Author Topic: any body rememebr these systems?  (Read 8298 times)

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: any body rememebr these systems?
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 05:41:04 PM »
Atari 800XL
Amiga 1000

Both had great games for it that I'd love to be able to run today.

Ah yes the Amiga....
We had "Mouse Trap" for the Amiga, and I'm not talking the Mouse Trap that was on the 2600.  This was a good platform game.

"Barbarian Palace," the fighting game with the 'Today you die!' intro to each battle and green lizard to pull the bodies of the playing field.

Crazy Cars, Marble Madness!, Silent Service, Chessmaster 2000 ("oops you got me"), Star Wars (the original! , GridIron, Dark Castle, Aargh!! (great game), Black Cauldron, Jet (Flight Sim), Future Tank, ...

My question, is there a way of extracting the data on those diskettes so that I could archive them.  Amiga is probably easier than the Atari.  Atari used 5.25 disks and I doubt I still have a working drive that can read those (Amiga was 3.5 in disks).  I thought I could use 'dd' but I remember it failing last I tried.  Maybe the disks have just gone bad...

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:any body rememebr these systems?
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 06:03:18 PM »
Anyone played Chip's Challenge? I remember playing it as a kid - I think it was on the PC and 2600..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:any body rememebr these systems?
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 06:40:31 PM »
I also used to have one of those Atari computers it was mostly for games too I played Missile Command and this really cool deep space game that had you travleing in Hyperspace a lot. It was cool. I forgot what it was called though.  
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Shin Gallon

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: any body rememebr these systems?
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2006, 10:10:22 PM »
One of my friends has a Neo Geo cartridge system...playing Samurai Spirits and Metal Slug 3 on that thing is amazing, emulation just...isn't the same : )
We used to have a C64 when I was a kid, about the same time I got my NES (1987). I had the Usagi Yojimbo and Transformers games for it...they kinda sucked, but I played them to death anyway. Aaah, memories...
"Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime."

http://shingallon.com