Author Topic: Official NFL Discussion: If You Only Count The Legal Points, KC Wins  (Read 374748 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Yo the 'Hawks dominated the Niners, broskis!

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
That wasn't even a game, it was a total massacre. On the one hand, thorough beatdowns can be enjoyable. On the other hand, a beatdown is less fun to watch when you were expecting an actual game.

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
I always enjoy a good beat 'em down. Even if it's the team I root for on the wrong end of it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
So it's looking like it's pretty much a done deal that Chip Kelly, currently the head coach at the University of Oregon, is going to be the new coach of the Browns. He's done a great job at Oregon, but I don't know that his style can translate to the NFL. On the plus side, it sounds like Dick Jauron may stay on at Defensive Coordinator, so the defense, which has been very good the last couple years, may remain largely unchanged.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
I actually felt pretty bad for Joe Webb yesterday. Yikes...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Hawks wiped out the 'Skins, dudebros!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Well my Seahawks certainly didn't beat the real RGIII.  When his leg gave out when he was just going for the blown snap, that was ugly.  I couldn't help but think "what if this is the guy's whole career, right here?  One season, blows everyone away, and then done."

But the Seahawks are still a good team and we got a chance against the Falcons because, you know, they always fold in the playoffs.  Over the previous seasons of the Pete Carroll era I could never relax on offense.  When Hasselbeck was healthy it was alright, but otherwise I was always anxious.  At the start of this season I was the same way but at this point, I just assume Wilson will deliver the goods the same as any of the good quarterbacks in the league.  That's a nice feeling.

When Minnesota made the playoffs and Adrian Peterson missed the record by a mere 9 yards, I almost felt it would have been worth it to intentionally stay with the tie and risk it all in overtime because then he would surely get the record and the Vikings were almost certainly not going far in the playoffs anyway.  The fact that they had to play their embarrasingly shitty backup and had no chance in hell, was it worth it?  Was jobbing like a bitch in the first round worth AP MISSING the record by a first down?  "We made the playoffs" is not that much of an accomplishment compared to "our player has the record for most rushing yards in a season".  It was clear that Minnesota was not going to win the Superbowl and if you can't do that it doesn't really matter if you make the playoffs or not.  And they still could have possibly won in overtime.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
I'd be surprised if the Seahawks DON'T win against the Falcons. They've got the best defense in the NFL and the Falcons probably aren't as good as their record implies. I'm definitely rooting for the Seahawks because 49ers/Packers vs Seahawks will make for a much more interesting NFC championship game than 49ers/Packers vs Falcons. Falcons are just kinda boring. And as much as I need the Packers to get eliminated as soon as possible, I cannot deny the allure of a possible Seahawks - Packers rematch in Lambeau. That's tasty.

Offline Do_What

• View Profile
The Falcons are just primed to lose this game. It's what they do. Doesn't matter how good a team they are.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
I still expect a better performance from the Falcons than they put up in their last playoff game, though.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Remember that time the refs blew a pass interference call which gave gave the Ravens an interception over the Broncos and ruined the game?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
So instead of wanting to kill Golden Tate after seeing Week 3 20,000 times this week, I'll just return to my default state of hoping Ray Lewis tears every ligament in his knee.

Hey Packers: GOOD JOB! GOOD EFFORT!
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
I was originally going to try to test this site's language filter, but I'll instead try to come up with some sarcastic summary of the Packers' defense later on.

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
That coverage on Flacco's 70 yard touchdown throw at the end of the fourth was so bad. The corner gave up and lord only knows what Moore was doing. Flacco's throw was such a floater, and I mean both meanings of that word. Not to diminish their victory, but that was so bad. I'll be rooting for the Ravens next week no matter who they play.

I'm glad the Packers are dead, but I'm not nearly as thrilled by their demise as I was last year against the Giants. Kaepernick looked like QB Jesus tonight but it's tough to tell how much of that is because he's the second coming and how much is due to the Packers' poor run defense. We'll see how he does next week against the Seahawks. Hopefully.

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
Damn, that was a hell of a game. Props to the Falcons, even though they nearly blew it.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Hawks pooped the bed in the first half, my Broheims. :(

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Ugh, I hate the Patriots but I don't want to root for the Ravens either. I was hoping that the Texans would beat the Patriots. Well, guess in the Super Bowl I will root for the 49ers or Falcons.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
I remember when the 49ers played the Patriots a couple of weeks ago on SNF, Chris Collinsworth asked if we were watching a preview of the Super Bowl...he may be correct. That was a great game.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Hawks game was a damn rollercoaster of emotion.  First I'm thinking "****, we're going to get blown out by the choke artist Falcons?!"  Then the comeback was on and I was totally believing it, mostly in the "Altanta would totally blow it like this" way.  And then the stupid icing the kicker crap!  ARRGH!! How is giving the other team a practice kick a good strategy?  Yet, every coach does it.

Then Altanta goofs the punt and I was thinking "holy **** we could do it" again, and again it was because if you were to write the perfect backbreaking loss for Falcons fan wouldn't that be the way to do it?  They blow a 20 point lead, miraculously come back in the last 30 seconds and then give up a hail mary TD because of a botched punt?  I guess it's a too perfect fictional idea since it didn't happen.

While I'm obviously disappointed since Seattle could have won that game if they scored in the first half, I'm incredibly confident in next season.  Russell Wilson is for REAL.  He completed the comeback and then the defence let him down.  And he still makes rookie mistakes so how good is going to be in a few years?

Offline Do_What

• View Profile
The Falcons WANTED to lose. It was so obvious. Those dudes puckered up so super hard at the end there. If they had lost that game the Georgia Dome might have dissolved. It was awesome.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
I went 0 for 4 this weekend. Football sucks and I hates it.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

HARBAUGH LEWIS HARBAUGH LEWIS HARBAUGH LEW
* Shaymin explodes in a ball of sheer rage
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Harbaugh Bowl 2013.

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
Somewhere in Europe, Greg Leahy is smiling. And that makes me smile.

Brady's window is beginning to close.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Suck on that Brady. I hate the Patriots with a passion and will always root for whoever plays against them.

As for 49ers-Ravens, I am not a fan of either team.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20