Author Topic: RFN RetroActive Discussion (Game #2: Luigi's Mansion)  (Read 26818 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: RFN RetroActive Discussion (Game #2: Luigi's Mansion)
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2009, 04:43:05 PM »
testing 1,2,3
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2009, 05:56:14 PM »
testing 1,2,3

Is there something wrong with the site? I'm noticing odd things on the forums like no icons changing when there are new posts.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline The Traveller

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2009, 08:54:36 PM »
Ah Luigi's Mansion. It really is a fun little game that I have played through at least 3-4 times since I got it on the Australian Launch day. Although there is a bit of a funny story with how I ended up owning it. I was in EB with my family and was deciding on the second game that I was going to buy, I was contemplating Luigi or Star Wars. But my sister ended up just yelling Luigi and the sales person just rushed off and got it. So I had my mind made up for me.

Anyway, something that I dont think has been mentioned in regards to the games length, was at the time, people such as Miyamoto had been saying in various interviews about making smaller shorter games to have a quicker turn around time between first party releases.

Btw my sister became a fan of the game and was able to do quite well at the game, with no real prior gaming experience. Although I dont think she ever did beat the final boss. And your right Jonny the pay off isnt worth it..

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2009, 09:02:01 PM »
No idea what's up with the forums.

I recall having trouble with the final boss, too.... Oddly, I think I had more trouble on subsequent playthroughs. I totally forgot how to beat him. (Actually, now that I think about it, I've had similar Senior Plumber moments when replaying the Wind Waker recently....)
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2009, 12:15:04 AM »
Is there something wrong with the site? I'm noticing odd things on the forums like no icons changing when there are new posts.

Aaron tells me that the forums are going through an update, and the database/index is regenerating.  Apparently this process takes several days to finish.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 04:47:33 AM »

Aaron tells me that the forums are going through an update, and the database/index is regenerating.  Apparently this process takes several days to finish.

That explains a lot. I hope it goes smoothly.
My Game Collection

Offline Snipper64

• View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2009, 04:27:37 PM »
What I had always loved about Lugi's mansion that NO mario game could beat was collecting money. You may not think of it, but it is bloody fun shaking every little item to try to find a hidden goody, or look for hidden blue mice/ghost, and hidden goodies like the hidden money room where you have to scan a hidden mouse hole to get into it.

In every mario game, you collect 100 coins, you get a 1-up, in Mario64, and sunshine, you even get a star. For galexy it was REAL disapointed you ONLY get a star for collecting 100 purple coins, and you CAN'T MISS ONE OF THOSE F@#KERS! I dispise Galexy for that... For lugi mansion on the other hand, money was COMPLETELY optional, you DIDN'T need if for extra lives, it was just so you could try to get the biggest possible house at the end of the game. In theory it doesn't sound too fun, but for example, when you figure out to water that seed into a flower THROUGHOUT the game outside next to doghouse, you get MANY riches when you do it right!

Also, as you may know, Pearls from big ghost are roughly Half of your money, so the better you defeat a ghost, the more large pearls you get, and the more money you get. And also the more pearls, in theghost gallery the frame of that ghost will be copper, silver or gold depending on the amount.

There are MANY MORE things I could say about Lugi's Mansion I like, but I'll end here, I just wanted to point out the overlooked money system. :D
I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

VOTE FOR CHOANIKI! you know you want too...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2009, 07:36:17 PM »
I didn't know that about the pearls and the ghost frames. I'll keep that in mind while I go through the secret mansion.
My Game Collection

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2009, 12:41:42 AM »
That's pretty interesting about the picture frames.  I did notice that the pearls dropped get larger if you manage to vacuum a ghost for a long time without being thrown off.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Snipper64

• View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2009, 06:29:14 PM »
No one mentioned it but you can use the gameboy horror to scan a mirror and telaport back to lobby! It's slow to travle the mansion, but you can get to the lobby very fast!

Also, seeing how alot of you are new to the game, here is a secret money room I was talking about earlyer...

Got to the room that the butler with candle went too, use game boy horror and look at bottem right wall, you will see a mouse hole. Scan it!! and you will get a nice gift ;P
I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2009, 06:32:07 PM »
Is anyone going to try and finish the secret mansion?
I'm tempted to try it.
My Game Collection

Offline Snipper64

• View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2009, 06:37:01 PM »
I finished the secret mansion 5 times... I like this game :)