Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread  (Read 243831 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread
« Reply #950 on: May 06, 2009, 04:01:01 PM »
=O
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 06, 2009, 06:10:10 PM »
Vudu doesn't read my posts because he thinks I don't use the wheel. How can I tell him that I do use the wheel if he doesn't read my posts? Quite the predicament...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #952 on: May 06, 2009, 06:21:05 PM »
PM him a video of you using the wheel.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 06, 2009, 08:34:08 PM »
PM him a video of you using the wheel.

PM me the video, and i'll forward it to vudu. He won't bother reading a PM from you (i just have a feeling)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 12, 2009, 08:47:14 PM »
OMG

I just unlocked staff ghosts in time trials on Ghost Valley 2 and Rainbow Road.  They were the last two stragglers and now I'm unlocked all 32 staff ghosts.  (Hooray for Mii Outfit B!)

Talk about a freaking rush.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 12, 2009, 11:03:10 PM »
I was going to post something about that being easy and at most shouldn't have taken more than a couple of retrys to complete. Also something about you sucking and you should have been able to do this ages ago, but I think I'll hold my tongue.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 12, 2009, 11:05:56 PM »
Congratulations Vudu! Some of those staff ghosts can be a real pain, I personally hated Yoshi Fails and Shy Guy Beach.

Now your Miis can be dressed up like Peach and Mario!

EDIT: Dasmos's comment doesn't count because he doesn't use the wheel.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 13, 2009, 01:53:39 PM »
I was going to post something about that being easy and at most shouldn't have taken more than a couple of retrys to complete. Also something about you sucking and you should have been able to do this ages ago, but I think I'll hold my tongue.

In my defense, I really just started this quest a few weeks ago, and I didn't have a working TV for a lot of that time.

But shut up, it was hard.  If you think it's easy you're lying.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 13, 2009, 07:29:07 PM »
But shut up, it was hard.  If you think it's easy you're lying.
Very true. It was the second-to-last thing which I accomplished, the last being three stars. Though there's always somebody around to tell you "you suck", so I wouldn't sweat it.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 13, 2009, 09:08:33 PM »
I was racing in the Grand Prix tonight and Birdo cut me off.  I shouted (at the top of my lungs, because I was pretty worked up by that point) **** YOU MOP IT UP!!.  It took me a couple seconds to realize my mistake.

I just finished unlocking the last of the Mirror Cup unlockables.  Now it's time to move onto the star unlockables.  (I'm never going to even try to get 3 stars on all races.)

BTW, who is Bummers?  This person is always the leader of the pack amongst my friends in time trial rankings (although I have bested him/her in a few races).

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: May 13, 2009, 10:00:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure Bummers is Mop_it_up isn't it?

Most of mine are topped by NOA REGGIE's, it could be a number of people (but it's probably Mario). Also RAB and Bummers have a couple there too.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 13, 2009, 10:20:33 PM »
I was racing in the Grand Prix tonight and Birdo cut me off.  I shouted (at the top of my lungs, because I was pretty worked up by that point) **** YOU MOP IT UP!!.  It took me a couple seconds to realize my mistake.
Ha ha, awesome. Though it wouldn't have been me because I'm not an aggressive player.

Bummers 'tis me. My time trial times were achieved with Funky Kong + Lame Runner or Spear, combos which I don't play my best with. Most of them are from back when I unlocked the fast staff ghosts. If the Standard Kart were a high-tier vehicle, I would be so awesome at this game... *sigh*

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 14, 2009, 12:04:50 AM »
Yeah, I can't beat ANY of your times Mop it up. You did too fine of a job. I tried my darnedest and still can't squeeze out those last seconds on the Mario Raceway 64 track to beat you. :P
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 14, 2009, 03:06:33 PM »
Yeah, I pretty much consider Mop it Up unbeatable in time trials. I just try to land 2nd or 3rd(can't beat NOA REGGIE either) on those now.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 14, 2009, 04:43:04 PM »
Yeah, I pretty much consider Mop it Up unbeatable in time trials. I just try to land 2nd or 3rd(can't beat NOA REGGIE either) on those now.

Though the challenge ghost you sent me for Toad's Factory is giving me some trouble as well. I can't pull off three perfect laps, I always mess up on one or more on that last turn.
My Game Collection

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #965 on: May 14, 2009, 04:45:40 PM »
That NOA REGGIE guy sounds like a tough competitor.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 14, 2009, 05:14:14 PM »

Though the challenge ghost you sent me for Toad's Factory is giving me some trouble as well. I can't pull off three perfect laps, I always mess up on one or more on that last turn.

Took me several tries, a control scheme switch, as well as more tries to do that. Still have a mess up or two in that ghost I believe. Like you said, that last turn screws up momentum.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 14, 2009, 05:21:15 PM »
Yeah, I can pull off that turn perfectly every other time now :/

Once I'm settled in my new room I'll get back to trying to beat your ghosts. Be prepared!
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 14, 2009, 05:51:33 PM »
Who is James, is that you Vudu? I received a ghost of Yoshi Fails with a Mii named James, but nobody on my list is named James. The Mii looks similar to Vudu's Mii.

I tried my darnedest and still can't squeeze out those last seconds on the Mario Raceway 64 track to beat you.
I'm sure you'll get there, just keep practicing. I sent you a ghost for that, right? Just try to mimic it exactly, then maybe see if you can find a way to change up the racing line to shave a few seconds off your time. If you can, it could also be helpful to download the ghosts of the world record holders and see if you can learn anything.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 16, 2009, 10:23:11 AM »
Who is James, is that you Vudu? I received a ghost of Yoshi Fails with a Mii named James, but nobody on my list is named James. The Mii looks similar to Vudu's Mii.

Yeah, that's me.  I sent it to you by mistake.  I had no idea that option was even available; I thought I was on worldwide stats and I was trying to download the record holder's ghost.

Several months ago I changed my Mii's name to vudu to avoid confusion.  Weird that it still showed up as James for you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 16, 2009, 09:42:30 PM »
All of your ghosts are tied to the Mii you were using at the time you set that record, so if you change your Mii then it won't be reflected on your current ghosts. If you don't want your ghosts to still be tied to "James", you will have to beat those records.

I can't send you back a kart-using ghost for Yoshi Fails, but if you are interested, here is a YouTube video of using the Standard Kart to unlock the fast staff ghost:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7nnFvvGfxY

Before you ask, yes, I used the wheel.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 16, 2009, 11:17:17 PM »
No worries--I've since unlocked all staff ghosts, so there's no need anymore.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 17, 2009, 12:34:29 AM »
Good. If you've set new records on all tracks using your new Mii, then they should all be tied to "Vudu" now. Just remember this if you consider changing it again.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 17, 2009, 10:22:01 AM »
I didn't set all new records with "vudu".  I had unlocked maybe 8 using my old "James" Mii.

Any way to tell which is which?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 17, 2009, 02:54:36 PM »
What's wrong with being James on MK? I'm Nate on there and Mop it up is Bummers. I just learn who is who and remember. 'Course, I have such a pathetically small list that I wouldn't have much of an issue with remembering who is who.
My Game Collection