Author Topic: Analyst Predicts Wii Shortages to Continue  (Read 6540 times)

Offline Willi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Analyst Predicts Wii Shortages to Continue
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 09:28:27 AM »

Originally posted by: Plugabugz
Super Paper Mario doesn't exist on the NoE website. We will either get it Q3 2007 or somewhere in 2008 at the very earliest.

Damn I'd be pissed if I lived in Europe and had bought a PAL console locally. Glad I only live in Europe and never even considered PAL an option... I really can't complain about the flow of games on the US NTSC platform.

By the time Europe gets Super Paper Mario I'll probably be playing Galaxy.

I still check my friendly Canadian exporter once in a while out of curiosity. I never found it in stock except for this one time when it was my turn to place an order.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Analyst Predicts Wii Shortages to Continue
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2007, 05:26:53 AM »
Maybe they should just break their/they're/there region down into sub-regions with different release dates.

No because EU laws state that you can't restrict sales to one part of the EU so if they released the UK version first the rest of Europe could buy that. Means people will buy the game before it's officially sold to them! The horror!

PC games somehow manage to come out in Europe on the same day (or at least week) as in the US. Some console publishers (e.g. EA) even manage that. Why can't a company as f###ing huge as Nintendo get that done?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2007, 08:45:07 AM »
Because their not one company.  Their really a whole lot a of little companies they license for.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 11:07:41 AM »
Iwata says shortages are "abnormal," and "promised production was being boosted to increase deliveries by next month"

"Next month" is a far cry from 2009, Nintendo is not that troglodytic.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070427/ap_on_hi_te/japan_nintendo
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 01:05:41 PM »
14 million consoles in a fiscal year is a little conservative for my tastes. I think Nintendo is waiting for the bubble to burst.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.