Author Topic: Zack & Wiki  (Read 47027 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Zack & Wiki
« on: March 13, 2007, 03:22:13 PM »

Wii | Treasure Island Z<BR>Capcom / Adventure, riddle-solving<BR>Director: Eiichirou Sasaki (Biohazard Outbreak 1+2)<BR>Producer: Hironobu Takeshita<BR>Lead char is a trainee pirate.<BR>Adventure game with the aim of finding treasure.<BR>Use wiicon to solve puzzles/riddles.
~Source: GAF<BR><BR><a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5636/tiztx6.jpg">SCREENS[/url]<BR><BR>Now THIS is what we need more of: adventure/point-and-clicks!  Here's hoping it's good and does well so more devs will produce more of this underappreciated genre!     
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 12:38:54 AM by Bill Aurion »
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE: New Capcom Title: TREASURE ISLAND Z!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 03:37:29 PM »
Whoah...for a minute there, I thought Capcom had taken the Dragonball Z characters and put them inside the classic Pirate story (kinda like how Sega shoehorned Sonic and friends into the Arabian nights story).

Now that would've been a game worth of curiosity!

As for this game, looks cute, but I wonder if those are FMV shots, still shots of actual gameplay. I'm sure the fans will throw a fit over it, though, because its cartoony looking.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 03:40:58 PM »

Now THIS is what we need more of: adventure/point-and-clicks!
Preach it! The Wii and DS were absolutely made for adventure games.. time to unlock that potential.

Another SEGA franchise which could be greatly improved by the remote - Shenmue.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:New Capcom Title: TREASURE ISLAND Z!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 03:47:24 PM »
I agree, we need more point and click adventures, one of my all time favorite games is Longest Journey for the PC!  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 03:48:22 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold

Now THIS is what we need more of: adventure/point-and-clicks!
Preach it! The Wii and DS were absolutely made for adventure games.. time to unlock that potential.

Another SEGA franchise which could be greatly improved by the remote - Shenmue.

Yeah, I can see the Wiimote enhancing greatly the toy capsule collection aspect of it...

"Maybe I should get...another".

NOTE: Yes, I am being sarcastic, but that doesn't mean that I hate the game. In fact, I really enjoyed it back when it was first released.

If only Ryo was more likeable...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

Originally posted by: pap64

Wait a second, I was thinking the same thing about you! Zing!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 04:55:14 PM »
Game looks pretty childish, yet badass at the same time.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 05:23:53 PM »
In the bottom right corner, You see him opening that chest then holding up the skull necklace thing? Total Zelda ripoff.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 06:27:06 PM »
Thank you Capcom. Now gimme Megaman on the Wii. MP-Killer-am-total.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 12:50:12 AM »
that looks and sounds like the kind of game I would probably like. =D
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 01:16:38 AM »
I wish I could read Japanese.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 02:56:04 AM »
Pirates = awesome.  Good job, Capcom.

The text in the bottom right corner made me chuckle.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 03:06:39 AM »
Neat, I'll keep an eye out for this one.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 03:26:55 AM »
While I wish we'd see games which aim toward a bit older demographic, it's something out of Capcom which isn't a sequel so I've no choice but to approve.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 04:27:31 AM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix

Originally posted by: pap64

Wait a second, I was thinking the same thing about you! Zing!

Do you know where I can find some sailors?
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you n

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 04:51:23 AM »
It's some sort of Capcom support so I'm happy.  If those are real-time graphics (look cel-shaded to me) then I'm quite impressed.  It looks cool but the lack of mature titles from third parties is really getting a little annoying.  When it seems like every developer I actually care about thinks the Wii is for kids it's more difficult to get excited about third party games.  Manhunt 2 was big news largely because it bucked the trend and is honestly something that a Nintendo console would not have normally received.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 04:55:19 AM »
Because it's totally looking like Manhunt 2 will be an INCREDIBLE experience that no adventure game could ever top, right? *rolls eyes*

The "mature" games argument really has to go, because there's absolutely nothing LESS mature than an adult who's too ****ing scared to play an interesting game because it has bright colors...

Offline Chiller

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 05:30:19 AM »
 Misnomer, or not, I hear more and more of the same old "it's for kids" garbage every day.  Do you honestly think this isn't being reinforced by what is being released?  Maybe people are ignorant, but they are still potential customers.
"Mweeeep"
Charles Seeburg

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007, 05:47:35 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion The "mature" games argument really has to go, because there's absolutely nothing LESS mature than an adult who's too ****ing scared to play an interesting game because it has bright colors...

I agree with you 100% there, Bill, but at the same time, the "mature" argument doesn't necessarily imply that we're talking about blood, gore and tons of mindless killing.

I've noticed that there tends to be a sharper curve of difficulty when dealing with an M-rated game: the game tends to be harder because the developers felt that adults would have more ability to thrive in the game world than children would.

I also don't mind deeper storylines which would probably go over the heads of most children, and while I admit that such a thing is generally hard to find, the ones that exist are well worth it.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2007, 05:49:51 AM »
"The 'mature' games argument really has to go, because there's absolutely nothing LESS mature than an adult who's too ****ing scared to play an interesting game because it has bright colors..."

I think it was established in like 1998 that regardless of how dumb this attitude is it exists and we can't stop it and some of us would rather not see the Wii's third party support be limited entirely to using one style because third parties and the general buying public all think Nintendo is for kids.  I would think that after ten years of this sh!t all Nintendo fans would be sick of having third parties tell them what games they're supposed to like.

It isn't about "k!ddy" or "mature".  It's about variety and when you get nothing but super fluffy cloud land it gets stale real quick.  And getting nothing but blood and guts grim land isn't so hot either.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 05:51:16 AM »
The PS2 enjoyed a healthy mix of the two. That's what I'd like for the Wii.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 03:52:11 PM »

Ian Sane wrote:
It isn't about "k!ddy" or "mature". It's about variety and when you get nothing but super fluffy cloud land it gets stale real quick. And getting nothing but blood and guts grim land isn't so hot either.

I agree. I'm not really into ultra-violent games, but I'd rather they be on the console of my choice than not be there. The more variety, the larger the install base which leads to more and better games. Everyone wins, but most importantly me because I get to play many of the games I want to play without having to buy new hardware.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 04:06:15 PM »
Bill do you get excited over Seasame Street every morning? Because seriously that's what this game is, it's childish, it is aimed at children. It's called a demographic.

It's nothing against the game, it might be perfectly playable, it's nothing against you, there's nothing wrong with playing a colourful game but you have to realise, this game is for children. When Capcom greenlighted this, you can be sure that they wern't aiming to sell it to the same group of people who bought Okami or Resident Evil, they are aiming this game at childrena nd you can expectt he game's storyline, themes, humour and challenge to reflect that.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 02:26:10 AM »
I just saw the latest scan on gonintendo, this game has certainly garnered my attention, a main character with a skull hat and uses a Wii remote in the shape of a coffin to do whatever it does in the game? Awesome.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 02:33:17 AM »
That's some great thinking there, 18 Days, I'm glad you can see the future so you can tell me what a game will be about before it's released!  But seriously, I'm trying to figure out how [cute art style = kiddy = really easy content] because that's a hell of an assumption...Picture yourself watching the Mario Sunshine trailer, it being the first Mario game you've ever seen...UH OH, LOOKS KIDDY, GONNA BE AN EASY GAME RIGHT?  And then there's Viewtiful Joe, which looked like a kiddy superhero game when it was first revealed...Just don't make assumptions...