Author Topic: Advance Wars.....why not?  (Read 3774 times)

Offline LeylineMaster

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Advance Wars.....why not?
« on: May 10, 2003, 08:57:20 PM »
I've noticed a patren in a lot of forums, this one included where Advance Wars comes up in the context of, "Well i have some money, and it got good reviews, what do you think about it?" promply, everyone with the game says they should buy it, but the topic mysertiously drifs away.

I don't see why people can't take the plunge on this game. It's in my opinion still the best game for the GBA and now it's relativly cheap. Also on topic sort of, who else is vividly awaiting Advance Wars 2?
http://www.talkgaming.com

the place to talk about gaming, erm, i gusse you can do that here too, but we have um less users so it's less confusing? (it's not not confusing than why am I consused?)

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2003, 03:09:43 AM »
I personally CANNOT wait for Advance Wars 2.  I loved the first, and I still haven't beaten it yet either!  But it's a great game.  Bring on Black Hole Rising!!!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2003, 07:26:32 AM »
yeah advance wars was a great game on the gba- so much to do- you could never run out of replayability
advance wars 2 will kick some serious ass
new campaign, new maps, the map-maker- its all going to be there (i think)
even if the game is advance wars with just new maps i will love it
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Jollus

• View Profile
RE: Advance Wars.....why not?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2003, 02:16:31 PM »
Some day I need to push my way through and finish the campaign in Advance Wars.  I got to what I think is the 2/3 mark and just stopped for some reason.  But I suppose Super Puzzle Fighter 2 has something to do with it .

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2003, 08:30:20 AM »

... the topic mysertiously drifs away.

anyone else find it humorous that the topic of this thread has "mysteriously drifted away"?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline muzein

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2003, 10:08:17 PM »
I wish I would have bought it sooner.  First GB game I have truely been addicted to.  Went through 3 charges of my SP in 4 days when I got it.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2003, 06:11:23 AM »
It's a great game btu i think that advance wars 2 will be a waste. The new unts look gimmicky and there was nothing that they could conceivably improve upon without changing the whole formula of the game. I'll just save my money and not buy Advance wars 2
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline muzein

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2003, 08:32:17 AM »
I dunno, quite a few cool new features.  CO powers have 2 stages, More CO's, New Campaign, More Maps, new Unit, sprite editing (atleast color)....sounds worth it to me

Course I only got Advance Wars a couple months ago, so still alot of stuff for me to do in that.

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2003, 12:02:03 AM »
if advance wars 2 is just a copy with new maps and a few new wepons I'll be more then happy. I don't want an all new game.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2003, 10:48:35 PM »
I never played this, but I tryed (borrowed from a friend for use during Chemistry) and I was totally lost. I didn't know what the hell I was doing, didn't find it fun becuase of that. I hope theres not a steep learning curving (ikaruga anyone?).
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2003, 03:51:09 AM »
Didn't you do the training missions? it briefs you on controls and later tactics and senarios and CO power. After train, you are good to good play against someone or th campain.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2003, 09:08:06 AM »
No I just went into the one of the missioins (didn't think I needed the training mission).
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline TheCouch123

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2003, 03:14:49 PM »
I know this is dumb but in Advance Wars how often do you have to press the start button?  
I am so bored.