Author Topic: Supreme Commander  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Amodaus1

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Supreme Commander
« on: February 08, 2007, 05:42:56 PM »
Until today, I had no clue about this game.

After watching the battle ship, i instantenously thought, "HOLY CRAP, Its red alert all over again!" This game looks like it plays somewhat like C&C: red alert. Some people compare it to toatl anihilation, but i never played that game. Regardless, i only saw a short skirmish, if anyone here has played the demo please give me impressions, becuase i might upgrade just for this game.

Seriously, its about time we undo the Blizzard starcraft/warcraft stupidity of floating air units and no navy!

If anyone one has played the demo, tell me if the tanks can run over infantry and make my day happier.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Supreme Commander
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 08:06:35 PM »
RED ALERT??? Seriously, SC is NOTHING like C&C. I've played in the open beta (only one match though) and it wasn't much fun, lower tech units get wiped by defenses easily and at tech 3 there's no unit variety, it's all about spamming siegebots and occassionally throwing a super unit out there. While siegebots will roll over normal defenses easily I've heard complaints that if people build a serious wall of defenses you can forget about going through them. Air is wiped way too easily by T3 flak and defenses are built too quickly to allow early harrassment troops to arrive before everything is sealed and tight.

Tanks can't run over infantry but that's because there is no infantry. Everything's a vehicle, the humanoid things are just mechs.

Just play Spring instead.

Offline Amodaus1

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Supreme Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 01:47:06 PM »
Can't find the requirements listed on the site for what you need to run the game. However, i am interested. I looked through some of the strategy and tactics section, they have some nice things going for the game. What was you opinion on it KDR.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Supreme Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »
Requirements? Go in downloads, grab the engine, then go onto spring.unknown-files.net and grab some mods. Balanced Annihilation is the most played one but Expand & Exterminate is a good choice if you don't want TA.

Or do you mean SupCom? That thing requires a top-of-the-line PC because anything else will cause framerate drops so severe you'd think you're using a 386.