Author Topic: Looks like Gamecube might not be the only one missing Star Craft: Ghost...  (Read 6172 times)

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/698/698433p1.html

With the Xbox360 already out, I was starting to wonder what might happen to StarCraft: Ghost. Nothing is certain yet, but it sounds like it will either move to next generation consoles or get the lid shut on the project.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
No one cares about Duke Nukem Fore- oh whoops, I meant StarCraft Ghost.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
I really stopped caring about Starcraft Ghost when the changed developers and converted the game from a stealth action games to a FPS.
But on the plus side maybe with Blizzard dropping the current gen for Starcraft Ghost maybe just maybe the Revolution will get the game now.

So which do you think will get released first Duke Nukem Forever or Starcraft Ghost?
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
shenmue 3
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
They can't use the online reason for the Revolution - and the controller would work well with the game too.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
"I really stopped caring about Starcraft Ghost when the changed developers and converted the game from a stealth action games to a FPS."

I was unaware it was now an FPS.  Guess I stopped caring a lot sooner than you did.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
I thought it was a TPS...

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
I'm a pretty keen Blizz fan and I stopped caring about StarCraft ghost the moment I read an early preview saying that an exciting thing was sniping marines when their faceplates were down.

If they couldn't entice me with anything at all more exciting than sniping some enemies with idiotic AI, then I can't feel inspired at all. Through the switch of development house partners and the change to a Battlefield:1942 set-up and now this delay, I have felt that this project is becoming something of a white elephant.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
I stopped caring about Starcraft: Ghost when the game was cancelled for the Gamecube.  So I am very, very elated that the game looks to be going on it way to vaporware.

I am so happy.

Now I just hope the game never comes out for the next gen.  

The reason this is all happening is because they tried to backstab Nintendo, and cancelled the game for the GCN, and possibly because they changed developer's and gameplay genre. :P
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
I never cared.  I'm cooler than all of you.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
Blizzard needs to make a RTS for the REV or I will be pissed.

Honestly, what console is more suited to that type of play than the REV? Even PC's might be worse when compared to the REV.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Galford

• View Profile
Do you know that some Gamestops still have placeholders out for Starcraft:Ghost in their Gamecube sections?

Wii Code - 8679 5256 1008 2077

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
vudu: I didn't care either. A stealth game doesn't make me care. Starcraft even less.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Galford
Do you know that some Gamestops still have placeholders out for Starcraft:Ghost in their Gamecube sections?

My GameStop actually just put the GameCube Starcraft:Ghost placeholders up last month. I was like WTF? Don't these guys listen to the news? This was discontinued like 3 months ago for the Cube and their just now putting it up for pre-orders.

It made me lose almost all my respect for GameStop.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
If it doesn't involve building protoss carriers when my allies are still working on firebats and hydralisks, chances are I won't find it to my liking.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
It wasn't about building anything EVER. Did you complain about World of Warcraft not letting you build archer armies?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour

Originally posted by: capamerica

Originally posted by: Galford

My GameStop actually just put the GameCube Starcraft:Ghost placeholders up last month. I was like WTF? Don't these guys listen to the news? This was discontinued like 3 months ago for the Cube and their just now putting it up for pre-orders.

It made me lose almost all my respect for GameStop.

Man, I lost all respect for GameStop back when......

=P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
It wasn't about building anything EVER. Did you complain about World of Warcraft not letting you build archer armies?

...hence the joke.

I had plenty of complaints about WoW, but none of them revolved around building things.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64