Author Topic: Nights is being revived on Wii  (Read 46143 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: NuGHTS is being revived on Wii
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2007, 02:10:50 PM »
I was TRYING to pretend I never read that, you bastard!
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2007, 02:13:33 PM »
"Billy Hatcher: Chickens in outer space"

CHICKENS IN OUTER SPACE! PROTECTING THE HUMAN RACE!

Killer app material right there!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline MLS_man_64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2007, 02:32:03 PM »
Just wanted to point out that Nights was made by Yugi Naka, spelled wrong I'm sure, and he left Sega to found Prope.  However, Sega invested in Prope, and you know...
"I want to be some muscle bound guy dressed like Rambo with a huge gattling gun shooting aliens while I'm snowboarding down an erupting volcano."---Ian Sane

"If you put a $10 ticket up two bucks, that's a 40 per cent jump," he said.---The Toronto Star

If a broken 360 is on a store shel

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2007, 02:39:17 PM »
Ohhh...

It's the NiGHTS of Wii!
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Blue Plant

• View Profile
    • My site.
RE:NuGHTS is being revived on Wii
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2007, 02:50:59 PM »
It's a Wii Bewitched game. :3

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2007, 03:01:11 PM »

Originally posted by: pap64
"Billy Hatcher: Chickens in outer space"

CHICKENS IN OUTER SPACE! PROTECTING THE HUMAN RACE!

Killer app material right there!

More like vapour-app!

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2007, 03:27:12 PM »
starring his iron-willed sister, Margaret.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2007, 03:50:25 PM »
Yuji Naka may have left, but he never wanted to doa sequel for NiGHTS so he's not likely to participate even if it is true. However Sega still has some of thier old talent lieying around they could sprinkle some pixie dust on and get thier magic back.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2007, 03:57:36 PM »

Originally posted by: pap64

Um, didn't you read what I said...

I said...

SEQUEL TO BILLY HATCHER!!!

I sure hope so! Billy Hatcher is still the only good thing Sonic Team's made since the Mega Drive days. :]

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2007, 05:09:53 PM »

Originally posted by: segagamer12
Yuji Naka may have left, but he never wanted to doa sequel for NiGHTS so he's not likely to participate even if it is true. However Sega still has some of thier old talent lieying around they could sprinkle some pixie dust on and get thier magic back.

I kind of get the impression that you are in denial in regards to present day Sega, they have no magic left anymore.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2007, 06:09:54 PM »
Seriously. Sega died with the Dreamcast.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2007, 06:49:25 PM »
In the last few years, Sega has made too many games which is why most of them are so bad. They're rushed andsloppy. Instead, they should work on only a few titles at a time and work on them until they're ready. Then they might get some credibility back.

A game like NiGHTS could bring old Sega back. It's a franchise some people have fond memories of. Releasing a good sequel could put them back on track.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2007, 07:34:54 PM »
Hey, Condemned: Criminal Origins was good.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2007, 08:00:39 PM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
Releasing a good sequel could put them back on track.

Surely after releasing so many mediocre Sonic sequels these days Sega could make a good sequel of SOMETHING.

Then again, I don't think Sega could fall out of a boat and hit water. In terms of game development at least - I haven't had the opportunity to literally test out this theory with a Sega staffer.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2007, 08:21:37 PM »
It is really sad actually how far Sega has fallen, they were at one time my second favorite developer. Now they are closing in on being one of the crappiest "big" developers out there.

Offline The Traveller

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2007, 09:58:08 PM »
Sega actually used to put out a lot of titles, specially in the Dreamcast days. Its not that they are making too many games, its that they the people making the games dont have a clue.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2007, 11:57:00 PM »

Originally posted by: The Traveller
Sega actually used to put out a lot of titles, specially in the Dreamcast days. Its not that they are making too many games, its that they the people making the games dont have a clue.

Ah the dreamcast days, which had some of the best Sega titles of all time! Too bad the failure of Dreamcast is pretty much what caused their downward spiral.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2007, 06:12:44 AM »
They've always put out a lot of titles. I'm just saying that working on a fewer titles could be the best thing for them. I hate to say it but they might have to layoff a lot of people and keep the best programmers, designers etc. they have then have them create titles, even if they release less of them. Sega was a great developer. Over the past few years, they got their priorities mixed up. They wanted to be the biggest 3rd party developer/publisher and their focus shifted from making good games to publishing a lot of games, regardless of quality. I feel like they need to take a good look at their business model, realize that it's not that good, and start fresh.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2007, 06:21:40 AM »

I feel like they need to take a good look at their business model, realize that it's not that good, and start fresh.

This is Sega, business sense has always been their weakness. This is the firm that heavily supported the Xbox at the start of the last generation despite lagging sales of their games on the console, and with titles which would have done infinitely better on either the PS2 or GCN.

They have had some success on their side though. Despite critical reception, the Sonic games still sell very well, while the Mushiking series was pretty hot for awhile... but they seemed to have dropped the ball there now.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2007, 08:48:24 AM »
So NuGHTS is gonna be on the Wii? Never heard of that title before...
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2007, 10:15:25 AM »

Originally posted by: Arbok

I feel like they need to take a good look at their business model, realize that it's not that good, and start fresh.

This is Sega, business sense has always been their weakness. This is the firm that heavily supported the Xbox at the start of the last generation despite lagging sales of their games on the console, and with titles which would have done infinitely better on either the PS2 or GCN.

They have had some success on their side though. Despite critical reception, the Sonic games still sell very well, while the Mushiking series was pretty hot for awhile... but they seemed to have dropped the ball there now.

Actually wouldn't that boil down to Market Research really in the end?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline the1st_fret

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2007, 10:43:45 AM »
Nope, this is no joke guys. Here's Chandra (ONM Editor) clearing up on what's going on with this rumour. And explaining how it is not an April Fools!

If I hadn't seen these Link's on the Web and hadn't just seen the pages in front of me in my copy of ONM I don't think I'd ever have guessed it was NiGHTS 2.

Anyways. Like the rest, when I first saw the links (I saw the links before the pages, how did that happen, I skipped right past the page? LOL!) I was saying "No, don't do this to me again. But they (ONM) have said now for the last couple of issues they've had to sign a good few NDA's! And Chandra has just got back from Japan from an exclusive test of a new secret game.

NiGHTS 2 is becoming a reality

Last of all. Yes SEGA suck, I hate them, they wreck everything they touch and I don't know why I thought Secret rings would be any different but I haven't played it since the day I bought it. But i'm keen to point out, that neither Sonic team or SEGA have anything to do with Yuji Naka or his new development team. Naka took his best team members and left long ago. The only relationship he has now with SEGA is they have given him some funding for his new development team/studio. As is my understanding.

Naka's the kinda guy who always wants to move onto bigger and better things. Personal opinion coming this way... He's done with Sega and Sonic and he wants to create a whole new world of gaming, that'll go nicely with the Wii's concept then.

I'm very excited to see what NiGHTS 2 brings. Naturally, i'll be keeping my guard up, don't want to get too excited too early. But as Chandra said, something will likely be leaked onto the web before their next issue hits the shelves.

But if/when we start seeing NiGHTS 2 footage, man... Gaming really will never be the same!

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2007, 11:06:49 AM »
So wait, is Yuji Naka working on this or is the disembodied Sonic Team working on this?
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2007, 11:31:56 AM »
My bet is on a rag doll person with the cursor being its mid-section that you fly through rings and whatever else you do in NiGHTs.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2007, 11:55:03 AM »
A rag doll is too lifeless for a flying game like NiGHTS. Having the character follow the cursor might work, but dragging the character wouldn't allow the fluid motion of the original.

This game would be really cool if it didn't require the sensor bar so one doesn't have to work within the confines of the screen as much. Being able to move your character around with broader motions would be neat.
Thanks for listening.