Author Topic: I Just Saw StarWars...  (Read 15827 times)

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: I Just Saw StarWars...
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2005, 05:34:22 PM »
To many lines are forced.... primarily by Hayden Christensen (Anakin) and Natalie Portman (Padme) - although Hayden gets the crown I say.

"I miss you ..... **so** ..... **much**." by Anakin in Episode II referring to shmi .... I hated the delivery of that line... did they only do one take of that scene? was there no better delivery of that line?  Both of them aren't much better in Episode 3.

Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan Kenobi) does a very good job though.  (another episode 2 example, is Obi-Wan in the dinner - might just be one of the most natural scenes of the movie)

The other problem is that sometime they just have to say stupid things that don't quite flow - then it doesn't matter who you are.

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2005, 06:35:07 PM »
There's just plain no way to have Darth Vader scream "Noooo!" in an anguished manner and make it sound decent.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2005, 08:59:36 PM »
Yes and for those things (bad lines no mater what) I can't blame the actor, they were instructed to say it.  I blame the director instead.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2005, 04:04:53 AM »
Ok at this point we can mostly agree that Geoge hacked the prequals.

The acting was in general of a lower quality with special mention to Hayden.

CGI was overblown and generaly unconvincing.

The dialoge was poor.
l
Plot and chronological holes and loopholes pepper the prequals as if fired from a belt-fed automatic shotgun hooked up to an ammo factory.

Ewan McGregor tried his best.

Vadar Can't scream NOOOOOOO.

!!!!Most people can actually agree with Ian Sane on a topic!!!!

Geoge Lucas is still a Hack with suggestions of "thrown out of airlock" and "into sun" being mentioned.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2005, 08:43:15 AM »
Episode III didn't even feel like a movie, it felt like a 2 and a half hour fanservice. At least Episodes I and II (for as bad as they were) were wholly self-contained movies with well defined beginnings, middles, and ends.  

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
RE:I Just Saw StarWars...
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2005, 04:26:48 PM »

Originally posted by: jasonditz
Episode III didn't even feel like a movie, it felt like a 2 and a half hour fanservice. At least Episodes I and II (for as bad as they were) were wholly self-contained movies with well defined beginnings, middles, and ends.

I guess you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. It's the 3rd part to a 6-part saga, how can it feel self contained when you already know what has to happen. Not the second Matrix or LotR movies seemed to be stand alone films so why should Episode 3. What happens if they make Episode 0, 800 years before Episode 1 when Yoda was a padawan. Will the par still be so high.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Robotor

• The Robot Knight
    • View Profile
RE:I Just Saw StarWars...
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2005, 09:21:19 PM »
Darth's daily tragedies

I-mockery goes behind the scences and joins Darth Vader in an average day.  It seems screaming "NOOOOOO!!!!" is completly natural.
It may be simple, but it ain't easy.