Author Topic: Election Time: Time to vote me into office.  (Read 13816 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE:Election Time: Time to vote me into office.
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 04:07:04 PM »
Well, it's been a most interesting day. In case you missed it, here are some of the highlights.

Sir_Stabbalot said the following:

I'm nearly certain it's Khush's dupe. He's the only one who can run circles around me intellectually like that

TVMan also had this to say:

As the Leader of the Funhouse, I promise to do nothing

and let's not discuss the disaster that is thatguy's campaign.

Like I said, this should be a fast election.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 04:08:56 PM »

Originally posted by: Khushrenada
Do you have a particular forum software in mind? I'll admit my knowledge of different forum types is limited but of all the ones I've seen and been on, this seems to be the best that I have seen. Of course, I'm always interested in improving the quality of NWR and if there is a better forum out there to better suit the needs of NWR and its users, then I definitely think the option should be looked at.

Personally, I'm not really in tune with it either, but I've heard a lot of complaints about FuseTalk. While it will serve, may people prefer other systems to it.

PhpBB is an open-source forum software, widely used and free. There's also VBulletin, which is not free but considered by many to be better then phpBB due to the ease of setup. Then there's this SMF thing that's based on phpBB but is much more moddable, and then there's all the others... Yeah, I was really hoping you knew more then me.

EDIT: Damn I took my foot and placed it firmly in my mouth. And Khush noticed it.

...Maybe I should withdraw...  
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 04:23:12 PM »

Originally posted by: Sir_Stabbalot
EDIT: Damn I took my foot and placed it firmly in my mouth. And Khush noticed it.

...Maybe I should withdraw...

I think you should. You've just given everyone the impression you can't win.

Don't feel so bad though. I predicted this long ago. I said that by making a negative campaign for myself would cause my competitors to make a positive campaign for me instead. And now you have. And as I mentioned and you have now pointed out, I have more intellect than my opponents.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 04:49:56 PM »
Well, I guess the Q & A is done for today. Thank you all for coming out and I hope to see you many times on the trail. I'm always up for a soundbite. I know many of you are curious as to my next move and I will anounce it tomorrow.

If you still need answers to anything, feel free to post them here. My volunteers will see to it that I get your message.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 12:45:38 AM »
Since I just owned myself, I withdraw from this election. The Xenophobic Party now supports Khushrenada.

Seriously, if NWR is looking to add someone to the staff, Khush is the best bet.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Election Time: Time to vote me into office.
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2007, 02:58:53 AM »
Do you even own a Wii?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2007, 08:57:02 AM »
Is that question directed at me or my new head of Public Relations, Sir_Stabbalot?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2007, 10:36:42 AM »
You.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2007, 11:00:53 AM »
How do you stand on fite games and music games and WoW?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2007, 11:13:09 AM »
They all suck unless they are called Soul Calibur?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2007, 11:20:45 AM »

Originally posted by: S-U-P-E-R
How do you stand on fite games and music games and WoW?

I have not played many fighting games. I played quite a few with my SNES but nowadays, it is just usually Smash Bros. I actually do like fighting games. There's just something so wonderfully simplestic about them yet deeply complex. Nothing like a good chess match fight. But then, you can almost view any game where you are in direct combat with another player as a fighting game. And I relish a good fight.

Music games are different. It depends on what the music game is. Donkey Konga I enjoyed. Rythym Tengoku I would love to try. And I'm not to good at DDR. But something like Parappa the rapper doesn't interest me too much.

WoW. I don't own it but I have a couple friends who do own it and play it. They seem to enjoy it quite abit. Using the Pap64 logic, if my friends like it so should I. Plus, I do like its success. Nothing like success.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2007, 11:26:46 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
Do you even own a Wii?

My Wii is my business.

That said, I do not want people to get the wrong impression. Many people have said that I am just trying to become staff here so that the fine people at NWR will send me a Wii. Well, let me assure you, that is not true.

No, I am following the stance I have given on the Wii for now. To do otherwise would be hypocritical. Well, that and the fact that it lets me sleep at night.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2007, 11:31:16 AM »
Smooth, indirect answering like that could make you the next Peter Main. You've got my vote.

They all suck unless they are called Soul Calibur?

SC1 and SC2 were pretty good but not the best. SC3 was terrible

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2007, 12:28:54 PM »
Khush, if you think working here nabs you free systems, then you're dearly mistaken.

*looks at his free Zelda Edition GBA SP, and then chuckles, knowing that he's mislead them all*
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2007, 12:47:20 PM »
Let's take a moment to reflect. In my campaign announcement, I said there were quite a few problems here at NWR. Bloodworth has now posted a message showing one of these problems.

I also stated that my opponents would be confused by my campaign and praise me instead. Sir_Stabbalot showed this to be true.

I was also asked if I would be banned. I posted the following:

First of all, I launched my campaign in the funhouse, so I should have the backing of TY. He loves when news happens in his forum.

To which Ty has replied:

Originally posted by: S-U-P-E-R
You've got my vote.

Everything is proceeding exactly as I have forseen. What do you say, Windy? My campaign is growing by the day so it will only be a matter of time anyways. Why not just get it over with and make me staff instead of waiting?  

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2007, 04:02:42 PM »
Do you now see the wisdom of our sovereign? Truly, resistance is futile.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2007, 04:13:25 PM »
Welcome aboard. Glad you decided to take me up on my offer. It's always good to project a strong, decisive, straight-shooting image. I know you'll work hard to do this.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2007, 04:19:37 PM »
You're a crook that likes to crossdress.  

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2007, 04:44:44 PM »

Originally posted by: Caliban
You're a crook that likes to crossdress.

I cannot speak on my leader's personal matters.

Originally posted by: Khushrenada
Welcome aboard. Glad you decided to take me up on my offer. It's always good to project a strong, decisive, straight-shooting image. I know you'll work hard to do this.

Some have called me a collaborator for working with you. I say what could be more glorious than collaboration? Alone I am nothing, but with you, mein Kaiser, I am strong.  

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2007, 11:37:04 AM »
Oh ho!  

This should be interesting. I hear someone submitted a question to the mailbag asking why I haven't been made staff. I wonder if Windyman will answer that question or will he dodge the issue? I can't wait for the mailbag tonight.

Just thought I'd warn my supporters to be ready for to march in protest if the current regime tries to suppress the facts. That Orange revolution will be nothing compared to the Oz revolution.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
By the way, here's another solid Khushrenada idea.

If we have an Animal Crossing Trading Post, why don't we have a Pokemon trading post? It would make things a lot easier for all these new people to know where to post their trading requests or requests for battle.

I know we'll still get the odd person posting trades in the DS thread but if need be, one can move the thread to the forum it belongs to instead of cluttering things up with a bunch of locked threads.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
I still think we just need an online gaming talk thread not called Smack Talk, so that people don't think the forum is limited.  I think an entire forum for one game's online component is too much, even if it is Pokemon.  The Animal Crossing forum kind of shows that.  That way, you could check the forum, and see what people have to say about all the online games at once, as well as allowing people to comfortably make topics about all the games without fear of repercussion of any sort.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Aren't you too long-winded to be staff?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Dasmos
Aren't you too long-winded to be staff?

No.

I just follow Iwata's example.

In another news, can someone explain what the heck is going on? I was told there was some thread exposing Caliban in the funhouse. I couldn't find it. I asked Caliban about it. He thinks it got deleted. What happened? Where's my staff? You are supposed to be informing me about these matters.