Author Topic: The Red Star and Odin Sphere  (Read 12668 times)

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE: The Red Star and Odin Sphere
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 07:32:36 AM »
I'm not all that interested in GrimGrimoire.  I prefer my strategy games like the Disgaea/Fire Emblem type.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2007, 07:47:13 AM »
I prefer my strategy in realtime but it seems that's just me.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2007, 07:51:43 AM »
I be more interested in that game if it was on the Wii.  From watching the videos of Bloodworth playing it it looked like it would benefit from the pointer interface.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2007, 08:42:21 AM »
Okay so I caved in and pre-ordered Odin Sphere on Ebay today for 35 bucks (plus shipping).
Hopefully it'll be good.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE:The Red Star and Odin Sphere
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 09:04:22 AM »
Yes, it's the same Red Star that Acclaim was publishing.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2007, 02:22:15 AM »
Red Star is kind of fun. and a good deal since I payed like $15 for it. I'm getting odin sphere simply because it's the prettiest game I've ever seen.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2007, 05:22:03 PM »

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2007, 06:46:26 AM »
My copy of OS should ship soon!!
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2007, 10:44:35 AM »
Mine too, it's taking foooreeeeever though but it should ship soon.

Another review, from IGN: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/791/791756p1.html (8.8/10)

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2007, 03:03:29 PM »
I just started up odin sphere and it's a truckload and a half of fun. in case you're wondering it's a scourge tanker. which is more than an ultra magnus truck, but not quite an omega prime truck. still it's crazy fantastic

Offline Magik

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2007, 07:10:51 AM »
Odin Sphere = Most beautiful 2D game EVER!

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 08:47:10 AM »
Heck yeah!! My copy of Odin Sphere was shipped today!
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2007, 09:05:59 AM »
Odin Sphere looks like teh sexiness. Game Crazy didn't get Odin Sphere and by the time I heard of the game, it was too late to preorder. Damn... damn, damn, damn....

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2007, 11:58:57 AM »
No luck for me.  I wish stores would carry more then just preorders for games like this instead of having a billion of the next big advertised game.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2007, 11:03:22 PM »
I found some copies of Odin Sphere at Walmart ($40). I don't think anyone knows they're there. I'll check if its available for rent at work. If not, I think the price is pretty reasonable. I don't want to depend on scouring used game shops. No sir.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2007, 06:40:23 AM »
Still undecided... It's probably not coming out here so I'd have to import but I can't really be bothered...

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2007, 05:54:57 AM »
Eeeeeeeeeeeee! Odin Sphere is here!!
Turns out it was shipped last week!
I think I know what game I'm gonna try out this weekend.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2007, 04:34:37 PM »
I think I get my game tomorrow, it's my free day and I only work the next day at noon, so basically it will be an Odin Sphere marathon for me too.

Offline Amodaus1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2007, 05:39:48 AM »
I got it on the 23rd, but its good. It's not the guardian heroes styled brawl mixed with rpg elements that i wanted but its still good. Also its hard, but then again i set it to hard so i don't know what normal is like.

However, as pretty as it looks, if i had to but my money down on which one was more fun, it'd have to be red star. I know odin sphere got more press and looks better (and it is a fun game) but you guys sould check red star, esspecially with a friend.

And i didn't know GrimGrimoire was developed by the same guys, thats good news

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2007, 08:23:04 AM »
I ordered it today (or yesterday? I forgot) but Play-Asia says it's in stock in 1-2 weeks, combined with airmail that means I can expect it in mid-late july, just in time for that godawful university project to be over.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2007, 01:31:20 PM »
Can I just say that I don't know for how little I've played but my eyes and ears are bleeding from such an overflow of sensations, geez.

Amodaus1, normal is normal, not too hard nor too easy, I've died plenty of times against Belial but that's because I'm not putting any strategy into play.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2007, 10:00:09 PM »
I just picked  Odin Sphere and wow!  I loved it from when I controlled the little kid reading the story book and picking up the cat and then it just got awesome.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2007, 01:27:37 AM »
I played my first game of Odin Sphere today: the game is graphically impressive!!
The gameplay seems a bit odd though, it's basically an action game with some RPG elements. One thing is kinda frustrating: stages are really short to my liking.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2007, 10:47:30 PM »
The Red Star and Odin Sphere are both great.  Red Star is getting very hard on the levels I just got to, my friend and I were getting killed by a bosses millions of bullets, mortar guys, and ground soldiers.  That is not a complaint, I liked how it took us time and forced us to make a strategy so each of us would concentrate on certain aspects according to what we and our characters are best at.  When games like this come out now it makes me think that Sony should have just kept the ps2 out and not released the 3 for a few years.

Does anyone who has Red Star know what Kyuzo's 3rd weapon does?  Whenever I use it the giant bullet just bounces of the enemy and I can't find any faqs with the info.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2007, 03:33:21 AM »
I took the plunge and bought Odin Sphere.  I played it last night, but didn't have enough time to get far at all.  It certainly is beautiful.  The story is presented in such an over-serious way that it's almost funny, though.

I'm considering Red Star, but only if I can convince a friend to play through it with me.  Such games are only really worth playing co-op.