Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread  (Read 243808 times)

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Wii Mega Thread
« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2008, 10:20:32 PM »
For those who don't want it, couldn't they just have a mute function?

Well then what's the point in having it?  I mean it'd be great to talk with YOU guys, like you, Mario, and Pap, but Mario has a point when he says some scrub like Bizzy would join and start his false ANGST RAGE by calling us jew-******-faggots, blind fanboys, friend codes, blah blah blah, and then we'd all want to mute it.  It's stupid.  Yes, it would be his stupidity that ruins voice chat but then we also have a choice in using it.  I don't like making that choice, going to all the trouble to set it up and then turning it off.

Since Bizzy is still buying the game it's obvious that even the most angry disgruntled people would still buy it, so it's not a deal-breaker in the least.  The only price Nintendo pays is that their enthusiast sites get peppered with angst, but that's ok.  He's not the first that came by, and he's not even the best.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2008, 10:45:49 PM »
I don't like making that choice, going to all the trouble to set it up and then turning it off.

Boy I can just imagine "all the trouble" it would be muting it  :rolleyes:

I say put the option in, and make it well, optional.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2008, 11:09:50 PM »
Boy I can just imagine "all the trouble" it would be muting it

I think you misunderstand.  I'm not saying the muting it would be effortful.  It's like building a gymnasium on your house and then having a bunch of Hobos squat  in it occasionally.  Since you can't kick them out, you just never use your gym anymore.  You spent all that time configuring and setting up only to have diseased and filthy bridge trolls sit in there and call you a ****** jew just for using it.  It's very similar to what happens on these voice chats.  Count me out.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 01, 2008, 11:29:04 PM »
Boy I can just imagine "all the trouble" it would be muting it

I think you misunderstand.  I'm not saying the muting it would be effortful.  It's like building a gymnasium on your house and then having a bunch of Hobos squat  in it occasionally.  Since you can't kick them out, you just never use your gym anymore.  You spent all that time configuring and setting up only to have diseased and filthy bridge trolls sit in there and call you a ****** jew just for using it.  It's very similar to what happens on these voice chats.  Count me out.

Okay, so are you saying you don't think the feature should be in there at all?  Or are you saying development time shouldn't have been put towards it?

I use voice chat all the time with TF2, and maybe 1/10 matchs I have an annoying person on the other end.  Those matches are much larger than a Mario Kart match would be anyway.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:26:15 AM by DAaaMan64 »

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2008, 12:15:02 AM »
What the heck is Brawl?

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2008, 12:25:50 AM »
Unless we are talking about a team oriented game, voice chat should only exist between friends. Mario Kart with voice chat does nothing for me personally, though I wouldn't mind being able to chat with only  friends in game. I know not having voice chat in Brawl will suck, because so much of the magic of Smash Bros. is talking smack with your friends.

I completely agree with Deg, I'm not too interested in getting cursed out by 13 year olds who only know the words ****, n00b, ******, teabag and bitch. Chatting with friends would be cool, but chatting with random people from the internets ... no thanks.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Bizzy_Fatso

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2008, 02:52:16 AM »

Well then what's the point in having it?  I mean it'd be great to talk with YOU guys, like you, Mario, and Pap, but Mario has a point when he says some scrub like Bizzy would join and start his false ANGST RAGE by calling us jew-******-***gots, blind fanboys, friend codes, blah blah blah, and then we'd all want to mute it.  It's stupid.  Yes, it would be his stupidity that ruins voice chat but then we also have a choice in using it.  I don't like making that choice, going to all the trouble to set it up and then turning it off.

Since Bizzy is still buying the game it's obvious that even the most angry disgruntled people would still buy it, so it's not a deal-breaker in the least.  The only price Nintendo pays is that their enthusiast sites get peppered with angst, but that's ok.  He's not the first that came by, and he's not even the best.

wth is your obsession with being called a jew?  And when have I ever called anyone a name?  I don't know what your problem is, but you need to cool down and lay off the personal attacks....are you one of the Mario Kart developers?  Is that why you take this so personally?  get a grip

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 02, 2008, 03:11:47 AM »
n00bs are soo n00b

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 02, 2008, 03:21:09 AM »
wth is your obsession with being called a jew?

Don't play psychology, son.  You'll find yourself ill-equipped.

And when have I ever called anyone a name?

You certainly seem defensive to a charge not levied against you.

I don't know what your problem is, but you need to cool down and lay off the personal attacks...

Personal attacks are exactly why voice chat sucks.  And why the hell should I lay off the attacks, chum?  You can turn off this forum, just like the voice chat.

are you one of the Mario Kart developers?  Is that why you take this so personally?  get a grip

I find your understanding of psychology painfully narrow.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 02, 2008, 03:28:39 AM »

Well then what's the point in having it?  I mean it'd be great to talk with YOU guys, like you, Mario, and Pap, but Mario has a point when he says some scrub like Bizzy would join and start his false ANGST RAGE by calling us jew-******-***gots, blind fanboys, friend codes, blah blah blah, and then we'd all want to mute it.  It's stupid.  Yes, it would be his stupidity that ruins voice chat but then we also have a choice in using it.  I don't like making that choice, going to all the trouble to set it up and then turning it off.

wth is your obsession with being called a jew?  And when have I ever called anyone a name?  I don't know what your problem is, but you need to cool down and lay off the personal attacks....are you one of the Mario Kart developers?  Is that why you take this so personally?  get a grip
Your entire post here is about Deguello. And he needs to cool down? He just pointed out how angry and disgruntled you were, which is more truth than punch.

Speaking of online Mario Kart, if snaking is back in a big way, the online "communication" would just be snakers vs non-snakers debating which is the "right" way to play. But hey, we don't really know what it'll be like yet. I just hope the lag is fine between countries, Mario Kart DS managed that just fine, but Mario Strikers you could only play people in your own country without significant lag, and that was only 2 player. Would adding 8 more players into the mix be significant to that?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 02, 2008, 03:38:07 AM »
Just saying, but I think there would be more love here if Mario Kart Wii had higher poly character models. Just saying.

Apparently Creepy Wii voice chat is coming this year. Cassamassina said.

Offline Bizzy_Fatso

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 02, 2008, 03:39:18 AM »

I was responding to you saying "Mario has a point when he says some scrub like Bizzy would join and start his false ANGST RAGE by calling us jew-******-***gots"  You are suggesting that I have or would start calling people such names, which is completely baseless and uncalled for.

Personal attacks are exactly why voice chat sucks.  And why the hell should I lay off the attacks, chum?  You can turn off this forum, just like the voice chat.

You should lay off of them because they're immature and pointless.  If you disagree with my opinions, fine...if you want to state yours and make a case for why you're right and I'm wrong, fine, but at least try to act like an adult.

Offline Bizzy_Fatso

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 02, 2008, 03:41:45 AM »
Just saying, but I think there would be more love here if Mario Kart Wii had higher poly character models. Just saying.

hehe...well played.  Ya I'm a bit nervous about this creepy voice chat solution...but previously he indicated that third parties would probably release more traditional peripherals, so that's a little comforting

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 02, 2008, 03:46:03 AM »
I was responding to you saying "Mario has a point when he says some scrub like Bizzy would join and start his false ANGST RAGE by calling us jew-******-***gots"  You are suggesting that I have or would start calling people such names, which is completely baseless and uncalled for.
I think you were the "friend codes" part.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 02, 2008, 03:51:40 AM »

I said a scrub LIKE you.  You came in here with your disrupting "Oh dear God why hast Nintendo forsaken us?" ANGST RAGE.  A scrub LIKE you would disrupt Mario Kart game with jew-******-***s.  Further reference to "you" in later paragraphs refers to the scrub that is LIKE you in disruption.  Reading comprehension is a must for this forum.

You should lay off of them because they're immature and pointless.  If you disagree with my opinions, fine...if you want to state yours and make a case for why you're right and I'm wrong, fine, but at least try to act like an adult.

More immature than "blind fanboys," and being called so just for not liking voice chat and not being affected by Mario Kart's exclusion of it?  I have stated my case.  It involved not wanting to be insulted with voices in Mario Kart.  Please remember to actually read the points presented, instead of just hammering the keyboard hoping by striking the keys hard enough, it'll fill your post with substance.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 03:54:21 AM by Deguello »

Offline Bizzy_Fatso

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 02, 2008, 04:02:00 AM »
I said a scrub LIKE you.  You came in here with your disrupting "Oh dear God why hast Nintendo forsaken us?" ANGST RAGE.  A scrub LIKE you would disrupt Mario Kart game with jew-******-***s.  Further reference to "you" in later paragraphs refers to the scrub that is LIKE you in disruption.  Reading comprehension is a must for this forum.

Wow...could you be more of an ass?  You'd think with such arrogance you'd at least know what you were talking about.  If you say "a scrub like you would call someone a ****" then you are effectively saying that the person you are talking to would do the same.  Are you suggesting that if I said "people like you make me sick" I am not actually saying that you make me sick, and that you would be somehow mistaken to get that impression?  I don't think I'm the one who needs a lesson here...

Anyway...I'm done arguing, as this is no longer relevant to the thread

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 02, 2008, 04:06:06 AM »
You are correct, your argument was absolutely not relevant to the thread.  It was pointless, angry fuming at the wall, and the thread was an innocent bystander.

Seriously, you aren't the first throbbing pile of angst I've seen here.  And you won't be the last.  Enjoy being a statistic.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 02, 2008, 04:07:58 AM »
Wow...could you be more of an ass?
He could call you a blind fanboy if you want.

Offline Bizzy_Fatso

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 02, 2008, 04:12:00 AM »
Wow...could you be more of an ass?
He could call you a blind fanboy if you want.

He could...wouldn't make sense...but he could

So...back on topic...have they announced how many battle tracks are in the game yet?

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 02, 2008, 04:13:01 AM »
Guys, Bizzy_Fatso needs his voice chat. It's essential okay! You simply can't play online without it. How else could you possibly talk to your friends and play multiplayer at the same time? By gathering with them in the same room? Oh my goodness. Unheard of. That would require Bizzy_Fatso to get some non-e-friends! Nintendo's racist towards the internet cool guys who rant about useless **** on forums all day! :(

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #270 on: March 02, 2008, 04:15:04 AM »
I believe there are many battle tracks.  None of which are Block Fort.  So you might as well skip on this game and focus on Wii Fit which allows you to chat to other people in the same room when you draw figure-8's with your butt.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 02, 2008, 04:16:43 AM »
So...back on topic...have they announced how many battle tracks are in the game yet?

Well aren't you a little controlling?  Just like a guy who farts in an elevator and wants to change the subject to avoid embarrassment.  (Here I make another simile explaining your behavior, and am not saying you fart in elevators.  Somehow you still need this explained to you.)

How about we talk about what we want, individually?  That OK with you, your majesty?  Geez it's almost like you think you're a mod here.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 04:20:07 AM by Deguello »

Offline Bizzy_Fatso

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 02, 2008, 04:22:02 AM »
What's wrong with block fort??

Infernal Monkey:

Although your post was obviously hilarious, you'll be surprised to hear I'm actually not the only person who cares about voice chat in online gaming:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/819/819583p1.html

Check the poll results - 98% of respondents want voice chat.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 02, 2008, 04:24:45 AM »
That's because IGN's made up of internet cool guys that rant about stupid **** on forums all day!

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 02, 2008, 04:26:27 AM »
Are you familiar with non-responder bias, Bizzy?  Online polls mean nothing.  99% of the Ku Klux Klan support anti-miscegenation laws (curious about that 1%?)

Your attempt to create consensus fails.  Try again.