Author Topic: good news  (Read 2958 times)

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
good news
« on: March 11, 2003, 07:10:45 AM »
http://cube.ign.com/articles/388/388457p1.html

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=3845

the ign article talks about how ea has delayed a couple games for xbox and ps2 so that they could launch the cube version at the same time. i dont even know what to think about that, but i respect ea for doing that. it seems that they have gotten close to nintendo lately.

the cube-europe article talks about sales jump for the gc in the uk after the free game deal started. it doesnt have numbers, but supposedly things are picking up.

it appears that the gc is gaining support and momentum, hopefully this can lead to better things the nintendo future.

edited for grammer
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
good news
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2003, 08:49:16 AM »
  Interesting, indeed.  Perhaps this 'partnership' with EA involves more than meets the eye?
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline loserfish13

• View Profile
good news
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2003, 01:14:42 PM »
coughcough$$$$$$$$coughcough
Animal Crossing:
Name: pj
Town: terrytwn

My collection:
myurl

My Wishlist:
my

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
good news
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2003, 01:38:51 PM »
loserfish- I'd rather have Nintendo spendinng big $$$ to get a good relationship with America's biggest publisher, where they really need the help, than to have so called pride and go under.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
good news
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2003, 01:42:40 PM »
This isn't really good news.  It's argueably bad news since EA Sports fans have to now wait longer regardless of what platform they own.  If the Gamecube version was moved up that would be good news.

Still it's nice to see all three versions come out at the same time.  Nintendo's deal with EA may have been the cause of this decision but I wouldn't be surprised if EA just realized that by staggering the release dates they were just sabotaging the sales for the later releases.  This way all three versions will likely sell in a more balanced fashion so that they don't have one version that's a huge success and another version that's a complete flop.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
good news
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2003, 05:14:35 PM »
and sega was doing the same thing...and they had to pull out. watch as EA makes a killing and sega has to come back.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline loserfish13

• View Profile
good news
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2003, 02:57:00 AM »
mouseclicker- i agree, i was just suggesting that they spent big money. I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, because it wasn't.
Animal Crossing:
Name: pj
Town: terrytwn

My collection:
myurl

My Wishlist:
my

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
good news
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2003, 05:49:42 PM »
couldn't see another post with this info, so thought i would add it here, given its EA themed

EA and nintendo team up

for those too lazy, it says that EA and Nintendo are teaming up for games (20 aprently in production, not sure if all 20 will be from this team) for gamecube and gameboy, with EA doing  the creative side and non other than Shigeru Miyamoto, providing input on technical game play elements

good news indeed

the link has some other interesting news articles reguarding a new prince of persia to be developed by Ubi Soft, and other assorted info