Author Topic: Quake HB  (Read 1460 times)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Quake HB
« on: May 23, 2009, 03:21:53 PM »
I finally got around to doing the Homebrew and was browsing the downloads. There is a shareware version of Quake 1. Its going to take some practice but it feels great.

The one part that stands out though is the gun is oriented on screen based on how the wiimote is held. Turn the controller upside down, the nail gun goes upside down and held at the top of the screen. The goofy thing is if you flail around you can see the entire gun model, just floating in air.

If you have the chance and don't mind old old games check it out. Consider it a primer to the release of the Conduit. (Doom is available too.)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Quake HB
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 03:26:33 PM »
I used to play Quake without mouselook, so that would be odd.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 04:07:21 PM »
I finally got around to doing the Homebrew and was browsing the downloads. There is a shareware version of Quake 1. Its going to take some practice but it feels great.

The one part that stands out though is the gun is oriented on screen based on how the wiimote is held. Turn the controller upside down, the nail gun goes upside down and held at the top of the screen. The goofy thing is if you flail around you can see the entire gun model, just floating in air.

If you have the chance and don't mind old old games check it out. Consider it a primer to the release of the Conduit. (Doom is available too.)

Isn't it great?  God a love love love FPS controls on Wii, I'm serious.  I really want a good run and FPS for Wii. 

Quake plays great, and every once in a while I play it. I encourage all to try it, it's completely legal.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 04:56:33 PM »
lol, whoever made that homebrew should get in touch with ID, cus they could make a bunch in licensing the quake engine for small companies. The GFX on quake suck, but if used for other games than fps than it could be very useful. Its too bad my wii is up to date!

found a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxZQ3WDlF0M
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 05:08:31 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 11:05:27 PM »
Up to date Wii...still moddable.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA