Author Topic: PlayStation4 - News/Rumor/Speculation - Over 1 Million Sold on Day 1  (Read 411566 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: PlayStation4 - News/Rumor/Speculation - (Pics inside)
« Reply #1150 on: November 09, 2013, 01:24:19 PM »
I'm a bit suprised we haven't had Littlebig planet announced  for the PS4 yet.

a decent sized video of the PS4 UI.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 09, 2013, 02:12:03 PM »
Did the Vita version sell well? Our the karting game?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 10, 2013, 10:03:13 AM »
http://player.cnevids.com/embed/52783b2eee3ec9021500000f/5176e89e68f9daff42000013

Link above is for a video tear down of the PS4. Pretty interesting - very similar to the PS3 Slim design. Disappointed with the Blu Ray drive design (again). The Wii/Wii U have a much better design for their optical drives, similar to a slim drive on a PC. Other than that it looks pretty cool.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 11, 2013, 09:58:13 AM »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 11, 2013, 11:34:15 AM »
Nice Graphic.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: November 12, 2013, 03:28:56 PM »

WB Games announced a new LOTR game called Mordor for all current and next gen systems expect the one.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/12/december-2013-shadow-of-mordor-67498.aspx

Rayman Legends is coming to both next gen systems early next year.

Amazon is selling PSN content now
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/12/psn-digital-content-now-available-on-amazon-com/

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 13, 2013, 09:37:58 AM »
Shots of the UI

Login

What's New

Live Details

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 13, 2013, 09:41:19 AM »
Reviews are finally coming in for Knack and Killzone 4.  Knack was blasted for being to simple/boring while KZ4 fared a bit better with stunning graphics with crappy story mode which is pretty much an trademark for the whole KZ franchise. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:45:12 AM by ymeegod »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 13, 2013, 01:12:06 PM »
And for some fucking reason no one is concentrating on the multiplayer. Just like the morons who concentrated on reviewing B4's singleplayer.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 13, 2013, 01:49:51 PM »
Were the Server's up at the time.

Anywho what is everyone's PSN ID's so we can add each other. Mine is shingi_70.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 13, 2013, 01:56:22 PM »
Ceric its in my profile
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 13, 2013, 04:29:07 PM »
Just thought I'd throw out a little warning to anybody who was planning on picking up Battlefield 4 at launch with their PS4.  The game has been a buggy mess for the last couple of weeks, and most people have been experiencing crashes, both client and server.  This goes for both PC and last-gen consoles.  I hadn't seen any mentions of these issues in reviews, so you might want to wait things out before picking it up on PS4.  EA/DICE put out a patch today, so some of the issues may have been resolved, but I saw reports of people having problems logging in to Origin, so they may have broken something there, too.  Multiplayer is a blast when it works, though, so you should definitely look to pick it up.

I'm kind of glad to see mostly average reviews for the games so far.  NBA 2k14 and Killzone were really starting to get to me, but I think I'll hold out at least until Christmas.  I'm still really hyped for Destiny and a next-gen MLB The Show.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 13, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »
How to Pre-download the PS4 Patch

I'll Probably go ahead and do this tonight.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 13, 2013, 06:09:37 PM »
The UI on the PS4 looks very similar to Windows 8. It actually looks more cluttered to me.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 13, 2013, 08:37:15 PM »
Dude on gaf is saying that media Molecule will be teaming up with quesay Games (sound shapes) on a new Parapa the Rapper game for Vita/PS4.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 13, 2013, 09:01:12 PM »
I'm taking the reviews released today with a grain of salt, considering I've had serious issues with the gaming media this year (and to a larger extent, this generation) when it comes to reviews. I've hated several games the gaming media practically lined up to give blow jobs to (Bioshock Infinite, GTA 5, etc.), and I've really liked several games the gaming media practically set out to hate since the moment they were announced (Lost Planet 3, most of the lineup on the Vita, Sly Cooper 4, etc.).

While I'm happy that Killzone: Shadow Fall is reviewing very well (along with Infamous: Second Son, it is the game I bought the PS4 for, after all), I've felt like the media has had it in for Knack since it was unveiled back in February (IMO, because it was a cartoony platformer/brawler intended to appeal to children rather than a "serious game"). While I never thought the game would be "amazing" or anything, it's always looked like a solid game that would hit somewhere in that 6.5-7.0 range with the potential for more based on individual tastes. I'm not surprised that's around where it hit, and as I've seen scores ranging from a 5.0 to a 7.0, I think it's fair to say the game has some redeeming value that perhaps could extend into an improved sequel later on.  I already have my copy, and I think I'm probably going to enjoy it, but I can understand why others wouldn't.  At the very least, it's a new IP in a genre that needs new IPs, and it's a nice companion piece to Killzone.

I am pleased to see that Contrast and Resogun seem to be reviewing well as well. Contrast in particular seems especially interesting to me, even if it really doesn't seem like a game that "needs" the power of the PS3.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 13, 2013, 09:31:44 PM »
Modern Reviewers are mostly awful.
I have little interest in Knack, but I want it to succeed just because I want to see more 3D platformers.

Knack for Battle Royale 2: The DOTA Clone?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:02:09 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 13, 2013, 10:46:40 PM »
Knack looks really from the livestreams I've watched today.

Offline ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 14, 2013, 12:37:53 AM »
I actually read the reviews and not just look at the score.  There's some things I can forgive that others can't but going by what was said about the game; it's humorless without an a lot of banter between the characters, stale gameplay since it only has a 3-hit combo that you learn from the beginning of the game.

I was actually looking forward to Knack the most out of the next-gen launch titles but those are some glaring flaws IMO for the type of game I expected it to be.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 14, 2013, 01:37:23 AM »

Knack looks really WHAT!!??? c'mon tell us!! the suspense is killing me.

Offline ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: November 14, 2013, 01:54:43 AM »

"WhAt dO ya mEan?"--Shingi

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 14, 2013, 02:34:25 AM »
It always looked mediocre from day one.

I also watched Killzone quick look yesterday. I literally fell asleep halfway through.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 14, 2013, 03:43:36 AM »
It always looked mediocre from day one.

I also watched Killzone quick look yesterday. I literally fell asleep halfway through.

Yeah, I watched that Quick Look too and it was pretty terrible. It didn't help that the guy playing the game completely sucked at the game and wasn't even trying to really play with the game's features or level design, so he was constantly dying while trying to play extremely stupidly. He literally played the game the most boring way you could: get behind cover, send your OWL out to shoot a few times,  & then run into gunfire.  Considering how you can see the devs playing that same level in the PS4 reveal footage, the Giant Bomb crew definitely wasn't really trying with that game.

This is actually something I've had an issue with with the Giant Bomb guys for a while now with their Quick Looks. They're usually great, but sometimes (Silent Hill Downpour, Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, Killzone: Shadow Fall, etc.) they're really terrible because A) the guy playing doesn't really give a **** And/Or B) the guy playing the game sucks at it, showing a level of incompetency I've never run into playing the game.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 14, 2013, 03:52:53 AM »
While GB in general and Gerstmann especially have definitely lost the spark of excitement gamers should have about games, i don't think it was their fault in this particular case.

It's just the game itself looks too sterile and by the books.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 14, 2013, 04:05:12 AM »
While GB in general and Gerstmann especially have definitely lost the spark of excitement gamers should have about games, i don't think it was their fault in this particular case.

It's just the game itself looks too sterile and by the books.

That's the thing, though: just about every review I've seen of the game has praised the game's open level design & your freedom to pursue objectives and tactics however you want. Just looking at that first campaign scenario shown off the Quick Look, I would have sniped the Sniper on the wall, climbed the left wall, deployed my Owl to stun or distract the group of enemies below, and dive-bombed them behind.  Maybe I'd just use the OWL's zip line function to drop on top of one of them for a quick kill.  I generally played heavy stealth in Mercenaries earlier this year, so I favor alternative routes and misdirection when they're available.

So what do the Giant Bomb team do when they do a Quick Look? They run up the center of the level guns blazing and treat the game like a corridor shooter, and that's exactly the experience they got (dying several times quite stupidly, I might add).  Maybe the game hadn't done a good job of conveying to them the level of freedom you have in approaching scenarios, or maybe they're just lazy and don't care "because it's Killzone".  Either way, I just want to emphasize that you can make the most amazing game look utterly terrible if you really don't care to tap into the game's systems. As a fan of a certain cartoony brawler that puts heavy emphasis on not just "button mashing", I'd think you'd understand and appreciate the significance of how players choose to play a game.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:07:12 AM by broodwars »