Author Topic: Lost  (Read 118771 times)

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Lost
« on: October 04, 2005, 05:48:12 PM »
Holy kazowie...is there anyone as into this show as I am?  Can't wait till tomorrow's episode and see Michelle Rodriguez's debut.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
RE: Lost
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 09:03:52 PM »
Worst show ever.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:Lost
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 01:08:47 AM »

Originally posted by: RABicle
Worst show ever.

If not worst close to it. Too boring for my tastes.

Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 04:17:13 AM »
Lost is interesting....on the one hand, I'm glad to see american audiences are becoming increasingly receptive to complex, drawn out stroylines. On the other hand, judged by the standard that we judge movies (or even really good TV shows, like Twin Peaks)... I think the thing's pretty mediocre.

Though I've only seen little bits of the show - I have a general policy never to watch a TV show where you have to watch every episode, at least not on TV. Don't like the tube to tie me down so much. So I may change my mind after I rent the DVDs.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 06:28:27 AM »
"Though I've only seen little bits of the show - I have a general policy never to watch a TV show where you have to watch every episode, at least not on TV. Don't like the tube to tie me down so much. So I may change my mind after I rent the DVDs. "

Yeah, see, this is why we get crap like CSI: DeMoines and Law and Order: Petti-Crimes. Serial television is the best television, period. There's nothing like it! And with DVD it's better than ever.

Lost is probably the best teleivison show on the air (or Arrested Development, which also requires attentive viewing). There is the occasional filler epiosde (last week) but even those are entertaining. But it's by far the most compelling thing on TV not to mention the exceptional acting and brilliant technical work.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 06:45:58 AM »
Arrested Development is probably a close second.  But without a doubt, Lost is the best show on the air...better than J.J. Abrams's other show, Alias, definitely...

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 07:47:43 AM »
WHOA HORSEY, WHOA. Now I like Lost, I like it a lot. It has a great sense of mystery and suspense all around it. But anybody who has been anywhere knows that the best show on Television is "24". I thank you in advance not to tarnish these boards with your slothful Tom Foolery.  Lost is pretty good though.  
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 08:00:14 AM »

Originally posted by: Nile Boogie
WHOA HORSEY, WHOA. Now I like Lost, I like it a lot. It has a great sense of mystery and suspense all around it. But anybody who has been anywhere knows that the best show on Television is "24". I thank you in advance not to tarnish these boards with your slothful Tom Foolery.  Lost is pretty good though.

Lost hasn't started repeating itself just with a different baddie yet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 08:31:02 AM »
ROFLcopter man, 24?  That show's so predictable it's not even funny...now a random man from a stadium showing up in a mysterious hatch?  Nothing predictable about that.

Lost > AD > all.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 09:14:40 AM »
Right that's it I'm gonna start punching all your gobs. If any of you ever veiwed jsut 5 minutes of Double The Fist, you would all rethink your lives and set fire to any DVD box sets you might own.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 10:35:59 AM »
"Forgive them Kiefer, for they no not what they say".
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »
" Arrested Development is probably a close second."

More like Arrested Development is probably a close first.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 01:42:48 PM »
Yeah, Arrested Development is first by a long, long shot.

I mean, come on!
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 01:50:19 PM »
We'll see how good tonight's epiosde is. Right now they both have AMAZING premieres and mediocre-good second episodes. AD's third is good not great. If Lost is great it's leading for now.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »
"Yeah, see, this is why we get crap like CSI: DeMoines and Law and Order: Petti-Crimes. Serial television is the best television, period. There's nothing like it! And with DVD it's better than ever."
Well, I love serial fiction... but I disagree: the best television tends not to be serial. Cowboy Bebop, Star Trek, The Simpsons, Mystery Science Theatre, The Daily Show, Northern Exposure....the list goes on and on.

In any case, the problem with serial television, even if it's good, is that, on TV, it's absolutley not worth it for me to base my schedule around my entertainment instead of the other way around....ESPECIALLY when that entertainment consists of 20% annoying sales pitch. But, on dvd, I'll rent a well-regarded tv show and discover that I've just wasted hours upon hours of my life on a moderatley entertaining drawn-out drama, when I could've picked something far better from the pool of thousands of absolutley amazing pieces of entertainment that've been produced in the last 100 years of cinema.

So, yeah, in conclusion, I hate television.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 05:46:52 PM »
Lost was good not great.  But at least we got a hell lot of answers...

And Jin, that Korean b*stard, he knows English!

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2005, 06:05:25 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering
In any case, the problem with serial television, even if it's good, is that, on TV, it's absolutley not worth it for me to base my schedule around my entertainment instead of the other way around....ESPECIALLY when that entertainment consists of 20% annoying sales pitch. But, on dvd, I'll rent a well-regarded tv show and discover that I've just wasted hours upon hours of my life on a moderatley entertaining drawn-out drama, when I could've picked something far better from the pool of thousands of absolutley amazing pieces of entertainment that've been produced in the last 100 years of cinema.

So, yeah, in conclusion, I hate television.

you should step into the future and invest in DVR or TiVO, I watch my shows when I want to, not when they tell me to, and I can skip all of the commercials, pause and rewind when ever I want.

DVR is the sh!t, you gotta get it!

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2005, 07:16:13 PM »
Without my beloved DVR I wouldn't be able to get my Lost fix every week.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2005, 07:19:14 PM »
What?  The third Arrested Development episode this season is by far my favorite of the three.  Absolutely hysterical.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2005, 08:34:43 PM »
AD camera makes me seasick.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 06:08:47 AM »
I actually haven't seen any of AD this season.  meh.

Gray's Anatomy isn't half bad either...

But last night's Lost really screwed with my head man, it messed me up bad.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 06:52:38 AM »
Grey's Anatomy is SO BAD! I HATE that show with an unending passion.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005, 06:54:16 AM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
What?  The third Arrested Development episode this season is by far my favorite of the three.  Absolutely hysterical.

No comparison  to the premiere.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 06:57:17 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering
Well, I love serial fiction... but I disagree: the best television tends not to be serial. Cowboy Bebop, Star Trek, The Simpsons, Mystery Science Theatre, The Daily Show, Northern Exposure....the list goes on and on.

But of those shows only The Simpsons is truly episodic. Daily Show and MST3K aren't fiction, Star Trek is very very very hit or miss depending on the show or season, Cowboy Bebop at the very least contains large overarching plots and Northern Exposure is very much serialized, just not continuously. Episodic television is CSI, E.R. (though it's half and half), Law and Order, etc. Shows with a 'case of the week'. I'd exclude sitcoms from my comment because their plots aren't usually their focus. The most rewarding dramas are usually serialized.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2005, 09:27:50 AM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
" Arrested Development is probably a close second."

More like Arrested Development is probably a close first.
AD has gone downhill a lot since about halfway through the second season.  It's one of the three shows I watch on a regular basis, but it's lost the magic of the original episodes.

And what's up with Buster only having like 3 minutes of camera time in all three episodes of this season (combined)?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!