Author Topic: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.  (Read 103297 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.
« Reply #425 on: March 26, 2009, 08:41:38 PM »
Replace "guy wearing a burlap sack with a chain saw" with "guy wearing mask with large ax" and that's Resident Evil 5's corresponding opening chapter. The only difference is that there's no where to stand your ground for long. It's shoot, strike (roid arm) and run. RE5 opening is actually harder.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #426 on: March 26, 2009, 10:30:18 PM »
No way. RE4's village is more difficult than the Executioner and his horde. I wish there were exploding barrels and electrified transformers in the village. Hell, it'd be nice if you could spook the cow to kick a few villagers. Though the chainsaw guy in RE4 doesn't show if you don't run in the houses so it doesn't have to be 'as' hard as it could be. I'd also like to start the game with weapons I picked up in later levels without taking the first play-thru all the way to the end.

I'm also pretty sure RE4's timer doesn't start till you wipe out the first wave, while you just have to survive a set time limit in RE5.

Anyway, no, the levels do not mirror each other. More like homages ;) Though dissapointingly no combining jewels with goblets to make a super lion-goblet with a blazing sword. Upgrading and selling items is tons easier, without the charm of the weapon dealer. Its a give and take with the end result more on the tilt of Gears of War and less Resident Evil.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #427 on: March 27, 2009, 12:00:31 AM »
You could just run straight to the village exit to find the "easter egg" chainsaw guy, kill him, then run into the house to trigger him again for more fun, before the timer runs out.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 27, 2009, 01:25:18 AM »
I thought the village in RE4 was really easy. The house at the top right corner of the village has a locked door to a room with no windows. As long as you get most of the ammo and the shot gun, you can stand your ground in that room even with the chainsaw guy.

At the same time, maybe I thought RE5 was harder because I was babysitting Sheva.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #429 on: March 27, 2009, 02:52:24 AM »
I thought the opening horde sequence in RE5 was pretty tough...the first time through. I replayed it with a friend and brought the Magnum I'd found in a later chapter. Axe dude went down after like five shots to the noggin, and then we found a spot near the "exit" point where we could just stand on the second floor of a building and blast Mojini until they ran out of dudes. Also, the Magnum is really kickass.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #430 on: March 27, 2009, 03:03:55 AM »
I thought the village in RE4 was really easy. The house at the top right corner of the village has a locked door to a room with no windows. As long as you get most of the ammo and the shot gun, you can stand your ground in that room even with the chainsaw guy.

This is also true.  In fact you don't need to hole yourself up in any room of the village.  Just fancy footwork and your knife.  Put the gun away for once.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 27, 2009, 05:35:22 AM »
I think I remained in the open during the RE4 opening and just slowly made my way through the area until the time was suddently up.