Author Topic: Xenon specs revealed.  (Read 10120 times)

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
RE: Xenon specs revealed.
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2005, 07:37:23 AM »
But Microsoft wants to dime and nickle you to death, while Sony just wants the lump sum.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Don'tHate742

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Xenon specs revealed.
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2005, 08:23:24 AM »
It's funny.

I can see both the Xbox 2 and PS3 failing miserably if Nintendo's controller is revolutionary. If it's very fun, easy to play, and it allows for conventional games to do things that just weren't possible before....then I dub Nintendo the winner come this year's E3. Plus, I'm glad both companies are going for the same market share, and even in the same way. It's just less competition once the Revolution comes out.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2005, 06:21:28 PM »
Bah, I just want a god damned Video Game machine.  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2005, 08:46:32 AM »
Well, with Microsoft being the devil and all we can at least be sure of the "god damned" part.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2005, 08:53:02 AM »

Originally posted by: Deguello
What I don't like is the optional hard drive.  They took the one good idea they had and de-standardized it, which means no one will use it.
I used to think the Hard Drive in the X-Box was a good thing, but that was when I was still in the cartridge mind set of the n64.  I love the fact that I can cart memory cards to people's houses, the office, or school, and have all my save games.  With cartridges you could bring the whole game and that was fine too, but with an internal hard drive your saves are tied to your system which is quite crummy.  I know the X-Box had the whole memory card thing too but why buy memory cards when you can save for free? I dunno, its just a dilemma.

Hard drives are needed for games like FFXI...too bad sony didn't think so.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2005, 06:21:10 PM »
And how many used the Xbox's harddrive up to now?  None besides Blinks, of course that could be 1/2 MS's fault since the Xbox Live is on a closed circuit (which kinda shut the door on the mod community).

A large memory card is more than enough room for saves and downloadable content but my biggest gripe is MS chosing to stick with DVD9 instead of using HD-DVD.   That would have been a great advantage (not only for developing games but most of hollywood is going with that new format) over sony's PS3.

As for nintendo, it's unlikely that it would be HD-DVD as well.  Nintendo confirmed that Res was BWC with GC which means it must read the inner track first which is just the opposite of DVD's drives.

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2005, 09:17:27 PM »
Ninja Gaiden does not allow you to save to a memory card.  That sucks because my friend wants all the costumes that I've freed up by finishing Very Hard Mode,  but I can't give it to him because of this issue.
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2005, 05:07:26 AM »
As for nintendo, it's unlikely that it would be HD-DVD as well. Nintendo confirmed that Res was BWC with GC which means it must read the inner track first which is just the opposite of DVD's drives.

Modchips made the GC read standard media, the Q read DVDs, you think Nintendo couldn't give the Rev a drive controller that can read both GC disks and (HD/BR) DVDs?

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2005, 07:04:45 PM »
Oh yeah forgot about the "Q" :0  Still doubtful (considering nintendo's past stance on multi-media consoles) but at least there's a glimmer of hope.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2005, 02:17:11 AM »
Nintendo's stance is changing lately. Online OOTB, multimedia stuff for the GBA, ... Video playback in the Rev wouldn't surprise me especially now that Nintendo knows that it's an advantage and being rigid would just hurt them.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2005, 03:54:37 PM »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2005, 08:37:02 PM »
THAT ancient mockup? Besides, that controller looks too PS2y, MS knows they have a better design than Sony.