Author Topic: And now it is time for a list of the true Nintendo Gaming Heroes.  (Read 13873 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Khushrenada
Steefosaurus
ejamer
pokepal148
TYP
Stratos
NWR_DrewMG
Fatty The Hutt
stevey
Bustin98
Mop it up

These forum users are the greatest Nintendo gamers because they are still playing on the Wii U in the back half of 2019. Who needs a Switch? There's still so much to be played on the Wii U yet. (Although some may have just been looking up their old Mario Maker courses to put on the Switch.) So many people have abandoned it creating such gaming waste. Thank goodness for these few who, like the native Americans using every part of the buffalo, are making sure they completely use their Wii U systems to the full as they recognize how much it still has to give. They recognize all the greatness Nintendo put into this system.

I salute all of you!

« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 11:42:07 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: And now it is time for a list of the true Nintendo Gaming Heroes.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 12:51:05 AM »
Wii U had better online than the Switch, FACT.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 04:09:38 PM »
It's a bit of a toss up for me.

Wii U had Miiverse, Switch games tend to have better online integration and NES online is a thing.

But Wii U has plenty of stuff for me to go back to.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 07:14:20 PM »
Yes, I'm a true Nintendo patriot. (And not just because I'm too poor to buy a new console. Not entirely, at least.)

Although recently I've been playing more Wii games than Wii U. My backlog is strong, young gamers.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 07:39:36 PM »
I've been doing Captain Toad and Pushmo World on my system.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 03:40:19 PM »
My Wii U isn't online any more, but I've been using Wii Fit U in place of buying a bathroom scale.

I still keep saying I'm gonna play Bayonetta on that thing, and maybe one day I will.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 06:01:03 PM »
I wrapped up Captain Toad on the weekend and now I've gone back to finishing up Kirby's 20th Anniversary Edition while chipping away at Pushmo World. Like ejamer, I may be using my Wii U as a Wii for awhile since my plan after completing Kirby's 20th is to finally get around to playing one or all of Super Paper Mario, Metroid: Other M and/or LOZ: Skyward Sword to finally see what all the fuss is about for those games. Really fell out of gaming during the later half of the Wii era and have slowly been trying to fill in some of those big blanks. 3DS really helped pull me back into gaming and I'm usually playing a bit of something on my 3DS every day even now.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 07:47:06 PM »
Amusingly, all but one of the people on my Wii U friends list have been active within the last month. Granted I don't have a lot of folks on there (hey, add me! Username is the same as on here!), but still fun to see yeah. Saw Khush playing Captain Toad the other day while my BOTW disc was loading.

Still really enjoying the system, it's my only (somewhat) current gaming device and single-handedly responsible for getting me back in the hobby. However, I am starting to feel that desire to get a Switch soon, what with Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina both due out this year. Just worried it'll lead to me abandoning the Wii U, despite having quite a lot of unplayed games for it still.
(Plus it doesn't help that Switch entry costs are pretty steep, the online is paid, the Joycons seem flimsy, and I'm still not convinced there won't be an improved "pro model" out before 2020 is over.)

Like ejamer, I may be using my Wii U as a Wii for awhile since my plan after completing Kirby's 20th is to finally get around to playing one or all of Super Paper Mario, Metroid: Other M and/or LOZ: Skyward Sword to finally see what all the fuss is about for those games.

Do post on here somewhere when you start Other M. I played that for a bit but didn't get past the halfway point iirc. Remember the gameplay being okay, but the story was rather overwrought. Could be a fun Forum Retrospective maybe? :)

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 08:49:14 PM »
Do post on here somewhere when you start Other M. I played that for a bit but didn't get past the halfway point iirc. Remember the gameplay being okay, but the story was rather overwrought. Could be a fun Forum Retrospective maybe? :)

I'd be in.

After closing out some of the stuff I'm playing now, I'll be doing Kirby and Rainbow Curse on Wii U... but that's not something I need to power through at all.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 09:27:49 PM »
Other M could be a really good Forum Retrospective actually. I'll have to get on that.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 09:33:42 PM »
Amusingly, all but one of the people on my Wii U friends list have been active within the last month.

If there are some other forum heroes I missed that you have seen are still using the Wii U then let me know and I'll add them to the list. (Of course, the truly great heroes are those who are still playing their GameCubes every so often in 2019. But have no way to verify that aside from their word so I went with the Wii U for now.)

Still really enjoying the system, it's my only (somewhat) current gaming device and single-handedly responsible for getting me back in the hobby. However, I am starting to feel that desire to get a Switch soon, what with Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina both due out this year. Just worried it'll lead to me abandoning the Wii U, despite having quite a lot of unplayed games for it still.
(Plus it doesn't help that Switch entry costs are pretty steep, the online is paid, the Joycons seem flimsy, and I'm still not convinced there won't be an improved "pro model" out before 2020 is over.)

Yes. I felt that pull early on in the Switch's first year with ARMS and then Mario Odyssey. I resisted both times although I came very close to pulling the trigger for a Mario bundle. Finally got it last year near the end of the year at a great deal and price point I was waiting for even though I feared a revision was coming soon. No revision yet but the price I paid was one that I could probably trade the Switch I have in for a revised model if it happens and maybe be close to still breaking even that it would be like I just bought a New Switch so I was ok with that possibility. So, have a price point in mind and stick to it. Eventually, something will meet that goal even if you have to wait longer than you first expected. Those pulls of certain games will fade once the release date passes and the hype train cools down. While you may be playing the Switch a lot at first, there's a good chance you'd then get back to the Wii U after initial playing some of the stuff you wanted it for. That's why I've come back to the Wii U now.

We'll see. I should be posting my thoughts on games I've played on Pietriots but I just can't seem to get the motivation to plug away at getting my thoughts on a game out. Rather just watch TV or a movie or play some more of a game when I have the time to do so.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 09:35:22 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2019, 06:08:44 PM »
I actually kind of want to invest in some Wii Remote pluses for multiplayer while you can find them for relatively cheap.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 08:37:35 PM »
Wii U had better online than the Switch, FACT.
It isn't funny because it's true!

I wrapped up Captain Toad on the weekend
That's one of my faves, I hope you enjoyed it!

For me, I still have a backlogue of games I haven't yet started, which I may or may not get to at some point in time... perhaps...

007 Legends
Animal Crossing amiibo Festival
Assassin's Creed III
Batman Arkham City Armored Edition
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Call of Duty Ghosts
Darksiders Warmastered
Darksiders II
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
Lego Batman 3
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Mass Effect 3 Special Edition
Mighty No. 9
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Rodea the Sky Soldier
Skylanders Swap Force
Skylanders Trap Team
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic Lost World
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
The Wonderful 101

I still use an actual Wii for Wii games, though its space is about full...

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 09:01:59 PM »
Assassin's Creed III
Batman Arkham City Armored Edition
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Darksiders Warmastered
Darksiders II
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
Mass Effect 3 Special Edition
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
The Wonderful 101

Wow, a lot of overlap in our Wii U backlog. Although it's not like there were that many games released for the system, so maybe not surprising?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 09:54:55 PM »
I actually use the Wii U for Wii games just because once you get used to using the pointer on the gamepad playing Wii games off TV is surprisingly solid. I believe I played most of My Life as a King that way while watching something on Netflix. The only real problem is that there's no way to disable the wii sensor bar outside of unplugging it but overall it's a really cool and underappreciated feature.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 11:47:31 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2019, 10:27:55 PM »
Also this Pokepal178 fellow sounds like a real trooper. I can only hope to be 148/178th of the man he is.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 11:45:36 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2019, 11:42:20 PM »
Good catch.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 12:47:49 AM »
Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystaria is on sale for less than $4 and it has online co-op. We should all hit that up real quick. It sounds like a blast.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 03:15:09 PM »
Wow, a lot of overlap in our Wii U backlog. Although it's not like there were that many games released for the system, so maybe not surprising?
Yeah, I'm afraid that isn't surprising to me, hee hee. I think there were only 165 disc games released, or somewhere around there, so the probability of overlap seems pretty high. I'd be surprised if we had not a one in common, despite you being my sworn nemesis!

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2019, 08:38:23 AM »
Amusingly, all but one of the people on my Wii U friends list have been active within the last month.

Wow. Most of my friends stopped logging on before the Switch even launched. Seen 3 log on lately though the only one I ever catch online seems to be using their WiiU to just watch Netflix.
Mission...complete?

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2019, 09:27:09 AM »
I briefly logged in to play Mario Maker 1 before the release of 2. But before that I hadn't turned on the system in well over a year.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2019, 10:57:18 AM »
I've been using my Wii U off and on this past year to play Mario Maker 1 with my kids, as well as Nintendoland, the Wii Sports games, and introducing my 7 year old to Super Mario Galaxy.

It makes me kind of sad how lifeless the home menu feels now that miiverse stuff has been cut off.  Although I guess it also matches how little personality the Switch menu has now.   

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2019, 12:03:49 PM »
I like the minimalist approach of the Switch menu though it could stand to have some flair like other colors. I know orange is the shop color.. I just like orange so that’s what I’d set it to.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2019, 12:32:08 PM »
The Switch could use an activity log like the Wii U has.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2019, 09:21:28 AM »
I like the minimalist approach of the Switch menu though it could stand to have some flair like other colors. I know orange is the shop color.. I just like orange so that’s what I’d set it to.

I wouldn't want anything that'd bog down the quickness that everything loads on Switched compared to Wii U, but even a few things like additional background colors/themes in the main menu, and some jingle music for the eshop would add a nice bit of personality.