nintendo's FF2 and Chrono Trigger are available on the PSone.  $50 for the console, $50 for the game.  Ditto FF 3.  Ditto FF 1.  (using U.S. numbers)

Originally posted by: Gibdo Master

Originally posted by: theavengHear!  Hear!  I don't want to rebuy games I already played 15-20 years ago.  Younger gamers can go play the ROM or buy a used Nintendo if they want to play the old stuff.  Anyway, GIve Me The New Stuff!
If you don't want to buy it you don't have to. ... Roms aren't as good as the real thing and finding used games as well as the console isn't that easy. It's even harder to find used POPULAR games.
You're right.  ROMs are not like the real thing.  They're better.  A crystal clear picture on a VGA monitor is better than either (1) the blurred composite picture of the Super Nintendo or (2) the tiny screen of a GBA making you squint.  Plus, my ROMs are in surround sound... no GBA can do that.

But Never Mind That Because That's Not The Issue.  My comment is 100% valid.  When Nintendo wastes resources porting old games, it takes away from their ability to produce brand-new games.  Look how *few* new games Nintendo has made for the GBA.  That's because they're programmers are tied up working on old stuff.  I was thrilled to see Metroid Fusion come out.  At last, something NEW to play!

HERE'S WHAT NINTENDO SHOULD DO: Create something like the "Activision Anthology" for GameCube.  On one disc they can include a few hundred Original Nintendo and Super Nintendo games running on an emulator... similar to what they did with Zelda: Ocarina of Time.  That way younger/older gamers can play the classics on a full-screen TV as originally intended, and it won't require a lot of re-programming as GBA does.  HERE'S WHY THEY WON'T: The marketing majors at Nintendo figure that people won't buy new games if they are busy playing the old stuff.  Sad.  :-(

Troy (Sidles out of the room)  

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
Remakes
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2003, 09:27:39 AM »

Originally posted by: theaveng
... Plus, my ROMs are in surround sound... no GBA can do that.

Troy (Sidles out of the room)

Actually my gba can be played in surround sound. You take a wire that has one end as a head phone jack and then it converts it into left/right audio cables (red and white cables) and then you hook it up to your surround sound. I did that a few weeks ago. It was pretty funny playing a link to the past in surround sound.

Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)