Author Topic: Devil May Cry 4 coming to the PS3, Xbox360 and PC!  (Read 7888 times)

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Devil May Cry 4 coming to the PS3, Xbox360 and PC!
« on: March 19, 2007, 02:10:30 PM »
File this under, "I called this Over a Year ago!"

Just a short while ago, Capcom confirmed that Devil May Cry 4 will not be a PS3 exclusive.

"Capcom is committed to making its titles available to as wide an audience as possible, and has been building its technology base to meet that goal," said Mark Beaumont, executive vice president, officer and head of Capcom consumer software publishing in the Americas and Europe. "This announcement means that PS3, Xbox 360 and PC owners worldwide will be able to experience the latest installment of one of Capcom's pillar franchises."

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e070320.html
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline darknight06

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Devil May Cry 4 coming to the PS3, Xbox360 and PC!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 03:10:33 PM »
Well, if the PC port isn't crap I'll probably go out and get it considering by then I should have a much more capable video card.  Sucks big for Sony though...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 03:18:42 PM »
Ouch one of their big three is no longer exclusive, that is a big blow. Now they only have Final Fantasy and MGS!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE: Devil May Cry 4 coming to the PS3, Xbox360 and PC!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 03:58:46 PM »
It was never an issue of "IF" it was always "WHEN"  And now we know!
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 04:01:38 PM »
And Cap does it AGAIN!

Really dude you should just become an analyst, or at the very least, a fortune teller.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 04:48:30 PM »
Hmm... the knock down drag-out fight between the X360 and PS3 continues.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 05:03:12 PM »
Cap you should remind us of whatelse you may have "called over a year ago" just so we know exactly when it was "called" and look to see who else may have "called" it too. Lots of links please

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 06:37:42 PM »
You know, if a series that has been a Sony exclusive can go so quickly like DMC, I really do see MGS following suit. Not sure about the Final Fantasy series though with Xbox 360 still struggling in Japan and it not really being a RPG machine sales wise.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 07:29:41 PM »
So much for the Sony fans who've been touting that one as an exclusive.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 02:08:02 AM »
Regardless of what Sony fanboys will say, Sony is really hurting right now.  PS and PS2 lived and breathed on its exclusive titles, but this generation they are losing the games that had previously been announced as exclusive.  Right now the only AAA titles I can think of are MGS4 and FFXIII that are still exclusive, and right now it's only a waiting game to see if they actually are exclusive anymore.

When Namco said they have to sell at least 500,000 copies of a game on the PS3 to at least break even (or to make at least a profit) they basically said that the PS3 isn't the place for new or experimental or risky games.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 05:06:44 AM »
So then let the era of cookie cutter sequels and big budget games commence!
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 06:05:07 AM »
I don't see MGS going anywhere.  I could see an MGS game that is not on the PS3 but not MGS4.  There a little to "invested" now and Sony probably won't let them go easily.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 06:34:49 AM »

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1
Cap you should remind us of whatelse you may have "called over a year ago" just so we know exactly when it was "called" and look to see who else may have "called" it too. Lots of links please

I know there is recorded evidence of Cap's prediction from a year ago. Also, I do remember a thread where the possibility of DMC 4 on the 360 was mentioned.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 06:34:53 AM »
To quote Freddie Mercury (RIP):

"And another one gone, another one gone, another one bites the dust!"

LOL Sony, LOL.  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 06:46:25 AM »
I posted about this in the other thread, but I porobably should've posted it here instead

Microsoft says: One down two to go

Boris Schneider-Johne, Xbox Product Manager of Microsoft Germany, today hints at his blog, called dreisechtig.net (German for threesixty), that Devil May Cry 4 may only be the first of three exclusive PS3-games coming also to Xbox 360.

On his blog, he posted the following phrase:

"One down, two to go"

Followed by the names of three games: Devil May Cry (striked), Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid.

But he also does some damage control shortly afterwards...

"Yes, this is just a personal checklist of franchises that I and plenty of others would like to see on Xbox 360. In no way, shape or form is that an announcement list, an internal Microsoft shopping list, a “I know more than you do” list or something like that."

But I think we all know that it really is... a shopping list that is.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 08:10:06 AM »
Wow, this sucks for Sony... but at least now I actually plan on playing DMC4 even if DMC3 was impossible.

I don't see FFXIII going anywhere. MGS4 might, but even that might remain exclusive. Regardless, Sony is still doing better than Nintendo did with N64. They're losing exclusivity, but their still getting those games. And I think it'd be worse if Sony lost exclusivity to Nintendo more than MS. Right now, Nintendo is raping the Japanese market and catching up to 360 steadily in the US (not sure about Europe). Nintendo has done all that without many big third party titles. If Nintendo got the big multiplatform games too, everyone would be in trouble.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 08:49:01 AM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
Regardless, Sony is still doing better than Nintendo did with N64. They're losing exclusivity, but their still getting those games.

In terms of third parties, yes... but the N64 was great (well, in some respects) because of Nintendo's own titles. Titles which were exclusive. Having games on the system go multi-platform isn't crushing to a console as long as they have other exclusives to fall back, stuff that you can't get else where. Something that the PS3 looks to be in dire need of this generation.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 11:24:38 AM »
Even though it's bad for Sony when they keep losing exclusives, I dont see why everyone keeps acting like losing DMC is a big deal.  The best selling DMC game was the first one with 2.77 million copies worldwide.  Then the series went downhill with DMC 2 selling 1.69 million copies and DMC 3 1.62 million copies.

As you can see even if DMC 4 would have stayed exclusive it wouldn't have done much for the PS3 anyway.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 02:42:22 PM »

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
Even though it's bad for Sony when they keep losing exclusives, I dont see why everyone keeps acting like losing DMC is a big deal.  The best selling DMC game was the first one with 2.77 million copies worldwide.  Then the series went downhill with DMC 2 selling 1.69 million copies and DMC 3 1.62 million copies.

As you can see even if DMC 4 would have stayed exclusive it wouldn't have done much for the PS3 anyway.

You may be right about the sales, but the series is good for image and that is what matters the most. Even Sony was touting DMC4 through its non-gameplay trailers, and was trying to center alot of attention on it. That in itself shows that the series was important to Sony.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 03:05:24 PM »
I sorta loved-liked DMC.  I didn't like DMC 2 because it was lesser quality.  I absolutely hate DMC 3 because they tried to hard to make the game cool and hip they made it stupid.  I mean all the acrobatic stunts and stuff just looked stoopid to me.  The story was stupid and for a prequel it really didn't make much sense to me.  In fact it felt like there was a story between DMC3 and DMC that has yet to be told.  Lady was stoopid.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 04:31:48 PM »
The N64 sold really well at first. A lot better than the PS3 is.

Offline Amodaus1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 04:43:04 PM »

Originally posted by: nitsu niflheim
I sorta loved-liked DMC.  I didn't like DMC 2 because it was lesser quality.  I absolutely hate DMC 3 because they tried to hard to make the game cool and hip they made it stupid.  I mean all the acrobatic stunts and stuff just looked stoopid to me.  The story was stupid and for a prequel it really didn't make much sense to me.  In fact it felt like there was a story between DMC3 and DMC that has yet to be told.  Lady was stoopid.

DMC always sucked in story. It was never about the story. DMC 3 was, in my opinion, the best action game of this last generation because the gameplay was flawless, and amazing deep, for a non-fighting game. Each of the 4 main styles provided a different aspect of gameplay, royal gaurd for just-frame fun, and gunslinger for silly sniper shotgun combos, i never liked trickster because ninga gaiden did running on walls better, but teleporting made dodging fun, and swordmaster is self-explaintory, with quicksilver and dopple being there for fun.

I doesn't matter that DMC doesn't put up GTA like numbers, its a good game. It's also a challenging game, something we don't get much of any more. Many people tout ninja gaiden as hard, and while ninja gaiden is hard, and i give temco credit for changing enemies to ones you've never seen before in harder modes, and bosses spawn enemies in harder modes and have new attacks, I felt DMC 3 was more difficult, less focused on defensive play (like NG)  and more about aggressive and creative combo-ing, and if you WANTED to be defensive, DMC gave you the option of trickster or royal gaurd. I felt temco force fed defensive play down your throat in ninga gaiden, always waiting for openings, especially on doku with stupid cats and gaints is terribly annoying.

Back to the point, DMC is a good game, and i'm glad its going to more consoles, more people should play it. It's also a game that doesn't need HI DEF graphics, it ran fine on the ps2, it'd be nice to see a wii version, but i doubt the wii remote would be a good idea for DMC's type of gameplay.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 06:56:23 PM »

Originally posted by: Artimus
The N64 sold really well at first. A lot better than the PS3 is.

Not to mention that N64 was quickly making profits off it shortly after release.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 07:35:46 PM »

Originally posted by: Lord_die_seis
So then let the era of cookie cutter sequels and big budget games commence!

It already did, when Twilight Princess came out.

*ducks*
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 07:54:40 PM »
*pretends to throw a punch *

*then goes for a field goal kick instead*

And I'm not even defending Twilight Princess, the game can defend itself.
I just couldn't resist polishing my shoe on Wandering chin