Author Topic: Zelda: Wind Waker was it a let down?  (Read 43523 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Zelda: Wind Waker was it a let down?
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2003, 09:21:32 AM »
Well, considering Ninty likes to try new things, I strongly doubt the ocarina will come back...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Zelda: Wind Waker was it a let down?
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2003, 09:49:50 AM »
But likewise it would be stupid to bring in ANOTHER instrument. Who would want the saxophone of truth or the kazoo of light. Not me. I think that the ocarina should return, or they should keep the baton.

Offline silverdonut

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2003, 11:20:40 AM »

Originally posted by: Jale
I accedently posted twice and I dont know how to delete it

THE NAME IS JALE, J-A-L-E not Jade

I agree. Ghoma was difficult becuase of the annyoing moving tail, but Ganon was too easy. It was like fighting a harder Darknut.

Sorry Jade, I MEAN Jale. It's actually impossible to double post since you have to wait a minute before being able to post again. That's probably why they have it too. So you won't double post accidentlly.

They shouldn't even have started the Wind Baton. They should have kept the ocarina.  What is a Zelda game without one?
WARNING! Never attempt to directly fax anyone an image of your naked buttocks. Always photocopy your buttocks and fax the photocopy.
-Warning label on a fax machine

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2003, 11:43:06 AM »
I didnt do it intentionally but the internet was playing up. It just happened. Trust me im english

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2003, 12:18:52 PM »

Originally posted by: silverdonut
They should have kept the ocarina.  What is a Zelda game without one?
Consider the fact that out of the 10 Zelda games in existence(including Four Swords), only 2 have the ocarina(don't count the "flute" in LttP )...Ninty is one to try new things, and this is the last time I'm going to say that...

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2003, 12:30:37 PM »
The ocarina was used in the three best Zelda games of them all (counting LttP's flute) so i think it should make a comeback. It is a very important item in the series and is used in most of the games that concern Hyrule and not an island off somewhere

Offline Smashman

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2003, 12:33:44 PM »
Yeah! Wind Waker rules! Only LTTP and Ocarina of Time beat it out, in my opinion (while I prefer OOT, I actually enjoyed WW a bit more). It is a really great game, and may very well be one of the best this gen, but it lacked something compared to OoT, and LTTP.
I am the one and only Smashman. Don't believe me? Well, then. I shall entomb you!

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2003, 12:37:18 PM »
I meant 3 of the best, not the three best. Sorry about that. In my opinion WW was better than LttP because it was radically different to all the other games.

My list (best to worst)
OoT
WW
LttP
MM
LA
LoZ
OoS/OoA
AoL

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2003, 01:54:43 PM »
I don't know about your list.  I'm enjoying AoL on my bonus disc right now.  It's much more challenging and engaging than Zelda 1.
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2003, 07:50:45 AM »
I think that a side-scrolling Zelda game is a crime against humanity. Thats my only gripe against AoL. Too much like Mario.

Offline krisdfish

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2003, 11:50:49 AM »
I think WW is better then OoT. Don't ask me why I just do.
If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers.

I am right 90% of the time. So why worry about the other 3%?

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2003, 12:54:22 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill
...Ninty is one to try new things, and this is the last time I'm going to say that...

I regard Nintendo's ability and willingness to change the series with much respect. However, an ocarina/flute has featured in enough Zelda games I believe it warrants at least some recognition as a Zelda item; the bow and arrows, the boomerang, and the master sword all do.  
Om mani padme hum.

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2003, 01:08:27 PM »
I completly agree. What they need is a new item for us to use. The Deku leaf was nice, but what next? Perhaps they will bring back the seed shooter from the Oracles. I quite liked that.

Offline krisdfish

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2003, 01:29:18 PM »
I never played the Oracles. What the heck is a seed shooter? (besides the fact that it obviously shoots seeds)
If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers.

I am right 90% of the time. So why worry about the other 3%?

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2003, 01:43:06 PM »
Its a pipe that shoots the seeds that you collect from different trees. Its like the slingshot but there are 5 different types of ammo.

Offline dus

• Report Me to a Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2003, 07:05:54 AM »
To answer the initial Q: No
Dustin O'Neal

Currently Liking: POP:TSOT, LOZ:MM, Miyazaki Films, Kayla

Currently Hating: Anything "Dragon Ball", anything Electronic Gaming Monthly

Offline Ocarina_Jedi

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2003, 12:29:41 PM »
I'm surprised at you guys.  Am I the only one that remembers that the ocarina was in LA too?  It only had limited use then, but it was still a good item..
I've gotta say what I've gotta say, and then I swear I'll go away, but I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2003, 06:55:15 PM »
I remember.  There were three songs, and their uses were very limited.  Not a bad item, though.  Just not as developed as the instruments are now.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2003, 10:44:24 AM »
I actually played on that game earlier today! The three songs were pretty basic but they did serve their purpose. One to warp you to a place near a teleporter, one that acted like "Zelda's Lullaby" to get you various things, and one that acted like "the Song of Time" that only helped you a couple of times nd both times to get you into a dungeon. You didn't really need much more but I think it is a bit strange that the song of Soul was so expensive and so discordant.

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2003, 12:07:58 PM »

Originally posted by: krisdfish
I think WW is better then OoT. Don't ask me why I just do.

I like WW better too. I like the cel-shading. It makes it look like a comic book.

Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2003, 07:48:05 AM »
Maybe as a bonus disk they should make OoT in WW graphics and vice-versa. That would make a lot of people happy. It would be great to see Ganon the Pig in cel graphics.

Offline i wanna rock

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2003, 12:04:11 PM »
Hi,

I am new to these boards, and since this is the paticular area of which that I found and joined these forums, I think this is the best place to put my comments.

WW added a few new elements of gameplay, namely the sailing aspect among others.
What annoys me uncontrolably on this subject is the damn graphics! Damn them to hell!
Yes, i played it for awhile, got bored and turned around to my N64, where I played OoT and MM for hours on end.
The old graphics were perfect! Why change them!? I would be fine with the old graphics being used for a new Zelda game of tremendous size.
The issues that i have with the graphics are not they are 'childish' or a step back, but when compared to OoT and MM, they are pathetic!
It is pure insantiy to think otherwise, and the thing is, I have heard it everywere! "The new graphics are Great!" "The new graphics blow your mind!".

Please tell me that this is all a huge conspiracy and one of those candit camera jokes!
Signatures are a needless waste of bandwidth!

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2003, 03:02:52 PM »
<rant>

Originally posted by: i wanna rock

The old graphics were perfect! Why change them!?

The old graphics were perfect for the old generation and the stories they were meant to tell. WW is another story with COMPLETELY different gameplay. Seeing the wind and the sea celshaded works very well in my opinion. It basically REQUIRED the cartoon look and feel because of the physically impossible gameplay. Talking boats and fish, bird people, the visible wind, it all would have looked absurd with photorealistic graphics.

The issues that i have with the graphics are not they are 'childish' or a step back, but when compared to OoT and MM, they are pathetic!

No they are not childish but you have given not evidence to back up your arguement? HOW are they pathetic? How can you look at a game where individual blades of grass are tossed around by the wind, where and entire OCEAN can exist without dropping a frame and say the graphics are pathetic. Traditional they are not. Pathetic even less so.

</rant>
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2003, 04:06:52 PM »

Hi,

I am new to these boards, and since this is the paticular area of which that I found and joined these forums, I think this is the best place to put my comments.

WW added a few new elements of gameplay, namely the sailing aspect among others.
What annoys me uncontrolably on this subject is the damn graphics! Damn them to hell!
Yes, i played it for awhile, got bored and turned around to my N64, where I played OoT and MM for hours on end.
The old graphics were perfect! Why change them!? I would be fine with the old graphics being used for a new Zelda game of tremendous size.
It is pure insantiy to think otherwise, and the thing is, I have heard it everywere! "The new graphics are Great!" "The new graphics blow your mind!".

Please tell me that this is all a huge conspiracy and one of those candit camera jokes!

Are you serious? WW was one of the greatest Zelda games in my opinion. Celshaded was one of the greatest things about it. How can you say they were a step back? I tried playing OoT and MM a few days ago. I sure as hell did not enjoy them as I used to. Now, normally, graphics don't matter to me. But in WW, they really made a difference. Ninty likes to try new things. There's nothing wrong with that. If you have a problem with that, than you have a problem. All Zelda games are great. I don't care about the graphics. I enjoy the game because of it's adventure and puzzles. Complain to someone else about your problems, because Ninty did a great job.
Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2003, 06:36:30 PM »
It really makes me wonder if the people that diss Wind Waker's graphics have even PLAYED a Zelda game before OoT...The ignorance of some people pisses me off so much...