Author Topic: Guitar Heroes could see more peripherals  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Guitar Heroes could see more peripherals
« on: August 01, 2007, 03:59:11 PM »
According to a recent review of Activision's 1st Quarter sales, analyst group Janco is predicting new peripherals for future Guitar Hero games.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=14139

Guitar Hero fans may see a few new peripherals added to their favorite rhythm title some time in 2008. Analyst group Janco, who recently covered Activision’s first quarter earnings, said that it expects the company to compete directly with MTV/Harmonix’s upcoming Rock Band by releasing new peripherals for inevitable Guitar Hero sequels.    

Janco expects the Guitar Hero brand to sell just as well as traditionally higher-selling Activision franchises like Tony Hawk and Call of Duty. Although Janco believes that Activision will post a record holiday season in sales, the group is concerned that EA’s upcoming Skate and MTV/Harmonix’s Rock Band could spell trouble for Activision in 2009.    

On Rock Band, Janco sees “a compelling option for the music-oriented category beginning in holiday ’07, which will pressure Guitar Hero’s growth. That said, we expect Guitar Hero to follow a natural product evolution by adding additional music peripherals in FY08."    

If true, then Wii owners can probably expect to shell out some extra cash for more air instruments for post-Guitar Hero 3 entries in the franchise. One can only expect specialized bass guitars, although Janco hints that the Guitar Hero franchise has the potential to compete directly with Rock Band, which implies a wider range of musical peripherals.

This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline shammack

• "This space intentionally left blank."
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Guitar Hero Could See More Peripherals
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 01:15:37 AM »
Sorry, but why does anyone ever listen to these analysts' predictions?  I mean, whether this turns out to be true or not, any idiot could make a prediction like this.  These guys just analyze how much money companies make; they have no information about actual game development.  It's misleading to read a headline and assume there's some element of truth to it, then find out it's attributed to some analyst group, at which point you know it's nothing more than wild speculation.

RE:Guitar Hero Could See More Peripherals
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 06:07:33 AM »

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
RE: Guitar Hero Could See More Peripherals
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 06:35:19 AM »
Why would anyone assume that a game that requires an expensive peripheral to sell as well as Tony Hawk or Call of Duty?

Offline therat

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 11:08:16 AM »
i want a vibrator attackment for the wiimote, with a camera on the tip!

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 12:02:57 PM »
Trans vibrator . . .

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 02:23:48 AM »

Guitar Hero fans may see a few new peripherals added to their favorite rhythm title some time in 2008.

I'm a guitar hero fan, but it's not my favorite rhythm series...
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon