Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread  (Read 243852 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread
« Reply #625 on: April 28, 2008, 05:59:32 PM »
Geez, the character model of Donkey Kong is crap. All the characters are low poly. Probably my biggest issue with the game so far.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 28, 2008, 06:29:16 PM »
i thought they looked sucky too but then i stopped caring because most of the time you'll be staring (partially) at the back of their heads..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 28, 2008, 06:56:11 PM »
Gripe: Why the hell does Rainbow Road have to be hard as **** again!!?!  You know the N64 one used to be a great fun cruise with great music and there used to be all these little things you could do that make it a lot of fun( we used to shoot the bananas into the constellations mouths, fire the shells of the stage and watch them fly like a shooting star.), but now once again, the Rainbow Road has to be really hard. I mean Christ I got 1st all three times on 150cc Star Cup, and I get 12th again after my 3rd try at the cup!  ANOTHER THING, on that track, don't give the people in last gold mushrooms, thats freakin' suicide! and only made it worse!

ugh
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 28, 2008, 07:22:05 PM »
its official; i dont really like the wii-wheel... its comfortable but i'm used to using the remote by itself and using it more like i would in Excite truck
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 28, 2008, 07:32:52 PM »
Maybe this question has been asked, but I don't care. On the Mario Kart channel how in the heck do I get the invite a friend to give you their game code? Sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #630 on: April 28, 2008, 07:35:33 PM »
Maybe this question has been asked, but I don't care. On the Mario Kart channel how in the heck do I get the invite a friend to give you their game code? Sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't.

EC mentioned that earlier, it seems you can only do it so many times a day with is lame.

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 28, 2008, 07:37:23 PM »
whatever appears in the last space (where it should be) just click on that and go thru with it until you see it.

for instance:

"want to update mario kart wii channel?
yes
/update
-back to screen-
"invite friend from wii roster?"
/invite three people and never see it again (for like an hour)

edit: I'm online playin now (or trying to) so gimme your friend code already GP!!!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 28, 2008, 07:38:54 PM »
Wow, brilliant design there.  :rolleyes:

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 28, 2008, 07:43:39 PM »
Is anyone else having this problem with online:

I'll go into a regional or worldwide VS race, it'lle find players and it'll show me a message saying "you wil join the next race" and soon after it'll say "you were disconnected from the other players" but i'm still connected to nintendos WFC

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 28, 2008, 10:52:34 PM »
Wii wheel is a pretty fun novelty, although I do prefer the Excite Truck style of steering.  Actually, I pretty much just prefer Excite Truck, gawd if that game was online I would never stop playing...

Anyway, I always though MK Wii looked kind of terrible, and I was right.  It's just feels off, hard to explain.  The graphics are terrible and the colors seem washed out.  The music is forgettable.  Some of the stages are pretty cool but overall the game just gives off bad vibes.  THE VIBES MAN, THE VIBES.  Too many steps backwards.  Compared to MKDS or even Double Dash it just feels awful.  Admittedly they seemed to have somewhat fixed the blue shell problem by making it far less common than it used to be, but even so I would much rather play MKDS online.  Too bad MKDS online sucks.

The only thing saving MK Wii is that its online implementation is fantastic.  It does everything right, and it's blazing fast to boot.  Getting four friends together in MKDS often took over 30 minutes to connect, which is unacceptable.  If only Ninty could have gotten that to work...and I could have saved $50.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:59:09 PM by KnowsNothing »
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 28, 2008, 11:03:04 PM »
Gripe: Why the hell does Rainbow Road have to be hard as **** again!!?!  You know the N64 one used to be a great fun cruise with great music and there used to be all these little things you could do that make it a lot of fun( we used to shoot the bananas into the constellations mouths, fire the shells of the stage and watch them fly like a shooting star.), but now once again, the Rainbow Road has to be really hard. I mean Christ I got 1st all three times on 150cc Star Cup, and I get 12th again after my 3rd try at the cup!  ANOTHER THING, on that track, don't give the people in last gold mushrooms, thats freakin' suicide! and only made it worse!
ugh
Na I think it's awesome. The N64 one was far too boring, this one keeps you on your toes, but yeah mushrooms are pretty much suicide.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 28, 2008, 11:16:17 PM »

ugh

I've only seen videos, but I concur with the sentiment. I found the DS version to be a bit easier than DD's; is the Wii Rainbow Road a return to hair-pulling?

And anyone comparing Excite Truck favorably to *anything* in terms of course variety must have a screw loose. "Hey look, there's the track with trees! Hey look, here's the track with no trees!" Cool game, but Cruis'n USA it is not.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 28, 2008, 11:28:07 PM »
I can say without a doubt, MK Wii beats DD with 5 ugly sticks in gameplay.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 29, 2008, 12:04:43 AM »
I have added several people to my friends list via invites, but only half of them are registered? The remaining are just question marks.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #639 on: April 29, 2008, 01:33:15 AM »
This wheel thing is great.  Works much better than DD on the Logitech Wheel.  I wonder how MKWii works with a 3rd party controller grip instead of a wheel.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 29, 2008, 01:54:46 AM »
Anyone tried the wheel with Excite truck?

Actually, so far I think the nunchuck control works the best.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 29, 2008, 05:10:09 AM »
This wheel thing is great.  Works much better than DD on the Logitech Wheel. 

But the Wii Wheel doesn't have enough turning.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #642 on: April 29, 2008, 11:25:02 AM »
Actually, the Wii Wheel has infinite turning.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 29, 2008, 12:32:01 PM »
THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED FOR YOUR PROTECTION.

--Bureau of Internet Morality
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:45:48 PM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #644 on: April 29, 2008, 01:21:16 PM »
You forget it's a frisbee.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: April 29, 2008, 01:50:51 PM »
Okay I KNOW I saw a CPU holding down a green shell behind his back for almost 30seconds.  How the crap do you do that?

Also, I skipped ahead and beat everything on 150cc stuff, and whats this?  Most of the stuff isn't unlocked via 150cc!  Also beating the 150cc cups doesn't unlock all the cups in 50 and 100cc!  Thats stupid!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 02:39:37 PM by DAaaMan64 »

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #646 on: April 29, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »
Okay I KNOW I saw a CPU holding down a green shell behind his back for almost 30seconds.  How the crap do you do that?

When you have a single shell just keep the attack button held down and the item will trail your cart. Hold down or up upon release to shoot it forward/backward.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 29, 2008, 03:36:46 PM »

When you have a single shell just keep the attack button held down and the item will trail your cart. Hold down or up upon release to shoot it forward/backward.

Whats this "attack button", I'm not sure the wheel has that.  I know you could do this in prior MKs. With the wheel you only have an up or down....  I hope this doesn't mean you can't do that BECAUSE of the wheel.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #648 on: April 29, 2008, 03:41:11 PM »

Whats this "attack button", I'm not sure the wheel has that.  I know you could do this in prior MKs. With the wheel you only have an up or down....  I hope this doesn't mean you can't do that BECAUSE of the wheel.

Hmmm, well I'm not sure with the wheel, I tossed that frisbee into the closet once I opened the game.
Check out PixlBit!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #649 on: April 29, 2008, 03:45:37 PM »
If you use the Wheel config, hold Left or Right on the D-pad to hold the item (Left is easier).  Up/down will launch it.