Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread  (Read 243868 times)

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
Re: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread
« Reply #1075 on: June 18, 2009, 11:22:02 PM »
All the people I've deleted so far were from TMK.

It was one of the main reasons I left there: pretty much no one wanted to do anything anymore when it comes to Mario Kart and Brawl. It was depressing every time I said "anyone up for Mario kart?" and no one answers.

I've used the Wheel 100%, so I think I'm pretty good.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 18, 2009, 11:23:08 PM »
I still vote for Regional races. But if you want to open a room then I think Maxi should do it because he has us all added.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1077 on: June 18, 2009, 11:24:27 PM »
All right I'll open up a room.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ThomasO

• View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #1078 on: June 18, 2009, 11:24:51 PM »
All right, sounds great. If possible, could we do battle at some point? I've mostly played that on MKW's online.

BTW, is there a chatroom all you are using?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 18, 2009, 11:27:30 PM »
This and AC are my chatrooms. :)

I'm going to load the game now.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: June 18, 2009, 11:51:14 PM »
For a second there I thought we were going to tie.

That race on N64 Bowser's Castle had a crazy amount of blue shells.

I'm not sure if I'm liking your racing style ThomasO, sometimes you seem needlessly aggressive.

Oy, two Thunderclouds in a row.

FACT: Block Plaza is the only good battle stage.

The Coin Battle is the absolute worst mode in the history of Mario Kart. It encourages cowardice.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:22:44 AM by Mop_it_up »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 19, 2009, 12:27:15 AM »
Maxi got disconnected.

Now what?

Offline ThomasO

• View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #1082 on: June 19, 2009, 12:29:24 AM »
I opened a new room.

Coin Runner is good in doses. It is terrible though in large areas.

The large number of battles I play (over 4000 perhaps) has probably made me seem aggressive.

We definitely need more people, though.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:32:46 AM by ThomasO »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 19, 2009, 12:32:24 AM »
Alright. One more and then I'm probably going to play some Regional races.

Thanks for playing Maxi, too bad about that disconnect. See you next time!

That Bowser Castle race was crazy. You were stopped an inch before the finish line, that had to hurt.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:46:07 AM by Mop_it_up »

Offline ThomasO

• View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #1084 on: June 19, 2009, 12:42:26 AM »
Darn! That Red Shell hit just inches before the Finish Line!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 19, 2009, 12:54:02 AM »
You were, like, on the finish line from where I was looking, I thought you had already crossed it!

That. Was. Awesome. I passed the Thundercloud to Thomas. He slammed the breaks, so I did too. Then Stratos comes zooming by and gets passed the cloud. And he keeps on driving. Epic.

Oh fine, one more, since Maxi is back.

Had a wheel malfunction on Waluigi Stadium, it was not good...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:18:01 AM by Mop_it_up »

Offline ThomasO

• View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #1086 on: June 19, 2009, 01:50:37 AM »
This is why I hate Funky Stadium. It's almost impossible to catch up to anyone.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1087 on: June 19, 2009, 02:18:47 AM »
Great matches you guys. I had fun.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 19, 2009, 02:22:12 AM »
ThomasO: If you are looking for a Battle buddy then I'm not it. How often do you play Regional races with the Standard Kart?
Maybe, MAYBE I'd want to play Regional Battles sometime (I haven't played a Battle all year) but the likelihood of us ending up on the same team would be pretty slim.

Yeah, I don't know if this is going to work out. You're way too aggressive for my tastes.
:(

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 19, 2009, 02:26:34 AM »
No! Don't delete me!  ;)
Actually... to be honest, it could happen. I'm not making any promises. It will depend on how you evolve from here, but I'm not sure I'm liking where it seems like you're headed. You seem to be attracted to the big skill meanieface bikes and use the characters with the arrogant speed bonuses. If you're not willing to use karts or non-inward drifting bikes more often, you could get dumped.

I'm sorry but I'm pretty picky about the people I add to my list. There's only thirty spaces so they have to meet at least a few things on my criteria.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 19, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »
****, you guys need to let me know the next time you're playing online.  I missed out on all the fun.  :(
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1091 on: June 19, 2009, 01:53:08 PM »
Well, they're not discussing ONLINE MATCHMAKING in the MATCHMAKING FORUM.  I see how this is a problem.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 19, 2009, 02:48:26 PM »
I'll be sure to drop a thread there next time, Vudu and Pro.

Though I find it convenient here because since I have posts here it shows up on my "Show new replies to my posts" section. Since I usually reply to common threads through that feature I'll always see if people are rarin for a MK race here.

In fact, I wouldn't mind racing some more tonight if you guys are up for it.

No! Don't delete me!  ;)
Actually... to be honest, it could happen. I'm not making any promises. It will depend on how you evolve from here, but I'm not sure I'm liking where it seems like you're headed. You seem to be attracted to the big skill meanieface bikes and use the characters with the arrogant speed bonuses. If you're not willing to use karts or non-inward drifting bikes more often, you could get dumped.

I'm sorry but I'm pretty picky about the people I add to my list. There's only thirty spaces so they have to meet at least a few things on my criteria.
I thought we were pretty evenly matched, Mop it up, especially in the VS teams. Other than that last set, which was still fairly close overal, almost every race ended blue, red, blue red or vice versa.

You know which characters I like to play as, and that has nothing to do with their performance. I like to use Funky, Waluigi, Dry Bones, Rosalina and my Mii. On occasion I'll use Bowser or Diddy too. I use the Flame Runner because it fits my style. I didn't find out it was "the best bike" until after you told me. I merely saw it fit how I like to play on bikes and so I use it all the time. I lost more than enough times with it thit I didn't think it would have been a problem. Also, now that I've gotten a taste for bikes, I can't go back to karts. The way they slide differently is too much for me to handle.

:(
My Game Collection

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 19, 2009, 04:37:16 PM »
I'll be sure to drop a thread there next time, Vudu and Pro.

That wouldn't help, I wasn't even on the forums last night.  :(  Send me an IM.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ThomasO

• View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #1094 on: June 19, 2009, 05:02:10 PM »
Ever since I unlocked Mii (he's medium sized), he is the character I have always used (sometimes Dry Bones), along with the normal bike. I don't see myself as an aggressive driver, I simply use items a lot because from experience Mario Kart Wii is a very "slam or get slammed" experience.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: June 19, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »
I don't see myself as an aggressive driver, I simply use items a lot because from experience Mario Kart Wii is a very "slam or get slammed" experience.
You layer it on though and attack people with items when they are recovering from another attack, and you slow down when you get red shells just so you can hit the person behind you. The former isn’t terribly uncommon I guess (though still needlessly aggressive/mean), but the latter one is something I’ve rarely seen, especially in a "friend" race.

****, you guys need to let me know the next time you're playing online.  I missed out on all the fun.  :(
I’m sorry you missed out, though aren’t you asleep at that time?

Well, they're not discussing ONLINE MATCHMAKING in the MATCHMAKING FORUM.  I see how this is a problem.
I always forget that forum exists since so few people use it. Perhaps we should also create (or bump?) an Animal Crossing thread as well?

I thought we were pretty evenly matched, Mop it up, especially in the VS teams. Other than that last set, which was still fairly close overal, almost every race ended blue, red, blue red or vice versa.
Sure we are now, but once you get better then the extreme statistical difference between those bikes and the other vehicles will become apparent. I’m not going to request you use something else if that means being somebody you’re not, but that unfortunately means you could get dumped if I find somebody else who better matches my style. Though I might keep you around for those times when I’m feeling competitive. It happens rarely but it DOES happen sometimes, and when it does, I scare even myself.

In that last set I chose the Mach Bike, a vehicle of which I’m not that great with as it is made worse by that I haven’t used it in a while and have never used it with the wheel. It is a very technical vehicle and that’s where the wheel falters.

You don’t need anyone to tell you which vehicles are the best. Because of your competitive nature, you have a keen sense of what is statistically the best. Besides, it isn’t like it’s that hard to tell just how much better they are than everything else.

I'll be on tonight most likely. Weekends are usually when I play anyway.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 19, 2009, 05:35:09 PM »
I’m sorry you missed out, though aren’t you asleep at that time?

Asleep?  No.  But I'm usually only able to play games until around 9:00 Central during the week.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 19, 2009, 05:53:04 PM »
So let's play now. I want to race some more.

I even started a thread in the Smacktalk board.

Do I have your code, vudu? I'll write it down from the MKWii FC thread just in case.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 05:55:53 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 19, 2009, 05:55:40 PM »