Author Topic: XBox Live Arcade Pricing: $10-$20  (Read 6406 times)

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: XBox Live Arcade Pricing: $5-$20
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2005, 10:03:54 AM »
Just because stevey loves Nintendo that much.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:XBox Live Arcade Pricing: $5-$20
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2005, 10:53:28 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
NIntendo isn't paying for the bandwidth, and it costs them nothing to put a 10 year old game for download.

Why isn't Nintendo paying for the bandwidth? What gives you that idea?

Because IGN/Gamespy seems to be taking care of the network side of things.  They probably drop a load of money on them, but I don't think they directly pay for the bandwidth.

Although, they probably pay just as much anyways, so its probably a moot point.
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005, 01:58:01 AM »
"How many gigabytes of 100MBaud cost 100$ a month? I don't believe there are any unlimited bandwidth business-level connections available at that speed because they can produce terabytes of traffic and those cost. Because there is a limit to the bandwidth each node in the internet can handle and the node costs money to maintain traffic costs money. Since the service provider can't get that raffic for free, I doubt their business customers can. Consumers are a different affair, they don't cause nearly as much traffic as a business.

Never mind that Nintendo (at least NoE) can't get a website to work with high load, what will they do with the download servers?"

Im baising it off the price dansubbers pay for there bots, they pay for the web server which also supports irc
they use them to server 24/7, UNLIMITED
just go on a large site, u will see, many bots have served thousands of gig's

got to remember e business is profitable, heck ICP claim they make over a million in web sales to there merch each year, and they go thu yahoo business to run there webstore

Offline Galford

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2005, 12:11:49 PM »
The bandwidth issue does bring up some interesting questions.  
MS has paid the price for it's Live network, thus Live Arcade probably costs
very little to MS to roll out.

Nintendo doesn't invest in anything that doesn't bring an instant profit per unit.
Remember RandNet???
Wii Code - 8679 5256 1008 2077