Author Topic: Sony getting hit Hard lately  (Read 665586 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
LAFFS AND GLORY FOR ALL

OMG, IT'S LIKE THE BUNDY CURSE WAS LIFTED!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Any statement that starts with "briefly ignoring" is so clearly spin...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
Go launch in China where you can control the Media. Oh wait... No one can afford it for the most part their.

You make it sound like Europeans can afford to blow 600€ on one PS3.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS

I think Wandering was just trying to show how stupid gamespot's article was on  the Wii.

Right you are.

...But, to be fair to gamespot, not all of their articles are stupid. In fact, they wrote a nice one just recently. Here's an excerpt:

Sony Computer Entertainment France president Georges Fornay dropped the bombshell in an interview with French-language newspaper Les Dernières Nouvelles d'Alsace (subscription required). He said, "The development costs of games have exploded, and it has become more difficult to have exclusives, outside of our own games. But we have for launch day [in France] 30 games, including MotorStorm, Resistance: Fall of Man, and Virtua Fighter 5. Moreover, we are expecting 200 games [for the PS3] by the end of 2007...As far as Final Fantasy XIII goes, I can tell you that the exclusivity is in discussion."

Yes, you read that right. Final Fantasy XIII may not be PS3 exclusive.

Kutaragi's response? "It can't be helped."
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Yikes if Sony loses FF I think it is pretty much over for them, even MGS doesn't have the power that FF has, not even close! I tell yah Nintendo is looking smarter already by releasing a system that is not only relatively easy to develop for but has relatively cheap development costs, meaning that companies can actually afford to release exclusive games on it without as much risk. Makes me wonder more and more if having weaker hardware than the competition was truly a detrimental choice!  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Go launch in China where you can control the Media. Oh wait... No one can afford it for the most part their.

You make it sound like Europeans can afford to blow 600€ on one PS3.

He also makes it sound like the Chinese can afford to blow 6,500 yuan on one instead.

Edit: Yes, yes, I PHAIL at reading.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com  
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
I really hope SquareEnix decides to bring Final Fantasy to the Xbox360.  Then I won't have to wait 3 years for the PS3 to be reasonably priced just to play it. Also it would pretty much destroy Sony's chances in the console market.

You know what else I believe would destroy Sony? If Nintendo and MS announced that they were joining forces for the next-gen and the system would be fully backwards compatible with both Xbox's and the Wii, as well as having some way to transfer all downloads from both systems.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: MaryJane
I really hope SquareEnix decides to bring Final Fantasy to the Xbox360.  Then I won't have to wait 3 years for the PS3 to be reasonably priced just to play it. Also it would pretty much destroy Sony's chances in the console market.

I also hope this happens, I much rather buy FFXIII for my Xbox360 then have to wait for the PS3 to drop to $300.

Originally posted by: MaryJane
You know what else I believe would destroy Sony? If Nintendo and MS announced that they were joining forces for the next-gen and the system would be fully backwards compatible with both Xbox's and the Wii, as well as having some way to transfer all downloads from both systems.

That is a VERY bad idea. Nothing good could come out of that. If you could buy all your games on one system or another even exclusives like Halo and Mario that would kill one of they systems off. Its best to just let Nintendo be Nintendo and Microsoft be the new Sega.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
lol i know what happened to sega
you do too
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
You know I got the most response from that post then what I have on plenty lately that I wanted responses to.  Anyway.  Nobody can just afford $600 worth of game console on a whim, in general.  Not the traditional target market and expected prices.  The mind set isn't there.  A business it be just a drop in the bucket if it is deemed useful.

Also there was rumor at some point of a computer being made that would also play XBox and PS games, not the Yoshi box.   Just thought of that with mention of the multiple systems in a system.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Why would you rather FF be on Xbox 360.  I rather the game be on the Wii.

It seems the CGI could still be top notch on the Wii, and an RPG doesn't need super processing power to make a beautiful game.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
I also heard that the PS3 launch in my homeland of Poland was atrocious, according to a Polish online game retailer the price of the PS3 there is 2,399.00 Zloty  which is 827 USD which is insane since the average Polish person doesn't make a lot of money so it will be out of reach for a lot of Polish citizens also games range from 219 zl. to 259 zl. In comparison the Xbox 360 over there is 1,400 zl.  with games at 129 - 259zl. And the Wii weighing in at a 1,099 zl. price point and games at 99zl - 229 zl.

and in reference 1 USD = 2.9 PLN

So a PS3 is the equivilant to 827 USD  with games at 75 - 89 USD
X360 is equivilant to   482 USD  with games at 44 - 89 USD
Wii is equivilant to 378 with games at 34 - 79 USD

I think those prices of consoles and games in Europe and Poland is a big ouch compared to the prices I enjoy here in America.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Why would you rather FF be on Xbox 360.  I rather the game be on the Wii.

It seems the CGI could still be top notch on the Wii, and an RPG doesn't need super processing power to make a beautiful game.

I'm sure a lot of us would prefer FF XIII on the Wii, but we just can't rationally imagine how such a thing could come about with Square probably so deep into development for the PS3 with that game.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I still think Final Fantasy XII will find its way onto Wii eventually. I'd also bank on a Final Fantasy VII remake on Wii.

Ceric wrote:
Nobody can just afford $600 worth of game console on a whim, in general.

But they're out there. The new guy at work quit his job at Sam Goody in December and was unemployed for about 3 months. He used his tax refund to buy a PS3... "just because." He said he was bored and wanted to try Blu-Ray out.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
I think we'll see Final Fantasy VII-IX on the DS not on the Wii

They could still do a Final Fantasy VII remake on the DS, Redo the cut senses and update all the models to use the Dirge of Cerberus or Crisis Core ones.
I really do think the DS could handle it, the only thing holding it back is the current DS card size (which can be changed thou). I think if Nintendo really wanted to, by making the DS cards bigger (512MB - 1GB) could easily start competing with the PSP graphic wise.
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Adrock
But they're out there. The new guy at work quit his job at Sam Goody in December and was unemployed for about 3 months. He used his tax refund to buy a PS3... "just because." He said he was bored and wanted to try Blu-Ray out.

He'll regret his decision when he's selling his body to other men because he needs the cash for food.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!

Originally posted by: Lord_die_seis
I think those prices of consoles and games in Europe and Poland is a big ouch compared to the prices I enjoy here in North America.
fixed.

because the rest of the continent gets raped with absurd prices whilist the majority of it's population has minmal wages...

(for reference, the lowest the Wii goes over here is U$S700....)
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile

capamerica wrote:
I think we'll see Final Fantasy VII-IX on the DS not on the Wii

They could still do a Final Fantasy VII remake on the DS, Redo the cut senses and update all the models to use the Dirge of Cerberus or Crisis Core ones.

I don't think DS has the processing power to handle those character models. SquareEnix has shown what they can do with DS and while impressive, it's no where near PS2/PSP quality.

As for remakes, I'd rather they be on Wii. It needs them more than DS does. And while I still own VII and IX (though I plan to sell them on ebay), I'd buy Wii remakes.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
I could easily see up to 9 on the DS.  Now 10 up I don't know.

I'm pretty sure that a DS card is pretty much an SD card in the end and that could easily be upped to 4 gig.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Ceric
I could easily see up to 9 on the DS.  Now 10 up I don't know.

I'm pretty sure that a DS card is pretty much an SD card in the end and that could easily be upped to 4 gig.

That would be one expensive game though lol. It is interesting, but it does seem like the DS Card is like a slightly redesigned SD card in look and size (maybe some of the technical savvy people can confirm that).
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
That I know of the DS cards are just modified SD cards, The DS card uses the same kind of Flash Memory as a SD card.
And right now you can get a 2GB SD card for about $25. Nintendo could most likley get the SD cards for about $5 a card (or less) and I would be more then willing to drop $45-50 for a DS version of Final Fantasy IX and I bet most people would be willing to drop the same amount of money on DS remakes of FFVII and FFVIII
Crow ~ MST3K

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
$45 to $50 for PS2 games? Sounds a lot like the PSP!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy III is a $40 game, To me a extra $5 or $10 for Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX wouldn't bother me.
Crow ~ MST3K

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
DS cards are, in fact, just SD cards backwards.

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: PartyBear
DS cards are, in fact, just SD cards backwards.

that made me lol out loud.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649