Author Topic: So anyone got a crashing XBox 360?  (Read 11095 times)

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
RE:So anyone got a crashing XBox 360?
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005, 10:24:25 AM »

Originally posted by: odifiend
I have a launch GCN and I had Disc Read Error problems about 3 years later.  My friend who came with me to get his GCN is also now getting DREs.  I don't know if it was a bad batch but still 3-4 years later isn't bad.

I had that same problem with the one I got at launch about 3 years ago, thought Bloody Roar was the cause at the time as it kept giving that error when it crashed at the character selection screen (as that game sometimes does). However, the one I got as a replacement has worked perfectly since then and I have had it for some time now.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: So anyone got a crashing XBox 360?
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2005, 10:44:31 AM »
Yeah, I ended up sending mine in to be repaired.  They must have changed the insides because I now have a purple menu screen where I used to have a pink.  No problems since.  Do the generation two gamecubes have a purple selection screen?
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2005, 10:55:19 AM »
I think mine always had a blue or purple screen, bought it on launch day.  Though I'm not that observant.

I've had a couple of minor problems, may have been the software's fault, even.  Zelda crashed once, and for some reason my copy of Beyond Good and Evil won't work with controller port 1 when I start it up, and randomly changes to other controller ports at certain times, like when starting the minigame at the bar.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2005, 12:00:56 PM »
Mine is launch and still works fine.

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2005, 12:36:20 PM »
Vice versa ^____________________________^

Never had any problems, heh I still have my working nes and snes, just the controllers on snes aren't responsive and tend to stick. thus I need new controllers for it, heh.

N64 works fine as well. Gotta love that hologram MM cart
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2005, 02:11:02 PM »
My NES and SNES work too. One control pad on the NES half died, but otherwise they're great.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2005, 06:25:30 PM »
The only time my GC crashed was with Eternal Darkness and its demanding cutscenes, (I can hear the GC strugling with the disk while reproducing them)
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2005, 08:07:12 PM »
The results are about the same still, the total number of votes is 1356 as of this post. I guess I can post a link since the site doesn't technically promote warez, it's a good source for homebrew XBox news and the such - http://xbox-scene.com - Hell, it was even featured on TechTV a couple years ago.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2005, 04:10:22 AM »
I've heard claims that stores are reporting 30% defect rates...

I'd consider the poll skewed, someone with a defecive box is much more likely to vote than someone without one plus there's people who just vote something to further their agenda (MS fans voting "no problems", MS haters voting "mine broke").

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2005, 10:05:35 AM »

I dont see the point of not releasing the voltage of the chips im sure sony can figure this out just by using the right tools. I mean they have how many engineers working over at sonys head quarters. Im pretty sure you can just connect cables at the right place and find out how much power is flowing through.

Power!=Voltage.

As for finding the voltage that is being sent through to the cpu, if you can find the right leg on the VCPU controller, you should be able to find the voltage. I haven't really seen the motherboard of the console, so I can't say for sure where that is.

I also don't think sony really cares what voltage microsoft is running their chips at, as it has absolutely no baring on their chips.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2005, 10:22:03 AM »
My cousin's had an echo on Xbox Live; that was the only hardware defect we encountered.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2005, 05:00:01 PM »
Holy Cow!  What did that person do to the xbox360?  Wait don't tell me.........He put his xbox on top of his xbox 360!  <-----I just had to poke fun just one more time at the size of the xbox.

Seriously wtf?  I wonder if the person got a refund or exchange?  "Ummm i opened the box and thats how it was I swear!"

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2005, 05:03:29 PM »
I believe those are the guys who raised money to smash an XBOX360. Did it with an iPod too.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2005, 05:23:26 PM »
I think I read that the Xbox 360 is actually bigger than the Xbox, just that the design makes it seem smaller.  I don't remember if the size was with/without the power brick combined.

And for the picture of the busted system, I read that someone bought the system after getting money via donations and after purchasing it, took it outside and smashed it up in front of everyone still waiting in line.  I mean he can do whatever he wants with his money and purchase, but why for God's sake would you do that.  I mean if you have no intention of keeping it to play, then just don't bother.  Some poor smuck could have gotten that system instead, only to want to do the same because it fricked up on him/her.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2005, 05:50:43 PM »
http://thatvideosite.com/view/1186.html

I believe this is the video in question.  Somewhere there are people starving... 400 dollars wouldn't solve that but it is a much better cause than a smashed xbox.  Then there is the 'get triple what you paid for it' on ebay thing.  Sigh...what non conformists do with their money...
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2005, 07:20:32 PM »
Still, you have to admit it was interesting.  However I would be extremely PO'ed if I was an xbox fan waiting in line, I pity the poor schmuck who was in line right behind the person who got the last 360, then walked out into the parking lot to see that one get smashed.

This type of sh!t happens with every launch, with all of the xbox and ps fanboys out there, I will not be surprised at all to see this happen to the revolution when it comes out.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2005, 08:20:51 PM »
The website is www.smashmyxbox.com.  If you look at the links at the top they are also going to do it with the ps3 and the revolution.  I think they use a different way of destoying it each time.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2005, 08:22:21 PM »
If the Rev is up to Nintendo standards it'll still play games after that.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2005, 02:39:52 AM »
And they will barely need effort to break the ps3.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro