Author Topic: Im Getting an SP, What game do I get?  (Read 1829 times)

Offline NintendoKiD

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Im Getting an SP, What game do I get?
« on: May 14, 2003, 06:04:17 PM »
OK you GBA SP pros I got some questions for ya. Im thinking about getting a platinum SP (doesnt come in black so I cant get that) now whats THE must have game? I was thinking Pokemon or Golden Sun...but I'm not sure. I want something thats going to keep me busy, challeneged, and be fun.
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Im Getting an SP, What game do I get?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 10:46:35 PM »
well i guess you like RPG's given the two suggested suggestions you listed are them, so yeah, get ruby and or saphire, or golden sun, both great games, then there is ofcourse golden sun 2, ive heard great things about advance wars, metroid fusion is great great fun, any of the mario advance games are great for nostalgic value

also this -is- a poll, so like my BEST advice would be to read some reveiws you lazy ass no poll threads

perhaps there should be a sticky 'what game should i get' thread for this forum, ala the one in gamecube discussion

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 01:40:28 PM »
That's a pretty hard question, since there are sooo many great games for the GBA...

I'd say, any of the castlevania games to start -- not much story, but they have a great smooth difficulty curve and are just completely fun to play (indeed, addictive).

[Luckily with an SP, you won't be bothered by the rather dark color color palette used on the first one, which annoyed many people with original GBAs.]

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 05:58:18 AM »
Advance Wars will keep you challenged for a LOONG time as the game is absolutly huge.
Pokemon is also really good, but it's addictive factor means your liable to finish the game and racking up 70 hours of gameplay in about a week.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline rpglover

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Im Getting an SP, What game do I get?
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2003, 05:14:26 AM »
yeah the castlevanias are good- as is metroid fusion
rpgs are plentiful and i would suggest a number of them including golden sun 1+2, lufia, breath of fire 1+2, lunar legend
the mario advance games are good if you never played any of them
for racing too there is mario kart and fzero
i think you will find a game you like
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 01:09:27 PM »
poll
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers