Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread  (Read 243839 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread
« Reply #1000 on: June 05, 2009, 04:22:51 PM »
REGGIE RIDES AGAIN, OH YEAH

>> Mario Kart Wii * 480p / 60fps
Reggie Kart:  Massacre 09
Reggie Kart:  Massacre 10 * RAINBOW ROAD IS OFFICIALLY REGGIE ROAD

PRE-E3 MEGATON FAPPAGE
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 05, 2009, 04:34:08 PM »
The Family NOA REGGIE did recognize you that night.  You used a name other than Djunknown, but REGGIE took it anyway.

So did NOA REGGIE take both of his names and if so, does that mean his name was Double-Taken? So I would imagine that would lead to a Double-Ass-Kickin'?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1002 on: June 05, 2009, 04:39:30 PM »
5 REGGIES x 2 Names = 10X THE PAIN

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 05, 2009, 04:40:58 PM »
5 REGGIES x 2 Names = 10X THE PAIN

You've been REGGINATED! Total REGGINATION!
My Game Collection

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 05, 2009, 11:43:53 PM »
in Non-Reggie Kart news, I came across late last night what was no doubt a hacker or running in what is calledi in PC circles, a trainer. His icon was called lil'Hitler, and he was able to change his size at will, throw multiple green and blue shells indiscriminately, and make himself invincible also at will.  He proceeded to go around curb stomping all the racers. Needlessly to say, I ran my race and dropped out ASAP.

While I guess I'm a fool to think that WFC was hack-proof, has anyone come across something similar to this?

P.S When are the Sons of Reggie racing again? I'm training for an upcoming local tournament, and could use some practice with some consistent top finishers...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1005 on: June 06, 2009, 12:25:55 AM »
I have one of these hack douches captured on video from a couple nights ago.  That video will be up this weekend, not to mention i'm reporting his sorry ass to Nintendo.  It's rare for us to find these all-out cheaters.

Team Reggie finds light-cheaters all the time, and Reggie takes pleasure in dropping their 9000+ score.  Either the cheats cry and exit the room after a couple spankings, or they win just enough times for WFC to recognize their hacks and get kicked off the service.  I'm sure Real Reggie was sitting down with a beer and watching our races before E3.  HE watches us, HE inspires us.

Oh hey, we're racing right now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 06, 2009, 02:10:38 AM »
While I guess I'm a fool to think that WFC was hack-proof, has anyone come across something similar to this?
That's unfortunately been going on since not long after the game launched. The first known hacker was ihack@you, and after he revealed the key to hacking lots of people jumped on the bandwagon. It's gotten more prominent recently but fortunately I've seen only a few myself. Unfortunately I was always their target... :(

I'm training for an upcoming local tournament, and could use some practice with some consistent top finishers...
I might be good enough if I use the Mach Bike, or if there is something specific you'd want me to use. What do you say?

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 08, 2009, 12:10:12 AM »
The Reggie Club also includes Yamauchi, Iwata and Miyamoto. Talk about exclusive... ;D

I might be good enough if I use the Mach Bike, or if there is something specific you'd want me to use. What do you say?

Just use whatever you use to win. They didn't give specific details on how the tourney will be run. Whether they'll use Wii Wheel or Wii-mote and funchuck. I don't know if I got your Mario Kart info, I'll check next time I play.

Picking up Wii-mote/funchuck is old hat to me, so I'm not worried, though I never bothered to use Wii Wheel seriously until now, so I've been practicing with that in case they bust out Wii Wheels at the tourney.

I've been experimenting with different combinations to try and get consistent results. I also have to prepare for the worst, that is say, they fire it up and only have the starting roster and vehicles. I don't know what level the competition will be, but I figure if I can hang with Team Reggie, then the competition won't stand a chance  ;)
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 08, 2009, 01:24:48 AM »
Just use whatever you use to win.
That's the thing though, I use the Standard Kart and so I don't win too consistently with that because it is a "gimped" vehicle! If you're going to be participating in a tournament with no restrictions then the contenders are going to use the Bullet/Mach/Bowser Bike; maybe you'd get an oddball or two who use the Spear or Sneakster but that's as creative as people get in tournaments. Unless you hear word on vehicle restrictions then I'm going to use Mach Bike because that's the kind of competition you're extremely likely to be up against. No way would you find a Standard Kart unless that was required by rule!

I don't think you are on my list, unless you participated in the last Wi-Fi night where it was picked. Here's my info:
MKWii Name: Bummers
Code: 1118-1159-8102

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 10, 2009, 01:45:26 AM »
Added your info Mop it Up. I usually train late at night, though I'm most likely going to train double time as the tourney nears (its on the 15th.)

My info's in the sig.

My prediction that the competition will be a mixed bag of non-gamers, gamers, and those who know every stat inside and out.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 10, 2009, 04:27:53 AM »
Do you have a usual time? Currently I've been playing this only on weekends so if you wanted to meet up on a weeknight then I'd like to know at what time to look for you.
Also, do you want to play Regional, Worldwide, or a 1-on-1 friend match? I myself prefer Regional but if you think a 1-on-1 would better help hone your skills then I wouldn't mind that.

and those who know every stat inside and out.
Knowledge does not equal skill. I know every stat, shortcut, trick, etc. and I'm far from being the best player in the world!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 10, 2009, 02:44:57 PM »
and those who know every stat inside and out.
Knowledge does not equal skill. I know every stat, shortcut, trick, etc. and I'm far from being the best player in the world!

But your still pretty darn good. You are the top ranked players on Time Trials on my friend list.

Hey, Djunknown, I'll ride with you too if you want the practice. My codes in my sig and I should be on most of tomorrow.
My Game Collection

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 10, 2009, 03:52:23 PM »
Man, you guys play this so much! Why don't any of you like brawl as much? oh right... But its still a great game!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 10, 2009, 04:07:19 PM »
I need to get back into this game.  Maybe I should add some of your codes for motivation so I can rip apart your time trails.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #1014 on: June 10, 2009, 04:37:35 PM »
I mostly enjoy Mario Kart Wii's online Battle, despite a few problems that are present. I have played the online battle so much that it unlocked Mii Outfit B.

There are some things that are particularly annoying about online battle– first and foremost, Funky Stadium. I have never disliked a battle course so much. It is simply too big, which makes it impossible to catch up to people, and the constant blockades make it difficult to throw red shells. And somehow, I think the "random selection" done before battle is rigged. I have noticed that if ? is picked, it will most likely be a course no else picked. And if one's selection has the least chance of being picked randomly, it most likely be picked.

The battle rating system has some annoyances as well. It follows a "you gain some, you lose all" philosophy, so several consecutive wins earn like 100 points, but one loss deducts 200. The only upside to it is that I can easily tell who some of the cheaters are, who have 9999 points, so I can drop out prematurely without losing points. However, it does not take into account whether or not your teammates sucked or you were grossly outnumbered. So if your team lost but you had more points scored than the leading person on the winning team, you don't even get brownie points. It's bullshit.

But nonetheless, MKW's smooth online has probably made it my most played game on Wii.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 10, 2009, 04:44:31 PM »
Funky is one of my favorites, I love all of that SPACE!  The one I find annoying is the sand sucker.  Just too zany.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 10, 2009, 05:33:44 PM »
There are some things that are particularly annoying about online battle– first and foremost, Funky Stadium. I have never disliked a battle course so much. It is simply too big, which makes it impossible to catch up to people, and the constant blockades make it difficult to throw red shells.
The stage selection is my main problem with the battle mode. Most stages are just plain terrible because they are too wide-open and random, making skill largely irrelevant. The best stage is by far Block Plaza, and the other two playable ones are DS Twilight House and Delfino Pier, oddly.

It follows a "you gain some, you lose all" philosophy, so several consecutive wins earn like 100 points, but one loss deducts 200.
A couple of things about the BR system. How many points you gain or lose depends on the difference in points between you and the other players. So if you have 6,000BR and everyone else has around 5,000 then you are going to get few points for beating them and lose quite a few for losing to them. Secondly, what you say about still losing even if you scored a lot of points isn't entirely correct. If your team loses but you have at least double the points of any players on the opposing team, you will place ahead of them in the overall ranking and can still gain BR points this way. However, I think you have to have a certain amount of points for this to take effect, and I believe that number is five. So if you scored two points then you won't place ahead of those who scored one point.

Why don't any of you like brawl as much? oh right... But its still a great game!
No it isn't.

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #1017 on: June 10, 2009, 06:42:57 PM »
The only stages I ever select are Block Plaza, GCN Cookie Land, and sometimes N64 Skyscraper. GBA Battle Course 3 sucks in Balloon Battle because your revival points have no item boxes around, giving your opponents a free shot. DS Twilight House it's another type of course where it's sometimes impossible to catch up with people because it's just one big circle.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 11, 2009, 12:21:30 AM »
Guess I'm the odd one here. I can't stand N64 Skyscraper & GCN Cookie Land. I'll pretty much pick any stage except those two though I find certain ones better depending if it's Coin Runners or Balloon Battle.

My biggest gripe is that I wish there was a free for all option. As much as I like online co-op in general, sometimes you get stuck with some really poor teammates.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 11, 2009, 01:55:11 AM »
Guess I'm the odd one here. I can't stand N64 Skyscraper & GCN Cookie Land. I'll pretty much pick any stage except those two though I find certain ones better depending if it's Coin Runners or Balloon Battle.
I don't like either one of them either, in fact I think they are the worst courses in their respective games as well. The N64 Skyscaper is now much larger which has made it even worse.

The Coin Battle is terrible no matter which course it is because it encourages cowardice. It is one of two reasons why I don't like the battle mode, the other being its more competitive nature.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: June 11, 2009, 01:57:06 AM »
Added your info Stratos. Like I mentioned earlier, I play late, anywhere around 1-3 a.m EST weekdays. Fridays and Saturdays are iffy. If I play at a half-way decent time, I'll PM you and Mop it Up  8)

I play offline to experiment with some combos before I test it in a 'live' situation. I also tend to drop out of games after 3 races or so, and drop back in if one combination isn't working. Some of Team Reggie can vouch for this.

I've participated in one battle mode, got a victory, have a perfect record of 6-0, and I plan to keep it that way  :D
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 11, 2009, 02:17:18 AM »
Added your info Stratos. Like I mentioned earlier, I play late, anywhere around 1-3 a.m EST weekdays. Fridays and Saturdays are iffy. If I play at a half-way decent time, I'll PM you and Mop it Up  8)
Actually that is a halfway decent time! For example, last night I stayed up until 4AM playing Smash Brothers with Maxi and ThatGuy. Weekends are when I sleep. This may work out very well actually.

I've participated in one battle mode, got a victory, have a perfect record of 6-0, and I plan to keep it that way  :D
That's so weak. Of course, I'm a hypocrite, as I've played one ghost race, won it, and haven't played another one so I don't ruin my perfect record of 1-0!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1022 on: June 11, 2009, 01:08:52 PM »
"I play offline to experiment with some combos before I test it in a 'live' situation. I also tend to drop out of games after 3 races or so, and drop back in if one combination isn't working. Some of Team Reggie can vouch for this."

Rooms where hacks/cheats are active seem noticeably more laggy and less stable, so I don't blame you.  Bill's been having some rough connections lately.  **** those douche dumpsters.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 11, 2009, 02:09:51 PM »
I loved the old N64 Skyscraper. I can't make much of a call on any of the new courses because I don't like the new battle mode. I prefer free-for-all battle mode.

That will probably be too late for me tonight as I have to be up between 5-6 AM Pacific time. But normally I'm up late since I'm SUPPOSED to be a graveyard worker. I was highered as one but my boss keeps throwing random day shifts in there. Not that I'm complaining about getting hours in a poor economy like this, but I'd pefer some consistency for sleep and sanity's sake.

I have Monday through Thursday off this coming week so I can play late then. 13 hour work days are great! I get 3-4 day weekends.
My Game Collection

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 14, 2009, 11:58:01 PM »
So the tourney's tomorrow, so I'm going to get some practice tonight, and a little bit just 2 hours before game time tomorrow. I've decided to go with Daisy/Wild Wing since Its got the speed I need, with the handling bonus I want.

Question is whether I go automatic or manual come tournament time.  On auto, I've been able to top 65% of the online competition, save for a few really bad nights. The other 35% use manual w/wii wheel, other control scheme, or are just plain better :'(

I've been more comfortable with manual just recently, though item juggling is still a chore. Play it safe, or go for the gusto? Choices...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa